monk aa buy priority?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by svann, Jun 3, 2020.

1. svann Augur

Recently got 115 and have begun working on aas. First things I got were master's synergy and then intimidation. Suggestions for next aas to go for?
    edit: autogrant enabled, so I have all those already
  2. Cyphren Journeyman

This is a tier listing of what I would do if I started AAs post autogrant. As of this post, Torment of Velious is the latest expansion and autogrant gives AAs up to and including The Broken Mirror excluding tradeskill, and a few minor AAs.
    Some ToV AAs don't give upgrades that are as good as previous ranks so I've split them. If something isn't listed it's either already included with autogrant, almost useless outside a few cases or I've missed it.

Offensive

S - Burst of Power, Weapon Mastery of the Katori, Zan Fi's Whistle(Minus ToV Rank), Kick Mastery
    A - Infusion of Thunder, Punch Mastery, Technique of Master Wu, Thunderfoot(Minus ToV Ranks), Combat Fury, Enhanced Aggression
    B - Veteran's Wrath, Weapon Affinity, Resonant Kicks, Resonant Strikes, Twinstrike
    C - Five Point Palm, Focusing of Brithrax, Two-Finger Wasp Touch, Ingenuity, Twinproc, Pressure Points, Intimidation
    D - Fists of Steel, Thunderfoot(ToV), Zan Fi(ToV), Ton Po's Stance, Empowered Ingenuity

Defensive

S - Combat Agility, Combat Stability, Staff Block, Physical Enhancement, Natural Durability(Minus ToV Ranks)
    A - Armor of Wisdom, General Sturdiness, Natural Durability(ToV)
    B - Improved Recovery
    C - Stonewall, Delay Death, Adamant Will
    D - Innate Regeneration, Energetic Attunement, Planar Power

Utility

S - Innate Run Speed, Swift Tails' Chant(Minus ToV Rank), Magnanimous Force
    A - Killing Spree
    B - Gouging Claws of the Jade Tiger
    C - Heightened Endurance, Enhanced Reformation, Swift Tails' Chant(ToV)
    D - Hardy Endurance

After filling these out might as well have named this Endurance Regen and in that sense, Swift Tails is amazing at keeping the battery charged when used with speed or heel. Magnanimous Force is of note as well as it has changed the way I pull in many situations and I wish I would have gotten it sooner than I did.

Focus

S - Extended Heel of Kanji Discipline, Improved Synergy, Improved Crane Stance, Master's Synergy*, Focus: Torrent of Fists*
    A - Improved Speed Focus Discipline, Extended Crystalpalm Discipline, Focus: Dragon's Balance*
    B - Improved Scaledfist Discipline
    C - Hastened Defensive Poses
    D - Focus: Eight Breaths*, Focus: Technique of the Crimson Fist

Most of Focus AAs are DPS and are worth getting, but some require a massive amount of sinking AAs in to even become usable by the latest spelline. I have noted such lines with an *.
    svann likes this.
  3. Heajol Augur

What do you suggest with H2H vs 2HB AAs? I have heard it's better to max H2H AA first and go that route and then focus on 2HB AA? Do the H2H abilities become useful once one switches to 2HB? Is 2HB always the *go to* in today's game? I'm a returning player with the same question as the OP.

4. svann Augur

Thanks for posting this great information, but Im not sure if I understand your order priority. Id guess ABCD is priority order but then what is S?
    edit: holy cow what a ton of aas we have
  5. Heajol Augur

S is elite. Far as I know it comes from League of Legends stuff.
  6. Cyphren Journeyman

Ideally after level 100/105 monks want 23 delay 2HB weapons.

The only dual wield AA that I know anymore is Ambidexterity which I didn't bother listing as it doesn't affect 2hb.

Yeah sorry S is better than A.
  7. Heajol Augur

8. Yendar Augur

You probably want to start with the utility stuff, run speed and magnanimous force.. then you can decide if you want defensive or offensive AAs depending on if you’re solo/molo(or dying a lot) or have a tank all the time. If you feel you need to beef up a little you can get some ranks of CA/CS.. if you have a strong tank and aren’t getting aggro or dying pulling.. you can go straight into the offensive AAs on he has on line A.
    svann likes this.
  9. Heajol Augur

So I'm working my way through this list and have a few more S ranks to go. However, I have a question about Enhanced Aggression. How do I figure out my worn ATK and how close to the worn cap I am? I take it that base non-AA worn ATK cap is 250 + Enhanced Aggression + Heroic something AAs? Just wondering how much Enhanced Aggression will help and if I'm anywhere near cap.
  10. Heajol Augur

Figured out my Enhanced Aggression and ended up setting my magelo account back up. This list is amazing and I wish there was one for every class! Thank you so much for posting it.

Would you go down the list in order? I am wondering if I should prioritize Swift Tail's Chant after I'm finished with the S Rank DPS AAs. I seem to run out of endurance quickly even if I'm just using my "spam" key and not any burn abilities.
  11. Yendar Augur

You can just ID/Breather when you get under 30% every 90 secs. I wouldn’t worry about endurance much unless breather wasn’t keeping up.

If you’re grouped up a lot (definitely if you raid) swift tails might be worth it now just because it’s useful for the whole group.
    Also if you’re mainly alone you can take dissident out of your spam key if you have it in there.
    Szilent likes this.
  12. svann Augur

Can you explain that? Im seeing on raidloot that dissident form adds to bonus damage. Id think that would be good anytime. Did you mean covenant?
    Szilent likes this.
  13. Heajol Augur

Thanks, I wasn't sure if I should be using Breather or Relax. I've been using Relax just because it's easier to use .. no ID needed etc.

I'm usually in a full group with raid geared players. They don't have the same issues with endurance that I do! I don't raid though .. well except the occasional "off night" raid.

I did add dissident to my spam key and that seems to be working nicely. Is that why I'm running out of endurance? I think I was running out of endurance even before I did that.

14. Riou EQResource

Don't use Relax, it's really bad and it's trivial to go out of combat to use Breather
  15. Heajol Augur

Okay will start using Breather. Thank you. Relax has been keeping up with the endurance but I do go low often. (I'm sure Breather will too.)
  16. svann Augur

Low endurance is ok just dont hit zero. Here is a macro I use
    /pause 1, /alt activate 420 imitate death
    /pause 1, /disc breather
    /disc breather
    /stand
    /attack on

The pauses and extra breather are because sometimes there is lag, but even with the extra time in it it still goes fast enough that its like I just fall down and bounce right up.
    edit: fair to say Im a noob monk (3 months old) so others may have better.
  17. Yendar Augur

Im going to add that extra breather into mine.. it does lag out and not work at times.

As for the dissident, yes it adds damage.. and you should keep it on cool down at all times if you aren’t having endurance problems..
  18. Yendar Augur

The problem with having it in your spam key that I used to run into was that sometimes I would hit breather.. but then dissident/dicho would pop.. so it would go off & eat so much of my endurance that I would run out before breather cane back up. This was causing my discs to waste off because I didn’t have the endurance to finish them. It sucked when I would hit breather, hit heel, then lose a whole bunch of endurance and not get to finish my heel disc. So I took it out of my spam key when I was having endurance issues.