No Krono Currency, 1 Character per human being TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Trey, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Trey Elder

Would love to see it.
  2. Virconia New Member

1 per not enforceable, many ways around it.
  3. EternalNewb Journeyman

It would be impossible and really really bad to have a "no Krono server". Imagine all of the, "I will give you a Krono on Rizlona for 300 plat on here". It would be a customer service nightmare.

One per person, as Virconia mentioned is no enforceable. It isn't even in the true spirit of the original Everquest.

If you want to add random original EQ flavor, make it so that it is impossible to alt+tab from the game.
  4. Healiez Augur

They cant enforce a 2 per on aradune.... You want them to enforce a 1 per?

I think more people box then you think. In classic through like SoD playing 1 toon is really boring, at least in my opinion. You just dont have enough buttons to keep it engaging.

A 1 toon per server might not be super popular tbh.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  5. Jaime Lannister Augur

This.

Also, a no Krono server isn't going to happen, Krono is how DPG makes their money.
  6. code-zero Augur

Yeah, may as well ask for a free to play TLP
    Xoner likes this.
  7. Kiaro Augur

With krono they may as well be.
  8. KimchiGoddess Augur

I actually started boxing because I mained a cleric and it was soooooooooo boring in groups when raid geared. It got to the point where I would have my chat windows and health bars lined up at the bottom of the window. I'd then have my browser window a smaller rectangle that showed the bottom half of my screen and a bit on each side. I'd surf different websites, forums etc to entertain myself in between healing and chatting in game.

Playing more than one actually kept me way more engaged with the game. Pulling, trying to get it under control as an enchanter while having your tank grabbing (and keeping) aggro and making sure you keep everyone's health up can keep you on your toes depending on how you pull. It's a lot more fun that way for myself. If I can play at least 2 I'm happy, Mangler was actually the first TLP I started boxing 3 on and that was only because I was initially dragging my druid around to help PL our twinks ;p
    code-zero likes this.
  9. Machen New Member

P99 is that way.

DPG is a for profit company. They aren't going to do something that is going to hurt their revenue.
    code-zero and Skuz like this.
  10. Truetotheblue Augur

This makes no sense. Krono have to be paid for at one point. There isn't just like a krono mine in game that someone goes and loots these. Someone paid for them at one point, whether it's changed hands one times or 50 times, who knows. But.. no it's not free, Krono is actually a premium priced sub fee in DPG terms.
    code-zero and Skuz like this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No.
    code-zero and KimchiGoddess like this.
  12. DingleB New Member

No matter how much you want it... will never happen.

Krono is coded through every Darkpaw game. Pretty sure your krono here can be accessed in EQ2 and such on the same account.

They can't just "turn it off" for one server.
  13. Arog Augur

I believe what is happening is as follows:

New TLP and the krono farmers begin farming plat and gear to sell for krono. Joe Blow who works and if he lives on the west coast can't get into TLP for the first week because of queues. When he finally can get in he is so far behind and has more money than time so he sees a 3rd party website selling Kronos cheaper than DPG. He buys 10 of them and gives them to the farmers for gear he doesn't have time or ability to out DPS the farmers for. The Krono farmers recycling the same krono back to 3rd party website for the next sale. Along comes John Doe and he buys the next set of kronos (basically the same ones from before) and repeats the process.

The only way I see to break this toxic chain is to stop buying krono from 3rd party website and pay full price from DPG. But who am I kidding, no one is going to do that lol
  14. Arog Augur

I believe what is happening is as follows:

New TLP and the krono farmers begin farming plat and gear to sell for krono. Joe Blow who works and if he lives on the west coast can't get into TLP for the first week because of queues. When he finally can get in he is so far behind and has more money than time so he sees a 3rd party website selling Kronos cheaper than DPG. He buys 10 of them and gives them to the farmers for gear he doesn't have time or ability to out DPS the farmers for. The Krono farmers recycling the same krono back to 3rd party website for the next sale. Along comes John Doe and he buys the next set of kronos (basically the same ones from before) and repeats the process.

The only way I see to break this toxic chain is to stop buying krono from 3rd party website and pay full price from DPG. But who am I kidding, no one is going to do that lol
  15. Manafasto Augur

I would love that with FV loot rules. Would be a great server or do something similar to AARPG random good loots dropping. That way we play to have fun with our class we choose and not what best fits a box group.
  16. Terses Half Elf Warrior of Tarew Marr

I'd rather a server where all dropped items are no-drop, allow trade-ability for crafted and summoned items only, and has a permanent rare spawn increased rate.
    Manafasto likes this.
  17. Kiaro Augur

Right, however, I don't pay $ for my subs, I roll loot into krono, and *GASP* consume the krono for 30days of playtime. There are some whales out there that pay Darkpaw for their kronos, because they want plat, and don't want to get banned from buying on a 3rd party site, so new kronos enter the system regularly.
    That is what I meant by "might as well be" its not an extreme challenge if you're on the ground floor of a server to establish yourself well enough to get loot and trade for kronos, no matter what class your playing (I main a warrior and have a druid box on aradune)
  18. Tucoh Augur

I want a TLP server with
    1. Everything is No Drop, get rekt.
    2. Everything has double HP, get rekt. Doesn't impact charmed mobs, get double rekt.
    3. Everything does double damage, get rekt. Doesn't impact charmed mobs, get double rekt.

4. Snare/fear/root/mez/charm/lull has less efficacy, get rekt.
    yerm likes this.
  19. nagash101 Augur

one toon per human would be super boring unless you are playing certain classes/roles that are more engaging. I think that limiting it to one person boxing an entire raid or 6+ characters is more then enough.
  20. Truetotheblue Augur

This still misses the point. There. Is. No. In. Game. Way. To. Get. Kronos.

The 3rd party sites selling Kronos still were purchased from DPG at one point or another. Whether that was by the person selling them or not. If he bought them via 3rd party for 5$ the value for DPG is the same is if he bought them directly. Is the value to the player the same? No. To DPG? Yes.
  21. Truetotheblue Augur

Yes, I understand this as I pay for my sub in Kronos and I farm them on my own for that purpose. It's extremely easy on TLP and I'd agree with that, but I've also encountered plenty of people who don't get into this as well. I just think saying it's F2P is misleading. It might be free to you individually but there's still a cost associated whether that's coming out of your bank account or not is more how I view it. WoW for example has the token in that game as well, but no one utilizing it really thinks it's F2P.