Mangler GoD break

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sumguy007, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Sumguy007 New Member

I was hopefully optimistic. But of course I was an idiot. Mangler is a total disaster with 10 min zone times if you're lucky and repeated D/C...Seriously .....How many times to you have to repeat the same event and yet cannot get it right?..
    Zwifter likes this.
  2. Nagog New Member

When can you fix this ? Come on ! The server has been offline for 30 mins already , Don't tell me it will last a DAY !
    Zwifter likes this.
  3. Xhartor Augur

I thought Mangler was a dead wasteland since Aradune opened.
  4. taliefer Augur

its pretty bad. i wonder if they used mangler for scrap parts on the aradune upgrade
  5. Virconia New Member

Hell even a queue to login would be nice. Ive spent the last 45 mins getting timeouts and kicked by to server select screen.
  6. Masraik New Member

This is absolutely unacceptable that after all these progression servers, we are still failing at every single roll-out or update.

Every... single... time...

Its time to invest in proper servers with better load balancing if you're going to continue charging a monthly fee at the current rate. This should be easily done and automatic at this point. No excuses.
    Cantari likes this.
  7. Ayoheee Augur

Xhartor likes this.
  8. Masraik New Member

If it takes more then a few hours, I think there will be a bit of an exodus.
  9. Virconia New Member

Login, wait 10 mins at loading screen. Get to character select screen, enter world, wait 10 mins. Server not responding. Try to login again 10 mins, then character in world, removing char please wait 10 mins. Rinse and repeat.....
  10. Masraik New Member

In all fairness, its kind of on us... We keep paying our subscription fees and buying DBC and krono. Problem is, DBG is cheap and instead of taking the message in and improving, would just /quit Everquest.

Boycotting would be a double edged sword, more then likely. But somehow the message has to get through.
  11. Troutfest Augur

I don't understand how GoD opening is this bad? It wasn't on selos from what i remember, sure it took a few hours to update all the merchants but nothing like the server slowdown I'm seeing now.
  12. Gildain New Member

This is what most are experiencing.

If it would improve the gameplay and roll out, I doubt many would mind if the servers were just brought down at the beginning. This is ridiculous! Every time an expansion is rolled out, many say "I am not even going to log on tomorrow because the serves will be fubar."

Sure enough, you proved them right again.
  13. Virconia New Member

If they'd just say hey server will be down for 2 hours while we drop GoD, it wouldn't be as bad. This sort of working crap isnt.
  14. eqmangler2020 New Member

FIXXXXX THIS ..... SERIOUSSSSSLLLLYYYYY
  15. eqmangler2020 New Member

if u guys would stop trying to LOG IN MULTIPLE fricken accounts , stick to one , let everyone in beforre getting ur 20 computers all in at once too
  16. Relentless Insomnia

Reboot the server.
    johntherob likes this.
  17. Krizem Augur

Not sure how we keep falling into the same trap...but it's been 90 min now. I think it's time we get the "We are investigating a potential issue with the Mangler server" message.
  18. Nerro New Member

its the shared DB
  19. Troutfest Augur

...and you get a disconnect, and you get a disconnect and < You have been disconnected from the server >
  20. Masraik New Member

This isn't a boxer issue as much as I like to blame them. Its a load balancing server issue and DBG not spending what is only a small investment to fix for good. Server/game population isn't high enough for boxes to do much more then crash a zone, which still circles back to the "cheap" issue. They don't want to invest any more money into Everquest. Just sucking every dime they can out of it until people get fed up.

Blizzard, as much as I criticize them and as much as they fail, have at least made the proper investments to fix these issues and even rebuilt from the ground up when necessary. They fail, but differently and in new ways each expansion. We have the same issue over and over.

This is either a financial issue or a competence issue.