Sorry, Aradune is a failed joke.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hythos, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Hythos Augur

To ask the question "but why does it matter if people are running 6-box groups or are AFK auto-camping", furthers the argument that Aradune is a failure.

Archmage, Frenzy, Efreeti, Assassin/Supplier, and other various areas, are constantly "camped" by box groups and bots.
    Currently there's a nec/druid duo afk & automated at the frenzy. An alternate pick had two other nec's from that same player.

Lavastorm alt-picks will regularly have box groups auto-exp'ing using mages/nec's.

I could go on all day; I will recognize that they have actually taken some action at making several (2 6-box groups and one solo char out of nearly 200 characters I've reported) AFK-automated characters go off-line...
    but the bottom line is that DBG/DPaw is either powerless to enforce, or is supporting the behavior because this server is doing nothing but prove they have no integrity to reinforce the "two box" and/or no-automation rules.
    Pharone and KimchiGoddess like this.
  2. Protocol Dragon Defender

I am all for stopping bots but if you have almost 200 reported already I bet GMs just see your name on a petition and file it in the trash bin since you’ve no doubt already produced so many false positives.
  3. Imukai Augur

Sorry, if you have taken it upon yourself to file reports 200+ times in this game, your dedication to finger-pointing should be redirected to a charity or something in your non-pixellated life that benefits people.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

The lack of threads about people being wrongly banned for boxing is disconcerting. I haven't even come across anyone saying they've been "tested" for boxing.

Low hanging fruit is... the gm hasn't been introduced because s/he is as real as a Pantheon launch date.
    Pharone, Thewiz and KimchiGoddess like this.
  5. Xeris Augur

Oh for sure. There's literally NOTHING preventing me from firing up 6 boxes on Aradune... I mean I don't have 6 computers, but I have 3 and I was able to log on a 3rd character.

I will say that customer support has been responsive, I've filed 2 petitions for various reasons and got responses within 24 hours each time. I havent reported any players yet though.

I am curious how op knows that these people are automating gameplay or that the necros in diff pics are the same user.
  6. Pumpernickel Lorekeeper

I just wish they would remove the disclaimer you have to click every time you log in. It's obvious they allow and don't care about more than 2 boxing but having to click that window over and over is super annoying.
    Mezrah and Tucoh like this.
  7. Honkietonk Lorekeeper

dude i have friends who have been running 3 or more, they're not using a vpn or anything, just blatantly breaking the rules, nothing happens. no need to be surprised that dbg has dropped the ball completely on enforcement of the few rules they laid down. there's AFK necro bots farming everything of value as usual, and people pretty obviously running full groups of themselves. Best case scenario if we complain enough, they claim they banned some accounts and then go back to radio silence for another 6 weeks.
  8. Ruination Elder

out dps them
  9. Tucoh Augur

How do you know the nec/dru duo are the same as the 2x necs in the other pick?
  10. Arrk Augur

It is the obvious play.... People who abusing multibox on other servers... are still abusing multiboxing on this server either blatantly boxing 6+ at the same time and location.... or boxing 6+ char in different picks or different locations in the game...

I have seen and heard them talk about it in various discords.

The truth is DPG has little to no power to do anything about it, and even if they do ban accounts, the KR is already gone from those accounts and the person is starting up a new account....
  11. Tucoh Augur

Would be interesting if DPG put out a "TLP Expansion" on a new TLP server with a $35 buy in. The expansion would have a modest set of features to improve the TLP experience, but the buy in would create a barrier that would make bans more expensive.
  12. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

Aradune is proof that no matter how few people there actually are out there abusing multi-box rules, that people will take the forums and complain about nothing being done about it.

The reality is, the box enforcement on Aradune has been a success. The amount of people breaking the boxing rules relative to prior tlp's is insanely low. I rarely see it and I play pretty much all day every day. Like I told people before the server launched, who cares if there are a minority amount of people who get away with 3 or 4 boxing, the fact that you don't see 12-18-24 man bot armies running around like you did on prior tlp's is good enough.

Just because you saw 1, or 2, or even 5 people that you THINK are boxing more than 2 toons and that you THINK are being automated, doesn't mean they aren't enforcing anything. I know a lot of people who tried testing the waters with the 2 box limit and the majority of them have been caught pretty quickly.
    Tucoh and Skuz like this.
  13. Ronluwen Elder

I actually agree with this. I think I've seen a total of 3 6 boxing groups. Which is actually nothing. Every now and then I see something that I think might be 3+ but it's fairly rare. I haven't seen any 12 boxers locking down camps for hours at a time. I have yet to wait more than 30 minutes to find a spot to camp.
    Mashef and Skuz like this.
  14. Hythos Augur

I can't divulge my sources.
    However, it is obvious, and delightedly enjoyable.

Also:
    This is partially correct.
    They are scattering their normal "6-bot teams" to 2-bot teams for farming, and once a week run DZ's with their 72-box army which is why you'll see: "soandsothatsanonymousandwhoyouveneverseennorheardof has defeated Cazic- Thule"
    I mean, I would expect that someone from "the top guild on the server" would be concerned that there's a better guild, made solely of bots.

** Edit - except there are still regular 6-box teams working in the wild... Like right now in Guk!
    HoodenShuklak and Dexxeaa00 like this.
  15. Kiaro Augur

Its true, I've been able to camp Efreeti more than 0 times, like on Lockjaw, and Phinigel, and Agnarr, and Mangler. Infact I haven't seen a "bot pair" parked there more than twice.
  16. Dracoko New Member

someone complaining about two necros taking a camp, is this even EQ? Get a group and push em out!
  17. Xeris Augur

Yep, this is right. The enforcement is actually doing SOMETHING. If anyone was under the impression that there'd be some software solution literally stopping you from boxing, or that thered be some GMs sitting in every popular zone enforcing the rules, you were deluding yourselves.

There aren't big glaring mass box armies running around, and they've been catching botters... There are obviously people breaking rules, but much less so than on other TLPs. It's been a success thus far.

And like others have said-- on prior TLP you'd see 6 box necros at efreeti and you couldn't KS them.. on Aradune that 6 box necros is trying to 2 box in 3 different picks, which makes them much less potent. Much easier as a group of 6 to muscle a 2box necro out of a camp you want. If your group is unable to do that, sucks for you
  18. Endacer Augur

I'm sure you have run into many boters and afk campers you've reported, just as everyone else has. Reporting 200 characters tho? It's people like you, reporting everything that moves, that are getting so many people banned for nothing. I had a guildy today that got a 7 day suspension for going to the bathroom. He was in najena, camping his epic items, had to use the bathroom, so he backed into a corner. He was alone, not attacking anything, no aggro, comes back after 10 minutes, as soon as he moves, his pet despawns, and hes booted from the game (GM obviously). Tries to reconnect to find he's suspended. He was talking to us right before he afk'ed, as well as his freaking out right after. People like you, reporting everyone you see, are getting perfectly innocent people banned right along with the people breaking the rules.
  19. Endacer Augur

People like this Karen, make me afraid to even group with another mage.
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  20. Protagonist Tank

Did you petition it?