Is Aradune the only server getting maintenance today

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pharone, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Pharone Elder

The server downtime post on the forums said all servers would be coming down for maintenance, but the only server down right now is Aradune.

So, is this a normal maintenance or just a special maintenance just for Aradune?

If it's just for Aradune, is it really going to take 6 hours like the post said, or will it be short?

Just curious.
  2. Ic0n New Member

It is just for Aradune. Why they decided to do it right 'after' the bonus exp start, is beyond baffling.
    Why not yesterday?
    Why not Zoidberg?
  3. KimchiGoddess Augur

Looks like just Aradune based on the message:

Status: 7/1/2020 5:59 PDT - Aradune is currently down for scheduled maintenance.
  4. TLPman Augur

Where does it show a post about this update for aradune maybe I'm just blind but I don't see one anywhere with how long the down time was going to be
  5. KimchiGoddess Augur

TLPman likes this.
  6. DingleB New Member

7. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

(something toxic about reading comprehension goes here)
    Nennius likes this.
  8. Captain Video Augur

People beg and beg and beg for a hardware upgrade, and then complain when a hardware upgrade actually happens. I'm sure the service tech who came in to do the actual upgrade purposefully juggled his/her busy schedule just to make sure this customer had to schedule downtime right at the beginning of a bonus XP window.
  9. Tucoh Augur

I heard that the server performance crossed a quality threshold over the last week and now they've decided they can save some money by moving Aradune off of dedicated hardware and to instead share the hardware with the krono farming bots DPG runs on Antonious Bayle.
    Dythan and Pumpernickel like this.
  10. Machen New Member

How does this even work, in theory?

If DPG wants more krono, they can just make more krono. If they want gear to sell to people so people will buy krono, they could just make that too. I can't see any reason a company would ever have to run bots to farm their own game... How would they possibly profit from such a thing?

Now individual DPG staff members doing things on their own because they aren't allowed to make krono out of thin air, maybe. But the company on behalf of the company? Nah, I don't see it.
    Plemzo and Tucoh like this.
  11. RilerDevour New Member

This is the only company incompetent enough to perform server maintenance on their most populated server on the same day 2 expansions are opening up on 2 other servers.

It’s almost like they want as many potential problems to hit all at once as a way to troll everyone, because I find it hard to believe anyone could be this dumb on accident.
    Pharone likes this.
  12. Aneuren Tempered Steel

We'll see ;)
  13. Xeris Augur

Hmm... Lol. Instead of running a bot to farm Kronos, they could just... Grant themselves krono.
  14. Troutfest Augur

Its not about farming them for themselves, its about keeping others from farming them...
    3rdblindMouse likes this.
  15. Tucoh Augur

Come on, think it through, how would they get the sub $$$ from their bot subs??
  16. Sithil Elder

Congrats on "upgrading" and breaking the server AGAIN that had been mostly stable the past 2 weeks.
  17. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Don’t you dare emotionally handle this like a rational adult!!! That is NOT what ForumQuest is all about! That’s not how ANY of this works!!
    PeterPansicle likes this.