Weapon collectors

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by smash, Jun 25, 2020.

1. smash Augur

Anyone know why 2 classes are weapon collectors? Bards and rangers.

Seems they want every weapon in the game, even when they have ts weapons. This is true with raid weapons.

I know some who has got 15+ weapons from tov and tbl.
  2. Derka Power Ranger

From a gameplay stand point, some players like to contribute to heals (remote blessing), solo or tank better (lifetap procs, symp lifetap), DPS (dd nuke procs). Most Hybrids get a force proc AA that can really help out in various situations.

I am guilty of collecting them in the past as a ranger but usually rots. And now they collect dust
  3. Tucoh Augur

The force proc AA that bst/rng/bard definitely increase the utility of having different weapons. With that 100% proc rate the heal ToTT is huge. When the character has +heal crit (auspice, ranger/bst AAs, bard's reckless spell) they start to output as much effective healing as a priest spamming heal spells.
    minimind likes this.
  4. minimind The Village Idiot

I know a couple people who still keep 2 of each weapon type (blunt, piece, slash) for the off-chance that they may come across mobs that we strong/weak to certain types (as was common in GoD).

As a berserker who carries a best 2hp, 2hs, 2hb and then a couple utility weapons, I like that mechanic. I wouldn't like it as dual-wielding class.
  5. Nniki Augur

Lol, yep, sounds about right. I collect everything: illusions, mounts, familiars, nimbuses, ornaments, weapons (and shields to an extent), instruments, songs, unique clickies, etc. I used to collect armor sets too but that ended up just being too much space, so I tribute those, except the breastplates, I keep those. I should tribute the majority of the older augments taking up space too.

I place the weapons on the wall in my house (I need to do some reorganization sometime). I typically only collect raid weapons that my class can use unless there's a really cool graphic, in which case I might collect a group weapon or weapon my class can't use.

Why I do this? I don't know, but I do know I have a problem.

In the past, I'd say I was more likely to use different types of weapons in different situations but nowadays I mostly just leave my character /afk in the guild hall and only play for raids.
    minimind likes this.
  6. Cuuthbert Augur

On my bard I am a huge weapons collector and I need more bandoliers. But the biggest reason is I set up bane Bandoliers.
    I have the Following Bandoliers: Fire, Cold and Stun
    So from TOV have 1 of each of those drop weapons and one of each from Nugget TS level. I know there is not that many reasons to bane, but as we saw in TBL and in ROS there were bane mobs. Being able to switch over and use procs to help bane them down was nice DPS and it helped the raid.
    For my normal setup I use to Vampiric Touch weapons because in raid Vampiric Touch is far less resisted than any other proc.
    I also like the stun weapons in the group game, nice keeping the head of the mobs down and not attacking.
    Most of it depends on your style of play and how much effort you want to put into it.
  7. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

As a current Ranger main and former Bard main, I resent this thread.
    Boze and Jennre like this.
  8. Elenderil Lorekeeper

I tend to have two of each weapon class for skill up purposes and as said in case a mob has a particular weakness. Mostly I just equip the two best DPS weapons which is probably a waste as i usually end up sitting back and shooting mobs so avoid giving the healer too much work to do, I'm only a paper tank after all.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

I dont normally collect them, but this expac I ended up with more currency than I can use. Might just craft a few weapons to put on my wall.
  10. Greymantle Augur

Heh , as one of the a forsaid collectors i have a partial answer. As a ranger we have skills in most weapon types. 1 hand slash/pierce/blunt . 2 hand slash/pierce/blunt. Throwing and archery. So when we are leveling we need at least one of each type to increase our skill levels to max for the level.
    I currently have one each of everything in the velium enhanced types.This also give a lot of flexability in what proc's you have availble for whatever situation your happen to be in.

For example for max damage via ranged attacks, i equipt the 2HP spear as the proc on it is lightly resisted and does a ton of damage. If the mob we are attacking has high poison resists i can switch out to ice or fire or one that heals . For melle i normally have the 1HP in main and the 1HS in sec. But i have a hotkey setup that cycles all the 2H types in and out just to vary the procs. Tanking is 1HS + shield.

I do wish they (DB) would make more mob types that are weak vs one type of weapon.
  11. Szilent Augur

There were multiple whole expansions with that as a core mechanic. That folks don't know it, that they just went through those years arbitrarily being less effective than they could/should have been without knowing why if they even recognized that it was happening, explains why they stopped doing it.
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I never broke the habit of keeping all weapon types reasonably current in preparation of future content that could mimic the Weapons Trials from OoW. I collect and keep all manner of DD proc augs as well. That served well in Drusilia's Vault.

Like was said above, force procs and utility make most Rangers and Bard in particular Swiss Army knives. Those HoTT heal procs come in handy. We used to place 3 or 4 Rangers "upstairs" in Smoke raid (Alliance was great for burning down the Golems) and I used to equip 2 of that type of 1HB to help the Shaman healer keep the SK tank up. That kind of thing makes EQ fun, there should be more of that.

The current Ranger Meta kind of takes away from that, a bit. I'm fairly certain I've equipped nothing but a 2HP and a 2HS all summer, depending on the setting. My bandolier must think I'm mad at it. :)
    Cuuthbert, minimind and Derka like this.
  13. Cuuthbert Augur

Also I need more bandoliers
  14. Sir Beefy New Member

I am a Pally...I have all the weapons, plus arrows, knives, bombs etc. for throwing. Because we have no limits to weapons and armor etc, I save whatever's best from each 1h/2h blunt/pierce/slash. I frequently change based on the demand.
    I DO swap for blunt when the stun is tasty.

Also spell sets are the same. I have 20 sets at an given time.:)