Booters, booters

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Marthos, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Marthos New Member

Has been playing since 2001, i have ToV 6 gold accounts. Since today you have 9 less long standing subscriptions.

You can thank Antonius Bayle Sebilis booters stealing people camps.

M4cr0que2t and all the booters.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

booters.

So, you gave EQ the bot.

LOL

By the way, when DPG emails you the survey about why you are unsubbing, TELL THEM!
    Nennius likes this.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Booters = People who wear or sell boots?

Botters = Players who use bots (short for robots) to cheat.
    Tatanka likes this.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

No no, it's people who put things in the trunks of their cars. In Europe ;)
    Vumad and Fanra like this.
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I thought it was the guy who throws up at the party, way to early in the evening.
    Tatanka likes this.
  6. Buster_Shruggs Augur

I thought he used the term booters, because they booted him out of the zone. Also, the math threw me... He has 15 accounts, 6 remian All Access, HAS unsubbed 9 accounts? OR Has 6 All AAcess and is going to unsubbed those 6(accidently hit 9) accounts?
    Either way, as Tatanka(WWF Native American themed wrestler fan?) suggested, make sure to air your grievance on the survey.
  7. Sobmre Augur

1. people play on Antonius Bayle?
    2. did you really need the 40 slot box that bad ?
    3. can i has your stuffz
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Well, funny story. For many years after starting EQ, I'd get the occasional tell or zone-wide chat making wrestling references. For the record, I had absolutely no clue why. Finally asked someone, and they mentioned the guy you refer to. I had a good laugh.

When I rolled my first char (and still the main char I play), it was a wood elf, and with the bare-chested with a leather vest look, it reminded me of a plains Indian, and since Dances with wolves was a favorite movie of mine, that's how I got the name ;)
    Buster_Shruggs and Zamiam like this.
  9. dreadlord Augur

The bot groups haven't been non-stop in Seblis - I managed two long stints in there last week; rumour had it that said groups had been banned/suspended
    Sounds like they're back :(
    I know a lot of folk have gotten grief/the usual killstealing from them
    (including some toons with very sexually suggestive names harrassing anyone they think may be female, pretty sure someone did manage to get rid of those/get their names changed anyway)

Sorry you're joining the many dozens that are quitting over this; but it's completely understandable. Trying to beat the bot groups isn't fun (unless you have a full group of raid-geared folk, then it's quite amusing)
  10. Schadenfreude Augur

He has (had) subbed 9 accounts, 6 of of which also bought ToV.
    Tatanka likes this.
  11. Buster_Shruggs Augur

Perhaps delighting in the misfortunes of others ;) has given you super math skills! I had to go back and read the OP statement again and I see you're correct.
  12. Ninelder Augur

Tatonka is the Souix word for Buffalo.
  13. Marthos New Member

You can make all the fun you like for spelling errors from non native speakers. Yes, the correct term is botters, thanks Fanra.

I consider this is a serious issue.

Maybe all of you are okay with people running full scripted groups, i'm not.

PS: You can't have my stuff, enjoy your EverBot Game.
    Voktar likes this.
  14. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

new members with dozens of accounts prolly don't has any stuff I want anyways =\.

I want tucoh's stuff instead!
  15. Marthos New Member

I'm not a new member.

I don't have dozens of accounts, your basic math and deduction skills are very lacking.

Don't assume i script bot because i have 6 gold accounts.

Are of you except dreadlord are missing the point and instead are making fun of some serious issues some players we are facing with scripted groups of bots stealing camps.

Some of you even are making fun because my english is lacking, I will not miss you.

PS: I don't have 9 accounts either, again fabled logic and math skills. Some of us have friends that are leaving the game.

Yeah, we have petitioned too, nothing works. Legit people left the game, botters remains, enjoy.