Developers going to do anything about the 24-7 afk bots in SoL A?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jeggred Baenre, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Xeris Augur

Cuz the financial stakeholders of everquest give a about some afk bot in Sola, lol. Did EQ make money this quarter? Probably. Great, that's what matters to them
  2. Endacer Augur

I have sent in multiple screenshot and video proof of these exact boters four times so far. The major one has 6 mages they keep there, usually split between picks, but sometimes all in the same pick. All their mages are mostly naked with a few random cloth pieces. They have a seventh mage that comes and goes delivering shield/bp's to their tunnel trader. I even have proof of their tunnel trader as well, which makes it at least 8 boxing. I have sent in video proof of them using 3rd party programs, yes they are using pet attack macros, but every single mage does it simultaneously. For the coordination to be that exact for when every single pet attacks, it goes past even an auto clicker program, and proves "illegal 3rd party program" use. The last report I sent in was a clip, 14 screenshots, as well as abundant other proof. This is the EXACT type of person this servers rules were created for, and one of the major reasons we supposedly have a GM presence, yet they refuse to do anything about the most blatant boxing boter I have seen on this server so far.
  3. Tucoh Augur

What's funny about this situation is that people are only allowed to post unsubstantiated information here. If you substantiate it, DPG will ban you.

DPG has rules against cheaters and has rules against publicly outing cheaters, but only enforces the latter. Shame.
    ECrack, Xanathol, Imyur and 4 others like this.
  4. Stune Augur

I haven't been on the forums much lately, but its true. The purpose of these servers is to have a healthy population that continue to pay, and play the game as the way its intended. Now that we see there is a ton of 3 to 4+ boxers out there just makes you ticked off that the main purpose is to krono farm all the available camps. Geez, almost makes you wonder if it will get any better. The funny thing is i bet many of these accounts are tied to the top end players, or maybe not and if they are you can never say anything in the forums to warn other players.
  5. Zanarnar Augur

Couldn't have said it better myself. I think at this point if your going to play on DPG's servers, you have to accept the cheaters. I have no numbers to back this up, but my gut feeling is that 50% or more of their revenue is coming from accounts they know are breaking the rules. I believe the cheaters are in the majority now and to stop them.. well you've heard of this, right :) Its simply too late now.
    Seor likes this.
  6. Moforyguy Elder

How does anyone have to pay their monthly subs? I am still only level 40 and have 3 krono. Krono farmers aren't paying anything to play at all. They just banking.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Nice knowing you, might want to drain that 3 foot deep pool in your backyard.
  8. Jeggred Baenre New Member

So innocent im afraid to respond...

Im talking about using [two letters] to auto target the mob through walls using the built in tracking the second it pops, having the pet pull the mob within range and the character targeting and nuking it down, auto looting while you are at work.

^
  9. Gnothappening Augur

Whether you pay for a sub or eat a krono, you are still paying DPG.
  10. code-zero Augur

So, you really don't have a clue as to how game mechanics works do you?

If you have a pet you hotkey pet attack with the partial name of the mob to be taken and you spam it.

That's all there is to it, no need for anything else. Of course this can be done /afk if someone is so inclined using a programmable keyboard or even one of those dipping birds though I don't think anyone really uses the dipping birds.
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  11. Endacer Augur

A guildy of mine just got a 7 day suspension for AFKing in Najena for 10 minutes to use the bathroom, yet they completely ignore the worst person on the server breaking their rules, simply because it's 8+ accounts they'd lose. This is seriously getting out of hand. These "GMs" we have jump at the smallest infractions, and instantly hand out 7 day bans, yet ignore the serious offenders.
    Haze likes this.
  12. code-zero Augur

They don't ignore them, they talk to them and find that there's someone there who will reply. Unlike your guildy who "went to the bathroom"
  13. Endacer Augur

Find that there's someone there, at the 8 account boxer (against server rules) who is blatantly using "unmentionable 3rd party program" (against game rules) and don't do anything?
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

What were his characters doing while he was AFK?
  15. JeffHanson Augur

Yes, luckily their automation scripts include the ability to respond to a /tell or /say nearby.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  16. Endacer Augur

He was AFK in a corner, not attacking anything. As soon as he moved, his pet despawned, and he was disconnected about 10 seconds later (GM intervenetion on both obviously). Upon trying to log back in, he was suspended.

Edit: It's also a single character, not characters, and no his pet wasn't attacking either. He litterally afk'ed for 10 minutes, without aggro, to go to the bathroom, came back, and got suspended.
  17. Judgementand New Member

Yup, there are loads of Necros and Mages that sit afk in specific camps literally 24x7 in multiple picks that do it. The other day there were 4 Necros and a Cleric in Efreeti room not responding to anything, but literally at exactly the same time would stand up, cast, wait till the mob was dead, then sit down. Literally exactly the same time.

The same setup in 2 different picks doing the same thing, all wearing starter cloth armor. Reported...and nothing.

And ya, also in the guild with the guy that went AFK and got suspended for a week. He was literally chatting with us before and after going to the bathroom.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

Harsh.
  19. Ishbu Augur

Somehow the 24/7 bot issue is worse on Aradune than previous TLPs. More camps taken in 100% of picks by the same bot group than I can remember.

Personally I know far more people who have quit due to frustration/boredom caused by this than did over the queue issues, but there is absolutely no reason to believe they will ever do anything about this.

I say make a new account and just train them. Those botters arent going to to get you banned and if they do, its a throw away account. At least get some fun out of it
  20. Xeris Augur

You know what would be good... If people used reddit to post all the videos of people cheating, and then everyone can mass report. Will be easier to get dbgs attention, also the community can do its own policing this way.

I don't know why nobody has done this yet. Everyone's like 'ya I totally recorded this' but I bet 9/10 times they didn't