Quest Text or Skip

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pawtato, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Iblis, now I know who to blame when the next expansion gives random quest givers the ability to death touch if you don't read the entire text and follow every instruction. :)

Actually, in game there is an NPC where if you just hail them your faction goes down. The NPC says, "I liked you better when you were silent.". <Your faction with xyz has decreased>

So, I'm thinking this is the next step.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

How cool! Where is this?

I remember when EQ2 was just about to launch, there was a comic (GUcomics?) which was tongue-in-cheek speculating on what neat new features and technologies would be present in the game, and how that would affect the players. Who were shown running around, just hailing everything in sight ;)
  3. Nniki Augur

Supposedly Tazgar in Temple of Solusek Ro, but I tested it just now on an alt and all I saw was this:

You say, 'Hail, Tazgar'
    Your faction standing with Temple of Solusek Ro has been adjusted by -50.

There are a few comments on the ZAM page suggesting he had a text response to that effect. I never hailed him back in the day because I had been warned beforehand by friends not to talk to him due to the faction hit hehe.

If you hail him after completing the Investigate a Disappearance quest, he will respond with:

You say, 'Hail, Tazgar'
    Tazgar says, 'Welcome, my friend. It is good to see you in our temple again. Please make yourself at home.'

[IMG]
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Hehe, good comic :)
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Really sorry to hear that. Only knew him through his Allakhazam comments/submissions when I was doing some volunteer admin work but recognized the name immediately as he was one of the few posters I didn't feel I had to double check the submitted info.
    Celephane likes this.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I've been close. I did it in ToV, sorta :) If you hadn't been following along the quest, one of the quest mobs might Death touch you if you say the wrong thing. And if you did that step right, if you hadn't done another step right (implied by the quest and what had been said continuously in the whole line) he would summon the whole zone onto you.
    Nennius, IblisTheMage and Tatanka like this.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

If at all possible, include the word queue if you do that again. I would enjoy that.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The problem with having the info in the chat from the NPC is often players pick up the quest and don't finish it before logging of, or it scrolls off their chat box before they get it finished.

I tend to read the quest steps, if I'm uncertain I read the rest of the info for the quest in the quest window, most times it tells me what I need to know.

Last expansion one of the quests I banned my group from looking at EQ sites and made them read the quest! Random quest steps, got to love them. Lol
  9. Schadenfreude Augur

I also hadn't heard about this. He put a ton of work in putting information online for others over many years.
  10. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Ooo, I want to see this, lol