Mage armies and DPS racing Aradune.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zanmarz, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Zanmarz New Member

I play a SHM DRU. The current rule set allowing DPS racing and not enforcing KS and/or camps cause us to lose our gear the majority of the time to 2 mage boxes. I've lost 3 RL friends in the Everquest world because they got tired of it.

Go to the Charred Guardian Shield camp. Last time there was 10 mages afk there. We need a permanent solution to this problem. Enforce KSing on non raid targets!
  2. Zanmarz New Member

At this point I would support something as drastic as make all gear No Trade.
    TrollMan likes this.
  3. Kiaro Augur

Gonna break it to ya, the same dudes beating you in DPS race are the guys that can target mobs before they enter the world.
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

CGS is valuable, easy, and an extremely well known cash farm camp in classic. Bring some friends to out DPS them is your permanent solution.
  5. Trizek Augur

If you play a Dru/Sham you should be able to win DPS races fairly easy.

Load the mobs up with Dots. Landing a dot will count its full damage done on the first cast, Necros and Shamans are the kings of DPS racing for this reason.
    Pumpernickel and Tucoh like this.
  6. Tucoh Augur

In TLP, DPS races for contested gear is part of the game. Either ruck up and bring more heat or focus on areas with less contested drops. Kunark will be out soon enough and when it is this area won't be nearly as farmed.
  7. Zansobar Augur

It will only take you a few hours of farming plat to buy yourself a CGS, why not try that route?
  8. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Wrong
  9. xxar Augur

That is not a solution , that just reinforces what there doing even more.
    Mezrah and KimchiGoddess like this.
  10. Aegir Augur

Just make CGS and GEBs Lore and it would be much less desireable to afk-farm.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. code-zero Augur

DPS wins is the rule. That's the way the game mechanics were created and they've not changed in 21 years.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

It's been mentioned a lot, and I like to re-iterate it, if you want to avoid the worst toxicity in early EQ then just straight up avoid high krono camps.

SolA charred shield is one of the absolute worst. Even on Agnarr during launch I saw warping at this camp and hacking/botting was not nearly as rampant as it is today.
  13. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Yeah! Also if you dispel your own dots and then recast them again, you get double credit! Mage armies HATE this one WEIRD trick! Click this giant pop-up ad to subscribe to DPS RACE NEWS for FREE ($89.99 per day after 1 day free trial ends)
    Loze, Nickatropolis, Imukai and 2 others like this.
  14. Imukai Augur

Take your +Like dammit.
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

The dot trick definitely did work at some point post-agnarr.
  16. Aablan New Member

Simple solution that might actually be entertaining: enable the PVP flag on any character not in the same group or raid involved in a DPS race. Measure it by say...10 percent of the damage. If everyone is in the same group/raid, no flag.

As an example: guilds A and B are going for OW Inny. If they both engage, as soon as the boss drops, everybody gets PVP flagged for 10 minutes.

Another example: see an afk mage, DPS race him then kill him.

It wouldn't make things any easier, but it would be more entertaining.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No.
    No way..
    Hell no.
    It would suck giant hairy sweaty stinky disgusting "things" so badly.

If you want PvP in EQ ask the devs for them to create Warhammer-like "Scenarios" i.e. instances that players can queue for which offer some kind of short-term fantasy-themed sports-based team-battle content - maybe even ship-to-ship combat. Maybe with a daily/weekly leaderboard.
    Open world PvP on anything other than zek is never gonnna happen, ever.
    code-zero likes this.
  18. Machen New Member

two mages is an army?

You are playing two characters, he is playing two characters. They aren't likely going to bring back GM enforcement for kill stealing, dps racing is in the rules now. Solve the problem by playing two mages if it is a problem.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

^this^
  20. Xeris Augur

Don't spend time at toxic camps and you won't encounter these issues. Alternatively , just fight them and may the best duo win! Ebolt from your shaman is basically like a free DPS race winning tool on certain mobs.
    code-zero likes this.