What the F.. Merc?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elyee, Jun 20, 2020.

1. minimind The Village Idiot

If you AA/gear up your merc as you progress, they're never "bad". They're never as good as a good player, but they're much better than a bad player or no player. Especially since the tank merc aggro was increased (and rogue merc aggro decreased) a month ago.
    code-zero likes this.
  2. Runcible Journeyman

I get where you're coming from regarding healer mercs. I have a 115 mage and fighting in VL, KD and to a lesser extent ToFS I've had to step in quite a bit and help the merc heal my pet to keep him from dying. It seems like the merc is fine until there are back to back crit hits and then she has a hard time keeping up on her own. The weird thing is after the fight I'm. At 60 to 70 percent mana remaining and she is virtually 100 (meaning she really wasn't hitting the heals too hard). For that reason I've had to keep with earth pets just for the added durability.
  3. Dropfast Augur

For those that haven't figured this out yet, you must block at least 3 of the mercs useless "heals" each level increase! Single target HoT, Group HoT, and promised heal. Those 3 are a huge reason why they suck so bad. They will cast a promised heal or HoT on you then sit their and watch you die waiting for them to "save" you.

It wasn't huge, but they are defiantly better after the patch, not worse. I solo/box a lot and I noticed a difference instantly. If your going to make a ridiculous post like this, details help ><

With that said, mercs have always sucked. They are vulnerable to server lag. I've seen my mercs heal like a boss for 20 mins straight, then suddenly just sit their and watch me die. It seems like sometimes they just don't realize your in combat or something. I've sat their and fought a Rare mob for 30 secs and didn't get a single heal, chain healing on my shammy, died then the merc rezzes me in combat....which means it didn't even have agroo.

Another tip, if you run 2 healers mercs, it's often better to run one on reactive and the other on balanced. They cast different spells and at different times which combines to better healing synergy, sometimes.
    Nadisia likes this.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

True. The only bad part is, you can't block spells on a merc. So, two players using a healer and a tank merc, you can't block the bad heals on the tank merc. Since practically everyone blocks all of there, it would be nice if they would just remove them from the healer merc rotation.
    Nadisia likes this.
  5. Nadisia Augur

Agreed, 100 times.
    The main reason why they should add a block list on mercs.

For these spells, and many others, like any form of levitation, because mercs tend to turn completely goofy when they're flying too high ... and it's annoying to click off levits every single time.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL, yeah forgot that one. Every time I cast group flight of Eagles, have to go through all the mercs and click it off.

May not matter much for non-tank merc, but for tanks, they WILL NOT engage. They just sit there floating above the mob, and watch you die ;)
  7. Tappin Augur

...and they are charging about 260 plat every 15 minutes for their services.
  8. Qbert Gallifreyan

I would never block any of those. Don't advocate to take functionality away from players. If you must, advocate for more control over what spells your own merc casts (i.e. a checklist on merc gear tab that lets you deactivate spells from their list, or something).
    minimind, Velisaris_MS and svann like this.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Even that doesn't solve it. If the healer merc is yours, and you're happy having those spells cast, then they'll still land on my merc. The blocking has to be done on the landing side.

It's like the cleric big HP/AC combined buff. As a druid, I want that blocked, since I get more mana regen from my HP/AC buff, and I can then get the HP-only buff from the merc. I wouldn't want the merc owner to turn off the big combined buff, cause obviously, that's a great buff for many classes.

And sorry to offend. You're literally the first player I've heard sticking up for those spells to be cast by the merc.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

Blocking spells from a merc is a very ugly band-aid for a much larger problem.

Players should be able to set a spell line-up for their mercs.
    svann and Tatanka like this.