Nethryn blocking Overseer quests

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Grym, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Grym New Member

Doesn't matter who I pair him with or which quest is involved, any attempt to use Nethryn results in a quest failed to start message.
    p2aa, cadres, Nennius and 1 other person like this.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Check your agent list to ensure you actually have the agent available.

Also, only work around I've found the last few days when getting this dumb bug is to do a DIFFERENT quest, then go back and do the one I wanted to do (even using the same agents) and it will work.

This has got to be the buggiest thing they have ever come up with.
  3. Grym New Member

I have 3 of him and no agents incapacitated, availability isn't the problem here. Once I switch him out for any other agent the quest starts just fine so it's not the quests either. There's something wrong with this specific agent.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Are you going to the Agents tab and verifying that there actually 3 copies of that agent, or are you simply going off of the agent count on the available agents list on the Quest page?

The agent list on the Quest tab is bugged...it does not report the correct number of agents all the time.
  5. Grym New Member

In hopes of preventing more frustratingly useless responses:

Greetings Traveler,

We've received similar reports about this issue from other players, and we've reported it to our QA and Development Teams for review. We kindly ask that you bear with us as they investigate this issue further, and work towards any necessary fixes.

I'm afraid I don't have an ETA on that for you at this time, but please keep an eye on the official forums (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq) as well as the patch notes (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?forums/game-update-notes-live.9/) for further information as it becomes available.

Additionally, the bug report section of the forums can be found here: http://www.everquest.com/bugs
    I would suggest filing a report in that section as well to further elevate awareness, as other players that may be similarly impacted can chime in and up-vote the issue. Instructions can be found here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/how-to-report-and-upvote-bugs.260061/

I do apologize that we don't have a CS-based solution for you. If a bug is detected, we hope to see it corrected at the development level as soon as humanly possible.

If you have any other in-game issues we can assist you with in the meantime, please feel free to submit another petition at your convenience.

Main Website's Forums:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php
    Sincerely,
    Senior GM Woebot
  6. kdor57 New Member

Ive noticed this happens when the display number of agents in the quest tab is different from the list on the agents tab. I havent seen this happen without that issue being present. However, I have only a few instances of this so hardly a proper data set.
    Velisaris_MS, yepmetoo and Jondalar like this.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

+1 to this, had it happen a few times, looked at every agent, narrowed it down to agents where there was a display bug.

Doesn't matter if you actually have an available agent, like mine said 3 priests, but only had 1, but couldn't use that one in any quest.

I think this may be a consequence of their "fix" for people running into converting more agents than they had, and losing all their agents of that time. Logic probably says if there is a mismatch, you can't run the task.
    lockjaws likes this.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yep, that's the root of the problem...it's a display/sync problem with the agents on the Quest tab.

And it was repeatedly pointed out to the devs as a bug when Overseer first launched...and they did nothing to fix it.
    lockjaws likes this.
  9. lockjaws Augur

I had 4 Chiefs one time and couldn't do a conversion on 3 of them. After logging out and back in, the count went down to 2 Chiefs.

/Overseer is kind of a huge example of how not to program / write code / develop for writing to a slow and over-abused database.
  10. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I’m having a similar issue.

Currently in my agent window I show 1 Firiona Vie agent ready to go.

When attempting to fill slots in a quest, the agent selector shows I have 3 Firiona Vie Agents and it shows an exclamation mark, usually the indicator that you have no more agents or the agent is iconic and either questing or incapacitated. However when that’s the case the button to add the agent to the quest is greyed out preventing you from trying to enlist them in the quest.

What’s happening here however is you are allowed you enlist the agent but trying to begin the quest using the agent fails.

I’m curious if maybe there is a maximum number of agents you can have? I recently finished all unique agents except one on this account and stopped converting common agents I get from critical successes. I wonder if the system is bugging out once you have more agents than it allows for?
  11. p2aa Augur

I had this problem happening today, in a quest involving Nethryn in one of the slot, i had 3 x Lanika uncommon iconic merchant gnome (not sure on exact name) with the exclamation mark and I could select it yeah as Darchon said it, but then the quest didn't start and got a bugged yellow message

Of course the agent tab list was listing 1 x Lanika.

I didn't check though if the 3 x Lanika appeared after I had put Nethryn in the quest slot, I will check more closely if this bug happens with another agent or before putting Nethryn in the quest slot.

I first logged back to char screen, then back in game, opened overseer window, and the bug was still there.
    I logged off completly of the game, and restart launcher etc, and the bug was gone, I was back to 1 x Lanika in the quest tab, and I could start my quest with Nethryn in it.