Melee Merc

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by seaninsa, Jun 25, 2020.

1. seaninsa Journeyman

Is it a bug, but why does it take a bit for Melee Mercs to engage? I also noticed if the NPC is rooted the merc just stands there and just takes damage. Are these bugs with the Merc?
  2. Nniki Augur

If the stance is set to balanced, it'll wait until the target is 95% health before engaging. If it's set to the burn stance, it'll engage right away.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. seaninsa Journeyman

I think it was set to burn. I will check. I just notice it more with the Melee one vs. the Tank one.
  4. Megazen Elder

The melee mercs take an extra second to process, because they are calculating how to get behind the mob. The tanks mercs just beeline attack no matter the vector. Often you will see them stand in front of the mob, then warp behind it and start attacking.

I almost always use melee mercs, and always have them on burn, they seem to be fairly consistent in their behavior, and actually way less buggy than the tank merc.
  5. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Merc's don't understand the concept of root. I know when I used a tank merc and tried root punting an add, the tank merc would beeline to the rooted mob and break root every time. The cleric merc will also stand next to rooted mobs and try and chain heal himself instead of moving away from the mob.
    Nadisia likes this.