When will we get AOC's For leveling dungeons? Two Birds with one stone

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Angered, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Angered Augur

I am starting to wonder when we will get AOC'S for Dungeons so friends can actually set a time to log in and level? The pick zone system is horrible and has been a ban aid over the years since it was introduced. I feel like this is the next logical step for TLPs! A ton of people will play and the whole argument about Krono farmers / box crews camping certain spots will not matter due to everyone being able to get what they want. Also dungeons like SOLB / HOLE / Permafrost should also have AOCs for leveling just simply remove the raid mobs! This logic can apply to all zones that have raid mobs that are also used for leveling! Since people can not think examples for those who actually need them...

Classic Solb No Naggy , Hole No yael , Permafrost (lol why?) no vox
    Kunark example Old Seb No Trak
    Velious Velks lab no Velks

Those are just some examples Love Angered
  2. KimchiGoddess Augur

Short answer: Never.

Those older zones are not set up to easily instance the way later expansions offered content. It would only result in added strain to the servers and cause more issues.
    Dythan likes this.
  3. Tucoh Augur

I'm totally against the idea of AoCs for leveling. Pick zones are a great balance between having a real MMO and having enough content for everyone.

Game would be boring, stale and too easy if resource contention was eliminated.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yep, I would think at this time they don't want players to have a personal zone which is why they have made changes to pick zones in order to be more aggressive about closing them when the population drops.

Also I would think that having an AOC for these zones would just make server performance worse as it would need to run a lot more zones on a new TLP server or when new content unlocks as everyone will want a private zone.
  5. Loze Elder

They're already instanced automatically via /picks
    Pumpernickel likes this.
  6. ForumBoss Augur

Unfortunately they seem ideologically opposed to this, people used to xp in aoc dz for sebilis and they deliberately nerfed xp in them. I'd love to have 6 hour dz with un-nerfed xp, even if the mobs didnt respawn. Think of it like an ldon, but without terrible xp. There are likely technical or capacity issues, but they've said pickzones are more costly than aoc zones.
  7. Angered Augur

I THINK I SHOULD HAVE CLARIFIED THAT MOBS RESPAWN AND THE INSTANCES WOULD BE REPEATABLE! EDIT FORGOT THAT PART! GUESS WE FOUND THE RMTER$ FOLKS! The pick system is horrible and a sad band aid!
  8. Tucoh Augur

https://www.slant.co/topics/6234/~co-op-rpgs-on-pc
  9. Zansobar Augur

No to instanced leveling.
  10. Hinastorm86 Augur

I would be willing to pay a pretty hefty fee for this. I love everquest, but the contested nature of the good spots is not one of the reasons I love it.

They don't need to build instances, just give us access to a personal pick that locks once we enter it. I'd even be ok with less loot in these instances. It could be a similar idea to AoC's, you're giving access to the content to everyone, but if you want to maximize your loot you need to compete in open world.

I'm aware that the servers likely can't handle this feature at this time. Maybe someday.
  11. Karanthal Augur

You mean like LDoN? There is loads of instanced group contact from LDoN onwards. From memory GoD had sewers, tipt, vexed. OoW had a few dranik caves, DoN was mostly instanced zones and so on.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Megazen Elder

There are some real mental gymnastics taking place in this thread. How anyone can argue that competition for spawns is somehow good for the game is beyond me. It's absolutely the biggest point of contention in the game, and is the driving engine to the RMT bot army farmers. This would not only solve the bad blood issues that go along with everyone fighting over a spawn, it would also gut the RMT/Krono farmers, which is actual reason they probably won't ever do this, they love krono farmers.

99.9% of bad behavior in Everquest is generated by contested spawns on long timers.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. KimchiGoddess Augur

Is this another troll like that other guy?

Regardless of it being a band aid fix, it's either picks as they are or no picks and overcrowding unless they invest seriously into fixing code to allow this.

Would I love to be able to get my own pick to farm GEBs for myself without worrying about a mage army rolling over me? Heck yes. I don't RMT but I also refuse to feed into the RMT so I don't buy gear upgrades that are heavily farmed like that.

Heck even on Mangler most of my chars didn't have hot ticket items like that until there was a bazaar and prices bottomed. I'd rather go without than feed that BS.

I just don't see things changing as long as DPG/DBG is at the helm. They want our dollars, they don't care about what we want for the most part.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Arog Augur

LDON

Also I think you have a very different perspective and motive. I went to permafrost and tried to start a PUG. It was empty and no one would travel all the way out there to join me. Everyone says go to unrest and Lguk. I'm sick of unrest.

I think you're full of BS. Only the 6 group bots farming Kronos want instances and would benefit from it. The rest of us playing solo characters like zones with some population for grouping and socializing.

Never did get a group for Permafrost but did make a full group for paw and we were the only 6 in the zone. No instances needed.
  15. Angered Augur

Its not at all good for the game in 2020! The people who are complaining or pointing fingers really are the RMTers! And to suggest that only RMTers would want private farmable zones is 100% laughable! Day in and day out we have people come to the forums and complain about KRONOS , RMTers / BOTS / BOXERS Hogging all the GOOD RMT spots! Well if everyone has access to the "high end krono items" that solves the issue 100%! If people want the TRUE CLASSIC EQ feeling go play on P99! This idea would make this TLP the largest and highest population server to date! Also its really funny trying to explain how EQ works to new players maybe just maybe this would give us new blood because honestly DPS racing? Camp Checks? dude its 2020 Its time to ENJOY EQ!
  16. Ronluwen Elder

If you think instances would hurt RMT you're crazy. It would help it 100%.
  17. Ronluwen Elder

Everyone has equal access to high end items. RMTers having their own zone to farm freely 24/7 would only help RMT. You thinking that the average casual player who's buying the FBSS with krono in the first place would have equal access to a 24/7 krono farmer is delusional.

The only thing stopping these farmers are the real players who are capable of forming groups and going to these spots and pushing them out. No krono farm group is going to beat a capable group of 6 real players. It's just not. So make friends, create a decent group, push them out. You'll get anything you're willing to put the time into getting.

The problem is the average player doesn't always want to put in the 12+ hours required to farm that FBSS in the first place.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

How are the RMTers going to benefit from a massive increase in competition caused by players being able to bypass the content-monopolizers.

You clearly don't fully grasp the concept of supply & demand, because vastly increasing the number of items on the market, which instances would allow everyone not just the pro RMT teams to do destroys the price of those items making the effort to farm it to RMT it far less worthwhile.

Bottlenecks help RMT.
    Thalliius and Dexxeaa00 like this.
  19. Ronluwen Elder

Because you or anyone else have the ability to go in and take their camp as it stands. The idea that there are people who want to camp items that can't just doesn't seem accurate to me. The people paying krono for these items will pay krono no matter what.

Giving RMT's a free zone to do whatever they want with no competition, no reporting, no nothing only makes it easier. Maybe the items are worth a little less, but what does it matter if there's nobody there bothering you or taking anything from you in the first place.
  20. Dexxeaa00 Elder

I think this would be cool. You could invite people to your private instance for experience. I like to see new added features.

If everyone had their own pick they could farm the items they wanted without having to fight RMT farmers. This could eliminate some of the RMT because people can get to the camps they wanted without competition. Which would eliminate some RMT because its easier to get the item you want.
    Skuz likes this.