Developers going to do anything about the 24-7 afk bots in SoL A?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jeggred Baenre, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Jeggred Baenre New Member

I mean you could ignore the REPEATED REPORTS (I'm guessing) and just head down there yourselves at any time and catch them afk boting the charred guardain shield drop 24-7....i mean have some self respect for yourself as game developers.
  2. Febb Augur

No, it's their janitors that need to log in and clean up this mess. Or maybe we can get their accountants to handle it. I'm sure we can find someone else at their company that normally doesn't handle player related issues to fix it.

Or we can let the GM's handle it since that is their job and not the developers.
    Nolrog likes this.
  3. Pumpernickel Lorekeeper

How do you discern botting from a player who parks a class like Mag/Nec in a spot and just kills stuff as it pops?
  4. birdsong_pawn Augur

Nitpicking aside -- The answer is no, the GMs are not going to do anything about. You should see the number of automated groups in ToV (especially EW and GD) on live servers.
  5. Zansobar Augur

You could try to add the Lore tag to the CGS, maybe that would help some...
  6. Jeggred Baenre New Member

Who do think talks to the GM's about what to enforce and watchs the TLP servers for bugs and problems? The guy who stocks the coffee kiosk?

They are using a automated program with tracking so if you were to watch them only a few minutes, they cant talk back but can engage targets, characters cast spells and move in a very distinct way
  7. Megazen Elder

/target Mobname
    /pet attack

I'm guessing you aren't real familiar with the extensive EQ macro system lol.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. Febb Augur

Why would a coder (development) be telling a GM (customer support) what to do? That's what a customer service manager is for. Maybe the developers came up with a guideline long ago about what needs to be enforced but I seriously doubt they have any interaction with GM's unless the developer wants to point out something to them.

You are barking up the wrong tree.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

People here use "dev" to mean game designer, programmer, QA, producer, etc. collectively.

/shrug
  10. TrollMan Elder

Send in a petition with video evidence.. however, hey may not doing anything because they are paying customers and paying customers = $$ in their pocket.
  11. Protagonist Tank

Did you petition?
  12. Grimvalor New Member

Its so bad it makes me almost regret starting to play after 20 years. @ afk mages or necros, usually in starter gear and nothing else in almost every decent camp. Basically if you want ANY gear that is lvl appropriate, you are going to have to buy crono to get it. This is not fun and is a sorry state for this game to end up in, might as well be a mobile title.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Devs & GM's afaik don't work on weekends except for expansion launches or exceptional circumstances so they may simply be working through a backlog come monday/tuesday
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

I hope they have GM coverage on the weekends, at least. Otherwise, it's a license to cheat.
  15. xxar Augur

I know the feeling , we joined the server and came back to eq because we have been told there be GM support and rules enforcement... sadly this will be the last time we fall for this again.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

When they never log out for days at a time and you're deep into an expac past launch. That's your first big sign.

I'm not sure why these people defend the blatant afk botters... nobody is calling out the single mage that farms some dumb mob for an afternoon or two until they get their loot. People are fed up over things like the SG botters that have been running for literally years now, and it's absolutely unmistakable they are afk bots (and almost certainly rmt driven).

SolA is a popular spot because it drops high cash drops plus the named items are valuable.

As far as we ever heard the SG bots on Mangler never got shut down despite being called out numerous times. We all expect bots to be around, but letting the same bots run time and time again is sad, and it' has very real (negative) effects on the in-game economy, as I saw firsthand on Agnarr and Selo.
    KimchiGoddess and Skuz like this.
  17. TrollMan Elder

Sad thing is..I applied to work for them until I go back to work in October. They denied it. I told them I'd be on every single day helping the community out while playing my own character , 100% legit of course.

Got to look at the bigger picture here though, afk bots, multi-boxers, cheaters, or whatever; are somehow PAYING (whether it be kr or monthly fee) to play this server. The last thing they want to do is lose that money.
  18. code-zero Augur

heh, they will never, ever allow anyone to enforce anything on any server where that person has a character, much less is playing.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

updated for 2020

here's to waiting on that gm intro...
    Bobbybick likes this.
  20. Imukai Augur

I think if you want to get the GMs to do something, instead of addressing the devs you should find the stockholders or whoever holds a financial stake in DBG and talk to them instead - and not on a public forum.