About those 6-box armies on Aradune, high-5!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hythos, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Hythos Augur

New groups leveling up daily, almost identical composition and all are nude (or almost).
    It'd be nice to see some confirmation from DPG that:
    "We have identified accounts in violation to the rules outlined for the Aradune server, and have banned all accounts linked to the user".
    Isn't that what was said in the server-notice?
    A little reassurance could go a long way.

2. Rizlowned Lorekeeper

nothing stops them from pulling from their stash of 1000+ krono to reboot 6 casters
  3. PeterPansicle Journeyman

Instead they have a script that goes like this "As with all cases of inappropriate behavior, we cannot give out information regarding the actions taken against another player's account. This information is considered to be private information and will not be discussed with anybody but the owner of the account as per our Privacy Policy."

All you can do is keep collecting and submitting evidence via petition and hoping they get the ban hammer. That being said it'll be easier to get people banned for AFK automation than it will be for one person playing 6 characters but pretending to be 3 different people.
  4. Duality Augur

They're getting more noticeable to me, as the population declines. One pick of hole had 3 6 boxes in it the other day. Some of them don't seem to try to hide it at all while others are obvious on what program they use outside of the normal keybind/EQ Macro boxers. There was a group of necros that I was sitting near and he brought in another character to rebuff and talk in say with while making the same arrow only movements. Watched one at a time a short while later walk back to the zone in and camp out (including the new "/say friend"). Another whose names I recognize from being a PLer in past TLPs had toons following him to the camp, but somehow spread out the same distance away from him yet not stacked. After fighting they would all path back to where they started, and always sitting facing where the group leader was at the time. Ench charm break it would run into a corner, recharm and return like the rest.
  5. KimchiGoddess Augur

Record that stuff and petition it.

I'll be honest though I'm not surprised at all. I figured there'd be more blatant six boxers when the queues died down. Harder to bust someone for that I guess, I don't know how darkpaw could prove to the point of a suspension/ban that one person was the six people in their group. From my understanding it's much easier to prove someone is AFK botting as long as they don't have /tell audio triggers.

I'm also guessing there's versions of emm Q out there that let people log on TLPs. I know the version on red guides won't let you log onto a truebox server through it, only live and test and rizlona.
    Mercanyin likes this.
  6. Hythos Augur

The thing is, I've kept track of all the names I have petitioned.
    Most of them are still on daily.

I've tried to not be critical about policies and enforcement, but it's become a matter of integrity.
    "We're going to make a server and strictly enforce the rules"...

Even with Fallout 76, Bethesda has had the open-communication with their community to let them know that they had banned an amount of "dupers" and exploiters (even on multiple occasions). And that's Bethesda.......

I've just checked on the two 6-box groups I saw yesterday in Lavastorm........................
    They're still go'n strong!

** Edit:
    Hey DPG, this is BS.
    Please enforce your policies.
    Duder likes this.
  7. IlllIllIllIlll Journeyman

If you head out to East Karanas you'll find about 30+ players in the zone. Almost all of them are hiding in a corner and almost certainly auto-foraging. I wrote a short script to parse /who from my logs and see how often they're there. Most of them are online every single time I've checked for several days in a row.

Doesn't matter if you petition, they're still there, autoforaging away.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

They're online every time you're online? Are you also a bot? xD
  9. Tucoh Augur

What's in EK to forage?
  10. Tierdal Augur

Those aren't 6 boxers. It is their wife and aunt.
  11. Monstarz New Member

DBG needs $$, they aren't going to do anything to anyone botting.
  12. Hythos Augur

True, yes they need money.
    Not true, two of the 6-box groups I had reported last night are now finally off-line...
  13. Kiaro Augur

Just gotta do that 100 more time to deplete their stock of duped kronos.
  14. Hythos Augur

You'd think they'd either have run out of druXXXXX encXXXX types of names, or had gotten bored of account & character creation..... I mean after all, we have to click through "I am not a bot" each time, so they clearly couldn't have automated that process too............

Right?
  15. Tucoh Augur

Doesn't take much to ruin their profitability.
  16. Geoux Lorekeeper

Leaves for Qeynos Afternoon Tea.
  17. code-zero Augur

If they could actually dupe Krono, they can't, why bother with setting up groups to farm stuff to sell for Krono? That makes no sense at all
  18. Kiaro Augur

There was a bug few years back that caused a whole lot of krono to enter the system, gonna figure that they didn't catch all of them. Just like ye ole plat dupe that happened back in 00.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

eqmule has said that it's not his program. It's a new player in the space.
  20. code-zero Augur

They won't say exactly how it's tagged but it's tagged. I suspect that they have some sort of block chain scheme going on and since Krono are bound to your account which isn't stored locally on your machine any attempt to use a flagged Krono will get you a nice ban