DPS Racing VS Camping Courtesy - Which is it?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Blason, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Paladin42069 New Member

it's like when you're at a bar and you meet a hot girl hehehe but then a alpha male snatches her up and is dancing on the dance flo grinding up on her and just staring at you from a distance a btw OP prolly has reel thick glasses
  2. Name2 Augur

This actually made me laugh out loud. Experienced sockers? Really? Who talks like that? Is that like a medal of honor you people wear and brag about? You're a caricature of yourself without anybody saying a word.
  3. Kittany Augur

Would you prefer the term....
    [IMG]
  4. Name2 Augur

That doesn't capture the hilarity in the same way. What really caught me was the idea that there would be ranks in the group of people that decide to intentionally deprive themselves of sleep in order to game, like there's some skill or talent involved in what is ultimately just addictive, psychotic behavior.
  5. Arog Augur

It really is not supposed to be a DPS race. If it were then there wouldn't be AOC or pick zones. If something is camped that you and your friends wanted to camp then go to another pick zone. If there isn't enough people for another pick zone then that is a different issue. We need DPG to lower the threshold to pop another pick. Meanwhile just ask your guild members to show up in the zone if it's close to the population to make another pick. I am not pretending that I have all the best solutions but KSing another groups mob that they are already engaged in is definitely not the answer.
  6. Xeris Augur

If people play that way let them. You can play how you want. You're gonna have to interact in Norrath either way , and if you encounter DPS racers or ksers, you can choose to get mad, or you can choose to let it go and move on. There's a lot of camps and zones in the game you can avoid every toxic person if you want.
    Arog likes this.
  7. yerm Augur

You are missing my point. Being an experienced socker was not meant as some kind od compliment about skill nor any sort of deflection from how ridiculous the situations were. It WAS psychotic behavior... and many folks on aradune did it anyway and would willingly do it again. My point was never to romanticize it or to make it out to be some badge of honor if you did it - literally the opposite! The entire camping meta was awful and the dps race meta, despite its many problems, is nowhere close to as bad.
    code-zero likes this.