Prathum please look into...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Arog, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Arog Augur

Prathum,
    Can you please look into the Langseax quest on Aradune. In West Karana when I hand frostbite the sweaty shirt he never moves. He is supposed to track down *Basle or the other rare spawn whose name I can't remember right now. But the dog never moves. *Basle does eventually spawn and with help of many trackers we found him. Did this twice, because i wanted to duel wield langseax, and both times the dog never moves. I have already submitted a petition about this around a week ago. Just wanted to make sure you were told about it.
  2. Name2 Augur

At least spell the guy's name right if you're going to demand individual attention. I'm sure when he sees this he'll jump right on it.
  3. Captain Video Augur

It's the * in front of the name, it has broken the script. The dog will only move if he sees someone named "Basil" (no *) or "Paglan". Put a PC with either of those names in the zone, and he will hunt that instead. The only way to complete the quest is to find either of those NPCs yourself using a tracker. They will be running around somewhere in the NE sector of the zone. This is a fairly recent bug, when the * prefixes were introduced.

If memory serves, there is another bug to the quest which has been there since the beginning: the faction hits for killing the murderer are all negative!
  4. Nolrog Augur

Tarvas likes this.
  5. Arog Augur

Sorry, the m and n are right next to each other and my old eyes didn't catch the typo on my small phone. Despite what you think, I wasn't demanding anything. I did the petition over a week ago with no results yet. We have had excellent progress fixing old school issues in classic on TLPs before because of Prathun and that is why i was politely asking for his help again. I did think about putting this request in bugs section of forums but no one on live servers do these quest so it seemed more appropriate on TLP forums.

Captain, thanks for the feed back. That is probably the problem.
  6. Hythos Augur

First couple days the server was up, I was passing through WK when I saw a player named "Basil"...
    A moment later, Frostbite came trotting up to the player.

Later, when running the "tracker" portion of the Langsaex quest, it was obvious that the loot-locked *, breaks Frostbite's tracking.

SO, I made a Bert SK named Paglan, with the expectation that Frostbite would track the player....
    Sure enough, Frostbite tracked Paglan (my character) and promptly ate them as he was KOS.

Frostbite is working.
    The quest is broken due to loot-lock naming.
    Arog likes this.