Fixed Internally HA scaling in The Broken Mirror on Phinny

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Dragari, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Riou EQResource

For the new ToV+ Paradigm of Achievement EXP sort of, GMM is probably still probably decent in ToV for grind mob EXP vs other options (the more casual you go), before that HA were more rewarding a lot of the time (the more casual you go)

It was only recently, during RoS and TBL, that a TDS HA was a super trivial solo spot for most Melee :p (That caused all Avoidances to be nerfed and capped below 100% without the guaranteed Avoidance abilities)

The current system with the Hard Cap levels, assume it's just because it has similar mob con to like half of the newest expansion while being way weaker so it devalues the newer expansions, but maybe they can fix that without powering up the mobs by applying the EXP reduction system on them for like every level above the Hard Cap you are :p
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Sounds like a lot of malarkey going on to achieve a dubious goal, the realisation that the move to the horriblly stubborn & backwards ToV XP paradigm left big loopholes in the XP system this crappy decision to scale up old HA was meant to cover for.
    All adds up to a bunch of poor judgement calls compounded by screwing players over being required to hold up a new sucky XP paradigm.

None of this is good, it's sloppy, poorly judged, poorly implemented & the hard-headed denial of everything wrong with it the players went to great pains to point out is pretty sad, now Phinigel players get stiffed by this the devs finally go "Oh, yeah, now we see why it was going to be a problem" - well, duh.

Thanks devs, not like you weren't told is it? by the time this gets fixed it'll likely be 4 weeks of our 8 week TBM progression window down the tubes, at least the TLP following after get a benefit.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

HAs were aimed at 3 players and 3 mercs, some were easier than others, the rewards should have been reduced not make them harder. They have made other expansions give less exp after people level, why not stick to this formula for HAs?
  4. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

This guy has a point I think.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Zinth Augur

Dreamweaver told me it should be fixed in July patch... so 15th July it is... mid way through the expansion
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Will this apply to live servers also?

Is this what it takes to get action for us?

Something broke on TLP that was broke for years on live but never addressed. Now this will be rectified in a few weeks.

Live servers matter too.
    Nennius and Yinla like this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

A few players have speculated on what the fix will actually do.

Most likely scenario is that the scaling-up on TBM will only happen once RoS unlocks rather than being removed entirely, unless of course fixing it for TLP necessitates removing that scaling altogther.

So I think it will depend on whether the devs can make the scaling up on 105 stuff only happen once level 110 unlocks. I personally hope they can't so that they are forced to remove it wholesale.
  8. Zinth Augur

when I asked if that would fix live too... the response where "I think so" so nothings for certain but there is a chance (which would be really nice)
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

TBM should never scale up! It was said my one of the devs that content would not scale past the level the content was released, then for some reason this decission got changed in December 2019.

Live servers play alts, they also get returning players, 105 content should NEVER need a player to be 110+ to complete it.

I'm all for content giving less rewards once players have leveled past the content, but not making things harder for those of the level of the content. It shouldn't matter how many expansions have been released since content was released it should not get harder for those leveling up a year+ later.
    Barton, Marton, Zinth and 1 other person like this.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

I'm a little concerned that our only source of information about this issue increasingly seems to come from private messages between a player and Dreamweaver.

I want to see red names posting this type of stuff.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Agree 100%. Could also post the pm. That way we are not subject to the posters interpretation. 99% of the time what is said that they said is not what they said. ;)
  12. Zinth Augur

was no interpretation it was direct quotes ;-)
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

It's not that there's a question of whether you're being accurate with the relay of information...I would wager you are.:)

It's the fact that we're getting this information via a relay from a player...that's complete BS. What you're sharing is very relevant information concerning this topic, and the rest of us have to get it second-hand.

These are Daybreak's OWN forums...yet they seem terrified to actually post any information here. They choose to communicate via 3rd party websites and rely on players to spread the word. That is just awful community relations and communication.

I want to see red names posting things...not getting it from "reliable sources." And this nonsense excuse of "well, I couldn't connect to the forums" that Dreamweaver seems to use over and over again...that's getting old.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Valid points about direct communication, but with them probably still working from home I reckon they are using a VPN & sometimes, well they can be problematic & if the issues with the servers & forums all being run from a new datacentre wasn't enough indicator the connections may not be brilliant I suspect the VPN is routed through there too.

So Dreamweaver not being able to connect to the forums is a lot more likely than you may at first think.

However the Topic status has been changed to "in Progress" now so the fix is being worked on right now.
    Zinth likes this.
  15. Prathun Developer

I'm working on re-tuning TBM scaling content. (Except for the Hate / Fear Revisited NPCs, which were already retuned). These changes will go out with the July update.
    Skuz, Boze, Thunderkiks and 5 others like this.
  16. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

17. Catashe Augur

If I said it once, I've said it hundred times... Prathun, Hero of the People
  18. Dragari Journeyman

Are you sure about fear? I was checking my logs form last week and I see

[Wed Jun 24 20:51:02 2020] Cazic-Thule hit you for 194214 points of physical damage by Furious Heart.

Did Furious Heart really do that much in the past??? spell data on zam says

1: Decrease Hitpoints by 153570.
    2: Stun (1.00 sec)

Dragari
  19. Velisaris_MS Augur

When they implemented the "scale to max level" nonsense for spells and effects when ToV launched, that's when everything went to hell.
    Skuz and Yinla like this.
  20. Zinth Augur

You say Hate/Fear is retuned already? CT does 194k damage where earlier reports lists him at 153k what gives? so it isn't fixed? it was not tuned down but up? or what did you do to it?
    Skuz likes this.