Can we maybe tone down the incapacitation in Overseer?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tatanka, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Welcome to all the rest of my thread ;)
  2. Natal Augur

Well, I don't know what you are doing then because I do 10 tasks a day on three accounts, and I am rarely with more than 3 or 4 out of action, and if they are, who gives a F, just use another NPC or get another task if it is an issue. I never have the sort of problem you are talking about.

The whole point of them being occasionally incapacitated is that you sometimes have to make other choices, but it doesn't really matter because you are still going to complete your 10 tasks a day.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I only run recovery quests IF they time works with my other quests, for example if i'm doing 6 hour quests I will run a 6 hour recovery quests but I won't run a 3 hour quest.

I've just stopped doing recruitment quests as I have all agents except for Fippy, so I no longer waste a quest slot on doing them.
  4. Axxius Augur

I mean multiple Recover Agent rewards in a single quest. That happens a lot. The only problem is that they often do nothing (bug).

Nothing wrong with having 5-10% of your agents incapacitated. You'd still have the other 90-95% available.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

True enough, but a little misleading. Not all agents are created equal. Many get used A LOT, and there are some I've probably never used.

Again, just an annoyance, I'm not boycotting Overseer, or saying it should just be removed. But that doesn't change the fact that I think the incapacitation stuff is a bit over the top.

Particularly the 56-72 hour ones. Wow!
  6. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

As Tatanka said, which agents get incapacitated matters a great deal. I have three accounts and all three have quest types at level 4 or 5(max). These use a lot of the same elite and rare agents over and over again, since they need one or two with (4) in their job type. (Say, Artisan(4), Spy(4), etc.). Even when looking at the other agents in the team that don't specify a job level, and thus could be filled by common agents, in principle, there will be a set of bonuses that are clearly aimed at specific iconic agents (uncommon or up). And those bonuses need to be filled or mostly filled in order to get to 90% or higher success chance.

Also don't forget that you don't get offered a recovery quest until the quests rotate and only for agents incapacitated at that time. Hence, you can end up with an agent incapacitated for up to 11 hours, 59 minutes before you even get offered a recovery quest for it.

So there are three things that are converging here to make the incapacitation especially problematic: The high chance of incapacitation for longer duration at higher quest levels, the need for a smaller set of iconic agents to be able to do those quests at higher levels and/or to get the same success chance that you had at lower quest levels, and the way that recovery works, even not accounting for the bugs.

My suggestions:
    1. Don't just fix the bugs with recovery. Make it like the conversion quests: Always available, don't count for your daily quest limit, and will recover all incapacitated agents of that type (common, uncommon, etc.), not just 'exhausted', 'captured', etc. Of course, that might cut into the cash grab for people spending DBC to recover agents, but I think that devs need to prove that incapacity wasn't intended to be such a cash grab.
    2. Scale back the increase in incapacity as quest levels increase. I don't think that the increase in rewards for doing higher level quests justifies the increased risks of incapacity at all. What some (such as myself) would argue is one of the best rewards is the collection fragments, and you get the same number of those whether the quests are level 1 or level 5. As I said above, getting more quest levels should be a clear improvement all around.
    Tatanka likes this.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

@Olav,

Loved your suggestions. I'd even add this to sweeten the pot on #1: I wouldn't even mind if the recovery quests counted towards completed quests. You can still do a full round of 5 quests, and do 5 recovery quests, without running into problems, unless you are a 6-hr-only quest guy. Even then, just run 12s when you're doing recovery, and you're still barely losing anything.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

I've always said that they did this backwards...you should have LESS of a chance of incapacitation on the higher level quests, otherwise gaining xp in a particular stat does absolutely nothing. Level 1 quests should have the highest chance of incapacitation, and the level 5 quests should have the least chance.

People should be rewarded for gaining xp, not punished.
  9. Darchon_Xegony Augur

It would be cool if tiers of agents are immune to incapacitation for specific missions.

Uncommon can't be incapacitated from Common missions
    Rare can't be incapacitated from Uncommon/Common missions
    Elite can't be incapacitated from Rare/Uncommon/Common missions
  10. Ueauvan Journeyman

i normally have 10-15 incapacitated, its normally the same agents as the variety on quests are rubbish.
    i have max on everything but havesting and crafting. whats worse is i just force completed to 10 quests an hour before rotation. after rotation im still 10/10 and cant complete any for another 11h etc. keep overseer as its letting me catch levels back but it seems borked atm.
    GoneFission likes this.
  11. GoneFission Augur

For all the incapacitated agents I get with a 4% chance for 57 hours, I need to take the EQ RNG to Las Vegas. If I could get those odds come through there like they do in game, I’d be rich.
    Tatanka and dreadlord like this.