Summer Spectacular Begins Tomorrow!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Nickatropolis Augur

There’s only one midnight per calendar day.
    torusnc likes this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

https://earthsky.org/space/edit-time

"Also, if you wonder whether tonight’s midnight really belong to tonight – or to tomorrow morning: astronomers and the military use a system in which midnight is 0 hours. In that system, tonight’s midnight is the first moment of tomorrow. But as for the rest of us – there’s no official answer. That’s why airlines always schedule flights for 11:59 p.m. or 12:01 a.m. – never midnight."

So based on the above it would start at the very beginning of July 1 which would be in about three hours from my post.
  3. Relentless Insomnia

I'm sorry but you are wrong. A lot of mobs in classic and kunark were given the "Rare mob" flag which make increased spawn rates apply to them. You can tell if they are affected by conning the named when you see it to see if it has the rare mob flag. This was updated on Coirnav I believe.
  4. Vanrijn New Member

Thought we were "Darkpaw" anyways Dreamweaver corrected to 12PM PD (PDT) EQ is HQ in lovely
    San Diego California so fun should start in 2+ hours (fingers crossed)
  5. Leandred New Member

I'm amazed that the US hasn't gone over to 24h clock, the day have 24h just count them one by one and stop the ambitious way of saying if its am or pm, and also save the confusion with the rest of the world :D
  6. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

You are amazed that the US hasn't gone to 24 hour clock?

You are aware that the US hasn't gone metric as well right?
    torusnc and Purler like this.
  7. Cailen Augur

leap year anyone????? /duck
    Purler likes this.
  8. Purler New Member

Stupid old me, I get confused when people refer to 12am and 12pm because there is no such time; noon or midnight is the choice and cannot be either a.m. or p.m. :D
  9. Purler New Member

Yessss!!!!!
  10. Purler New Member

Midnight starts the day? All together now: Oh, no, it doesn't!! :D
  11. Bobokin Augur

... and a 76% off sale in the DBG store?
  12. Thunderkiks Augur

Thank you for the bonuses.
  13. Bobokin Augur

To be fair, neither have Liberia or Myanmar. The United States is in good company holding out with those global power brokers!
  14. Cannikin Augur

By "the rest of the world" you mean the relatively small portion of the world's population that exclusively uses 24-hour time right? Because most of the sources I see have more than half the world's population in countries regularly using the 12-hour clock in at least some contexts, including the 3 largest countries (China, India, USA) and nearly all native English speaking countries.
  15. Mediik Augur

Does this XP bonus apply to evolving items?
  16. Bobokin Augur

China, Russia, Brazil, and most of Europe use the 24 Hour clock officially, but citizens still use the 12 hour format casually in many countries. Many digital watches and health trackers built for China and Russia markets use the 24 hour clock exclusively. Parts of Western Europe have used the 24 hour clock officially since prior to World War I.

The U.K. uses the 24 hour clock for military and transportation, but one is much less likely to hear the use of the 24 hour clock in casual speech than in France or Germany.

The United States, India, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Australia, New Zealand, and some South American and African countries still officially use the 12 hour clock, but their military often use the 24 hour clock.

Like the metric system, the United States will likely end up being one of the last countries to officially adopt the 24 hour clock.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

17.76% might be a better suggestion, 76% is rather too ambitious I think.
    Nennius likes this.
  18. Dwanor New Member

Was sure hoping for a GMM style update here in July....
  19. Bobokin Augur

Wouldn't it get FTP players to sign up for at least a month?

17.76 would be good if added to the 10% - otherwise, who cares.