Vanilla player starting again, graphics settings.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Tandwan, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Tandwan New Member

Hello, I used to play a long, long time ago on the server Vallon Zek and I am coming back for friends and we're on our new server. There is one thing that bothers me, spells look awful (imho) and the music is ... too grand. I learned how to set models back to the old models but can I change spell icons and such as well? I want to change the following things if this is possible :

Spell effects - I prefer the old school spells. It's just me, I enjoyed them.
    Spell Icons - I understand I could probably install an addon for that but I am not sure where to look for this.
    Music - I want to make the music the old midi music for the game. Is there any way to do this?

I would honestly like to thank anyone who can help me tackle these issues it will be much appreciated.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Hmm not sure this will help on the music sound but you probably are getting the randomized setting that is new from a few years ago. Dev's thought it would be great but many many people complained so they put in an option to play the old music.

So if you go to options (alt O) then on the first page over on the right it says randomize loading music. Make sure it is not checked if you want the old music.
  3. Tandwan New Member

Thank you, ok that worked for the intro music. Any way to change the stuff like Freeport to the old music instead of the upbeat, happy music? Freeport is supposed to be a place of villainy with an underlying paladin order trying to spread good. Not, WE'RE ALL HAPPY, HAPPY HAPPY, DO DO DOOOO, Everybody (including this ogre selling pickles) IS WELCOME!
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

5. Vumad Cape Wearer

The main thing is in ToV go to your advanced display options in game and turn off pixel shaders and advanced lighting in the areas with the snow. They work well anywhere else but some areas can be brutal if you are sensitive to all the bright light.