Remember when new players could actually afford upgrades?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kronotowin, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Xeris Augur

You can get good gear for a new character for <1,000 platinum. For a knight: darm mail gaunt + enameled black chest + ssb = 300pp , spend 70 plat to fill the rest of your slots w/ banded. Boom, minimal investment, big upgrade. If you have an SK dark reaver for 200pp. Dunno the pally equivalent, but ya for less than 1k plat you can gear yourself up in decent stuff that'll last you all the way to 50, and from there you can just pick up upgrades in camps as you go.

You can for sure make 1,000 plat through the xp'ing process.
  2. raff New Member

I've made 70kr flipping items in EC since server launch, literally never leaving the zone. You are clearly just awful at the game lol.
  3. Arclyte Augur

this guy brags about flipping items in the tunnel and making krono off the "everquest market"

meanwhile the normal people play the game and have fun

[IMG]

maybe one day you can trade in all those kronos for a personality or a few friends
  4. ayoforYayoh Augur

I've made 150kr flipping items in EC since server launch, literally never leaving the zone. You are clearly just awful at the game lol.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

Some people enjoy sitting in a dungeon staring at the wall while the monk pulls in mobs. Some people enjoy OW raid targets. Soome enjoy grinding tradeskills to make items to sell/use. Some people enjoy flipping items in the tunnel and bartering. Who's to say which is more fun for someone else?
    3rdblindMouse likes this.
  6. Arclyte Augur

"Fun" may be relative, but that doesn't mean their opinions are equal.

Some people like to put ketchup on their steak. Some people like ASMR. Some people like it when women soccer kick them in the balls.

I will always laugh at the loser tunnel rats.
    Thalliius and KimchiGoddess like this.
  7. Sikkun Augur

Your playing an elf simulator during an era of tank and spank raids.

Not a lot to laugh about.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

No kidding, hurr durrr my way of playing is the only true fun way.
  9. Sheil New Member

This whole topic is a joke I think.

You can get a group together and actually go hunt and kill for the gear you want, or you can just go kill stuff for drops that sell for good plat and then go buy the gear you want at the tunnel. Neither way is right or wrong, just a matter of preferred play style. Play the game the way you prefer and be happy. Stop bashing others for their preferred play style, it's not any of your business and the economy will always follow the demand regardless of your personal preferences. The economy is dynamic and will adjust as the server matures.

As far as collecting krono? Who cares. That's not a game I want to play, but for the folks who do and get some kind or enjoyment for it... good for them. Go for it. It's an allowed play style, so really isn't an issue for anyone.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. mark Augur

so i might have spent 2 hours in ec tunnel on rizlona had to get my trader to lvl 2 due to pick mechanics. once i hit lvl 29 lowerguk and then the hole are the only 2 zones i have exp with my group.
    after gearing up my characters wich his still on going watever item i dident need i sold in the ec tunnel and bought items i needed.
    somitimes i got kronos for it some times plat wich i used to buy items for my charecters, if something his no trade i will ask in guild if eanyone needs then shout in ooc.
    i am not here to make money but to play a game i enjoy, some people have no choice but to make money from eq and some have made a living and bought houses with the money in the old days maybe even today.
    on one side they are a pain on the other way more items available on the server then there would be without them and every mmo has farmers and a lot of other games also,live long and enjoy everquest.
  11. KimchiGoddess Augur

12. Thrawnseg Augur

If you haven;t made at least 200kr flipping items in EC since server launch you clearly are bad at this game lol
  13. Jaime Lannister Augur

Huh? What do you mean specifically by this?

Compared to the amount of plat you earn from selling trash drops and having /split on in groups, gear is FAR cheaper for a new player to purchase than it would have been on live in original classic.

The market is absolutely flooded with every item, and people are stepping over each others feet to sell their gear, bringing the prices lower and lower.

You think you'd buy a Ykesha for 800pp 1 month into classic EQ?

The mindset of gamers has changed over the years. Krono didnt cause it. People don't sell LR cause of krono, they do it because that's the mindset of the average gamer these days. Early 2000's were a different time, people were different.

People need on everything now, even 8copper items. It's just the nature of the online atmosphere now.

Take krono away, you still have the same players hoarding the same camp, selling for plat instead of krono.

Krono has a platinum equivalent. Right now on Aradune that's about 2500pp. 24/7 you can go to EC tunnel and purchase Kronos for plat.

I don't box and I'm a fairly casual player compared to "hardcore" types. I put in roughly 20hrs a week. I have not purchased any krono for real money. Yet I've still managed to get damn near every dropable item my class can use in one month. On top of that I've converted platinum into 8 Kronos to save for later expansions.

Maybe the issue you are having is looting trash? You should loot literally anything you can sell to a merchant.

I spent the day in sol B earlier this week and filled 2 40 slot bags with fine steel and bronze and wracked up 42 black henbanes which sell for 20-25pp each in EC tunnel.

Plat isnt that hard to make, just gotta sell everything you can get.
  14. Arclyte Augur

It also helps that most classic items are not that important to non-tanks unless it haste
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

Quality comeback.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  16. Febb Augur

What do ya'll think about installing ladders at the wall in Plane of Fire? There are people who are suffering that can't get over the wall without levitate.
  17. Arclyte Augur

just more proof that walls work

make norrath gr8 again
  18. ECrack Augur

Yeah, lol. I had a guy flex on me cause I was undercutting his JC items. So he sends a tell crying about it. I told him I'll sell at whatever price I want and he can buy my stuff and flip it if he feels that strongly about it. Then he spotaneously is like "WeLl I gOT 100 KR ANd 70K PlAt"

And?

All I heard was you have a Vitamin D deficiency.
    Thalliius and KimchiGoddess like this.
  19. Sniggz Elder

No idea what you're complaining about. I just dinged 50 on my warrior this morning and am fairly decked out having either farmed my own drops in a group, or bought upgrades by selling drops that I won along the way but didn't need.
    No idea how you're having a problem acquiring plat to purchase upgrades unless you're like level 15 which takes a couple of hours to achieve and as such shouldn't have you in an in-game financial situation to be purchasing big upgrades anyway.
  20. Sniggz Elder

He has no idea.