Amazing to see Snowbound armor become worthless

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galliana, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL, as usual, I'm out of touch and behind the curve. No idea who they are. But there is plenty of Snowbound up for reasonable prices right now.
  2. Fian Augur

Btw, prices are cheap in Tunare too for snowbound (many sub 5k). Not sure why people are saying they are expensive.

All in all, snowbound being cheap is a good thing. It allow people to catch up without spending a lot of money a new char wouldn't have. Current progression is probably conflagrant armor at 106 (expensive) to snowbound at 110.
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

There is a big problem with the armor... They all take a material to combine...

You should have to component the item once per slow. So if you have a T1 piece you should be able to put it into a t2 container and hit combine.

Unfortunately this is usually the case. T1 is often a plat sink. The people who need the armor the most have to buy it twice, which is probably contrary to the people who can afford to buy it twice.

I think the easiest way to implement this, to avoid the tradeskill combines, would be to have a quest where if you turn in complete T1 armor they quest giver will give you a component back to make the next rank. Making the component no trade would ensure each toon has to buy 7 of them, but not 14.
  4. Tucoh Augur

There should be two tiers of group gear:

T1: Easy/cheap to get, attunable
    T2: Hard and/or expensive, not attunable
    (and then chase/ultra-rares if you count them as a tier)

In TBL the T3 gear was a pretty long grind since the lamps were fairly rare. I built up a full set of it for my warrior over months and then watched as GMM came out handing out equivalent gear like candy, haha.

I'm not a big fan of the top tier group gear all being crafted, but I think some of it should be crafted. With so many reasons to level tradeskills these days the crafted nature of gear is kind of diluted. You're generally not integrating with the community to find someone who can do a combine for you, you're just using your main who has 300+ tradeskills already.
  5. Tucoh Augur

I'm still waiting for Luck fusing to become the Korean-style plat sink it was born to be. Just need to make luck a valuable stat (right now it's barely noticeable), make it trivial to improve if you've got the plat for it and have exponentially decreasing odds of successful combines with the higher levels risking item destruction/reset.
    Vumad likes this.
  6. Schadenfreude Augur

Great Divide is more forgiving of old school boxers, have you tried it?
    Nadisia and minimind like this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No, I look every day. And I don't usually play during prime time so I would assume I see the cream of the crop. Didn't you agree it was over priced on Tunare? Now its starting to go down but not at 1-2K a piece yet like other servers.

But its nice people read the forums and lowered prices. Checked right now and there is a 1500 wrist up for sale.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I agreed that things in general are always more expensive on Tunare compared to what people mention on the forums for their servers. So my first response was assuming this was also true for Snowbound, even though I'd never priced it.

After that, I logged in, and reported what I saw. That doesn't seem all that expensive to me, even for a scrub (which I am).
  9. minimind The Village Idiot

I'm not even trying to sell the Snowbound gear I've accumulated. I have alts I want to deck out when they get high enough level.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I very much prefer the tradeskill being the low end of the market and used as a catch up, than as the best of the best, as it was in RoS.

That said I'd like to see a return of how the tiers of gear was done in House of Thule where your T2/3 could be upgraded to the next tier without having to purchase the expansive part either by using the prievous tiers item or by creating a template.

And with costs going up chests & NPCs should drop more PP.
    Vumad likes this.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

I agree. T2/T3 gear should require either the reagent OR the previous tier armor in that slot. The idea that having the armor tiers be plat sinks to remove plat out of the economy is laughable at this point.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

ToV is a gear reset. Brace yourselves for MASSIVE MUDflation in the next expansion.
    Vumad likes this.
  13. Nadisia Augur

As Shadenfreude said, you should try the Great Divide mission (Restless Assault), it's way more forgiving, and somewhat easier , it's like the old GD ring event, successive waves of nameds and wolves with plenty of time, and not a stupid dps rush.
    The hardest named is not the last one imho (Narandi), but the before last : Huntmaster Grondo, as he pops 12 wolves around him pretty fast.
    If you can't AE mezz, or burn the named and evac, it's pretty tough (for T1 group geared tanks btw, if you're T3, or better, raid geared, it's way easier)

Even the Kael one is maybe easier than EW one.
    Mobs do hit harder, and you'll need to manage the mercs correctly and dps the avatar slowly or you'll be swarmed by giants and axes, but it's manageable with practice.
    The duck mechanic is pretty easy with triggers (GINA, or equivalent, helps a lot), and you have almost 10 sec to duck after each emote.

The other 2, EW (Griklor) and the Velketor one, are more or less DPS checks, at least for boxers.

Velketor : if you're raid geared or boxing a group with silly DPS (basically, a zerker machine gun team with a bard), it's easy : bruteforce the event, and just burn the 3 nameds, fast.
    But if you're boxing with lower dps, it'll be WAY harder if you have to deal with the mission mechanics.
    The Velketor one is not that easy for boxers, and it's even worse with only 3 boxes + mercs.

And the Griklor one, well, I'm not really a fan of its design, I find it pretty stupid lol :p
    Run mindlessly in circles, and burn Griklor when it drops down.
    If you don't burn hard enough, or if you have bad RNG with the aura spot from the coldain when Griklor casts his nasty AE Dot (and it happens a lot, the coldain can troll you hard and put her aura camp on the other side of the fort :D ) ... it can be a pain in the rear.

Long story short : if you're not in a rush, try the Great Divide mission (Restless Assault), the XP is pretty good (and you can also clear the wurms in the caves, for an extra collection, and some pelts for crafting), and you'll be able to clean it pretty fast.
    It's a decent source of ores (both types, crystallized for T3 armor, and crystallized precious for the earring quest), and you'll get some T1 visibles and non visibles for your alts
  14. Tucoh Augur

I'm good either way and I see the advantage of having T1 being tradeskill gear as a catchup, but when content starts getting old, tradeskill gear gets pretty cumbersome and isn't useful as a catchup mechanism when you can get a "mere" five more levels and wear T1 gear that drops like candy.
  15. Pawtato Augur

T1 gear should be wearable by a level 1. Let us Live folk pass this trash off to some random lowbie that's struggling through the terrible mid-range levels.
    Vumad and Tucoh like this.
  16. smash Augur

If it was me who did the thing I might have made it a bit different.

I would have made the brick heirloom and no drop, and put brick for sale in markedsplace for RL money.
    I would also have made required 110, recommended 111.

Why, it would give them extra income from people who does not owe ToV, and it would for sure have been bigger upgrade for them even at 110.

Then also, I would have increased price for brick in CC, and T2/T3, would have required T1/T2 to make, but no brick. End result is same price but people would be required to spend a bit more time to get best armor.
  17. Muvandog Journeyman

No.

You're doing it wrong.
    Moege likes this.
  18. Nadisia Augur

I'm doing it perfectly right :D
    I know that you need to follow a ground flare, and react to emotes, twice, to make him drop.

But it doesn't change the fact that I find this mission pretty stupid, you run in circles around the fort, following Griklor, back and forth.

I use a different group setup, but the exact same technique : 6 boxing, all characters on follow ... and burn.
    But imho, for OlavSkullcrusher, 3 boxing + 3 mercs is probably harder. (never tried)
  19. Moege Augur

Nope

Do not follow Griklor, you trigger him close to the quest npc, he goes around the fort and nearly at the quest npc he activates the aura you need to be in. If your calculations is correct just stand still he flies over your head you succeed, If not move 10 feet forward/backward stand still he flies overhead and you succeed.

There is no running around following him.

PS. It is silly trying to follow him, autofollow runs you into walls,holes and breaks 90% of the time.
  20. Nadisia Augur

Out of Topic:
    Probably depends on your setup.
    I run at max framerate on all my EQ sessions (or nearly, 60 fps for the foreground window, 45 or 50 for background windows), I don't use Selo's Sonata (Tala'Tak is more than sufficient if you really want a run speed buff, but even with IRS only, it's fine), and I don't have any desync issue nor follow breaks, never.
    Tucoh likes this.