Unplugging usb-c headphones freezes client

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Mixxit, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Mixxit Journeyman

Unplugging usb-c headphones freezes client
    Not sure if this is because the sound device will dissapear that eq is using
    Gedwin likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is not an eq bug. Its your computer:)
    lockjaws and Skuz like this.
  3. Zanarnar Augur

Actually, unless it freezes his OS its probably EQ not being able to handle the audio device its using going away. If you were using normal headphones (plugged into the analog ports on your pc) it likely wouldn't be an issue at all. EQClient is so old I'm guessing it just cant handle its audio device dynamically going away and crashes the next time it tries to open it to play a sound.

I'm betting they could fix it, but with all the other issues they have its not likely to get much priority. (I mean, just don't unplug your audio device while the game is running is a pretty easy work-around for it)
    lockjaws and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.
  4. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

if i turn on my pcs hotspot it crashes all my clients i think EQ just hates new things /kidsoffmylawn
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

USB headphones are seen by the OS as stand-alone audio devices. They do not use the onboard sound chip or sound card. If you had a sound card and suddenly yanked it out, well - EQ is going to get grumpy.

Solution would be to either go analog (1/8" plug) or stop unplugging the USB-c headset while logged in.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The problem here is between the chair & the PC
    lockjaws and CatsPaws like this.