Amazing to see Snowbound armor become worthless

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galliana, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Galliana Elder

I have pieces on my mule as low as 2k and they don't move. Heck I'm letting everything but BPs rot now. Has an armor ever lost its value so fast?
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

I gave away dozens of sets of 8 pieces in the first month or so (Brekt, where no one was really killing the nameds early on besides me). After that I just saved a few sets in case someone asked, and then let the rest rot for the remainder of the time.

It is nice enough armor for characters to catch up, but there were two glaring issues. First, it was recommended level 115, so the stats were neutered until then anyways. Second, it is expensive enough to do the combine that most folks just waited for T2/T3 armor. I myself went from TBL T3 straight to ToV T3, since I could just make everything I needed.
  3. Schadenfreude Augur

The botters on FV have reduced the price of pieces to less than a Blue Diamond.
  4. Zamiam Augur

I'm actually glad to have a T1 set of gear that costs me less than 75k to get a whole set of visibles finally .. ive spent in upwards of 1mil pp for a full set of visibles before.. glad to have an expansion that is a bit easier on the ole coin pouch.
  5. Moege Augur

Have to run the missions to get currency for the augs and with that comes 2 pieces of t1/t2 gear each time, so I doubt it is just the botters.
  6. Schadenfreude Augur

When the same trader also has 700 Kromrif Belt Buckles for sale it tends to strongly suggest 24/7 botting of a single named spot.
  7. Nadisia Augur

Yep, in that case, it's obviously suspect :p

But Moege is right, Snowbound is super common, 1 or 2 pieces per named, and the same for every mission, and easy nameds + some relatively easy missions (even super easy for high end characters and raiders).

Even during the 1st month after ToV release, the snowbound visibles were already super cheap (around 10-15k, even less).
    So 2k currently is not really surprising.

The non visibles still sell decently, and from time to time, it's maybe not that bad to have some cheap sets, just to catch up.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Apparently this is on every server but Tunare. All ours is 50k a piece.
  9. Tucoh Augur

I remember thinking I'd be rich after seeing T1 was tradeable. Price dropped into the dirt almost immediately.

Wasn't helped by the large # of guaranteed named spawns that people would farm 24/7.
    svann and Moege like this.
  10. Stephen51 Augur

Gone are the days when you got T1 armour as a stepping stone to T2. Each are now separate and quite costly, and why go T1 route when you can go T2, or tradeskill routes.

Now if there was a less costly way to upgrade T1 to T2, maybe they would have been used more.
  11. Moege Augur

Sheesh I forgot about that. That really did not help at all !
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

A lot of people in my guild has been farming missions in tov for currency, and donated the tradeable loot to the guildbank, once their alts were decked out...

DPG emphasized mission-grinding in tov, thats why...

Handy for our fresh recruits though...:)
    IblisTheMage and Moege like this.
  13. Symbius Augur

It costs too damn much to go form TBL to T1, then T2 then T3. Everything is doable just fine by waiting and going from TBL straight to T3.

All of that stuff was worthless on arrival. Bad game design at its finest.
    Coagagin and Fanra like this.
  14. Moege Augur

That is not even suspicious to me, evolving the earring netted me 1000's of a collection to the point where I was destroying stacks of collections.

I know the afk botter you are referring to and yeah disappointment is my reaction there.
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

This has been true for years. I'll see comments about something cheap, and look it up in game, and it ain't cheap.

I take this as good news, in a way. Maybe we have less botters?
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

Snowbound armor is basically an apology from Daybreak to casual/group players for the dumpster fire that was TBL and how progression/gear was handled. It gives people a fairly simple path to "catch up" to current gear. Going from Conflagrant to Snowboud, is a huge upgrade.
    svann and Zamiam like this.
  17. Zamiam Augur

ya I didnt buy TBL right out of the gate .. Like I've said in previous post I usually wait a year or 2 before I buy the expansion , well when I got TBL most peeps had gone thru it and it took me awhile just to get 2 of my toons thru the trials and that was with some casual guild help .

think I only was able to get a few pieces of gear from TBL definitely not enough to equip my main toon I had to do that thru GMM runs for offslot items, but i was still wearing conflag for my visibles mostly .

It was nice that even though I did not own ToV I was able to purchase the snowbound gear and make the items .. I had a friend purchase the bricks needed from the ToV merchant and I paid him for the base price of them . then I combined them and got my ToV T1 gear...

I don't expect all expansions to be like that , but it was nice of the devs to let us have one this round .. so thanks for that ..
  18. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

I didn't get TBL until the ToV pre-order, so I've basically skipped that expansion. However, I did get just about everything from GMM on my main 3-box team (non-visible). The T1 non-visible gear from ToV is basically about the same as that, or slightly better, but it also is missing Luck.

My problem, as someone that 3-boxes without any extra software, is the missions. I've failed Griklor almost 10 times without a win because I don't have the dps to take him down before the adds pile up and/or I have trouble keeping whoever gets called out in the right spot to get him off the bird. It seems odd that the ores for the T3 crafted gear drop from T1 named (occasionally?) and from mission chests. I'm not sure I get that.
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I actually just logged in and looked (had never looked before, don't have ToV). There is plenty of cheap Snowbound available in the Bazaar on Tunare. A dozen or two in the 5K region, a couple dozen more ranging up to 20K.

@CatsPaws, have you just not looked in a while? Also, if you only look during prime time, MANY people take their traders offline to play. I just checked at 11:30am CST, if that's any help.
  20. YellowBelly Augur

Tunare has two well known people that corner the market on every possible item in the Baz. It's not that we have a shortage, it's that items are purchased cheap and sold at a set price by them. You folks on Tunare know who I'm talking about.