Confirmed Heretic's Twincast

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Santrigan, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Santrigan Lorekeeper

Hi,

When I use Heretic's Twincast anf then cast Mourgis' Swift Decay and Ilsaria's Swift decay it deduces 5 counters per cast, I'm guessing it should be only two?

Cheers,
    Santrigan
  2. birdsong_pawn Augur

Confirmed that they are using five counters each.

Looking at a cast of one of these spells (e.g. Mourgis' Swift Decay):
    • The weak "base" spell is using one counter. That one should be excluded from twincasting in the next round of changes.
    • The two main dots (Mourgis' Decay and Hoshkar's Swift Sickness) should be using one counter each, as expected.
    • I can't figure out why two additional counters are being eaten.
  3. birdsong_pawn Augur

4. menown Augur

Necro Heretic's Twincast AA needs:
    • Increase the min mana cost on slot 3.
    'Limit Min Mana Cost: 10' to 'Limit Min Mana Cost: 100'

This will prevent weak countered procs, such as Flesh to Poison and Flesh to Venom, from consuming counters.
    • Add Twincast Blocker to several spells.
    Swarm Pets:
    [22528], [22529], [22530], Level 85 'Call Skeleton Swarm'
    [26477], [26478], [26479], Level 90 'Call Skeleton Crush'
    [29604], [29605], [29606], Level 95 'Call Skeleton Host'
    [35649], [35650], [35651], Level 100 'Call Skeleton Throng'
    [44478], [44479], [44480], Level 105 'Call Skeleton Mob'
    [56672], [56673], [56674], Level 110 'Call Skeleton Army'
    [59973], [59974], [59975], Level 115 'Call Skeleton Horde'

Combo DoT Trigger Spells:
    [49219], Level 104 'Ilsaria's Swift Decay'
    [58145], Level 110 'Mourgis' Swift Decay'

These spells have a trigger spell that does 1 point of damage, and therefore qualifies as a twincastable spell. Heretic's Twincast counters are wasted on these spells entirely. Swarm pets are not twincastable. Combo DoTs get twincast twice with no benefit beyond the first twincast, plus the trigger spell consumes a counter.

Please hit like on the original post to get these changes implemented. We need more likes.
    B0HICA and Emarra like this.
  5. Sancus Augur

Riou likes this.
  6. Santrigan Lorekeeper

I also found That Heretics Twincast uses two charges when you twincast Wounds line Dots.
  7. menown Augur

That is not a bug. The wounds line uses 2 different DoTs. If any change were made, then only the first DoT would receive a twincast. Not something that any necro I know would want.
  8. Mrtyu Developer

Since the necro DoT revamp, has this still been happening? I cannot reproduce any longer.
  9. Jaylnn Gnomish Bog Jogger

Just replying since a dev asked. If you are refering to the combo dot, yes it is. The spells were changed both in name and what spell it usesm but it still has the same end result.

Before when you cast it did

[Fri Dec 20 20:39:18 2019] You begin casting Mourgis' Swift Decay.
    [Fri Dec 20 20:39:20 2019] You twincast Mourgis' Decay Rk. III.
    [Fri Dec 20 20:39:20 2019] You twincast Hoshkar's Swift Sickness Rk. III.
    [Fri Dec 20 20:39:20 2019] You twincast Mourgis' Swift Decay.
    [Fri Dec 20 20:39:20 2019] You twincast Mourgis' Decay Rk. III.
    [Fri Dec 20 20:39:20 2019] You twincast Hoshkar's Swift Sickness Rk. III.

You would cast the spell, and it would cast the two dots it is triggered to cast, but it would twincast the spell itself, causing it to twincast the 2 spells in it again. In stead of using 2 triggers for just the dots inside, it casts another round (main spell and the 2 triggers again).

It has now changed to not cast the swift dots, but to cast both disease dots.. It does the same thing as before.
    [Thu Jun 25 19:12:28 2020] You begin casting Mourgis' Grip of Decay.<-- Main spell
    [Thu Jun 25 19:12:30 2020] You twincast Mourgis' Decay Rk. III. <-- Triggered spell 1 counter used
    [Thu Jun 25 19:12:30 2020] You twincast Grip of Kraz Rk. III. <--- Triggered spell- 2 counters used
    [Thu Jun 25 19:12:30 2020] You twincast Mourgis' Grip of Decay. <--- Twincase main spell -- 3 counter used
    [Thu Jun 25 19:12:30 2020] You twincast Mourgis' Decay Rk. III.<----- Retriggered spell-- 4 counters used
    [Thu Jun 25 19:12:30 2020] You twincast Grip of Kraz Rk. III.<---- Retriggered spell-- 5 counters used

It should stop after the Mourgis Decay and Grip of Kraz cast, but it retriggers the entire spell again. I dont know if adding a twincast blocker will stop the triggered spells from twincasting.

It is easy to replicate, if you use Heretics Twincast and cast either Mourgis' Grip of Decay. (ID58145) or Livianus' Grip of Decay (ID49219) then you will see it consume 5 counters of twincast instead of 2.

On another topic, along the same lines. I don't know how other necros feel about Flesh to venom and Flesh to poison, but the counters can be consumed quickly on the Burning Venom and Burning Poison procs off it if not clicked off before a burn. They both have mana on the procs (so it could proc the old twincast). But we no longer use that method of to twincast, and the mana on it makes it consume charges. The mana req may need to be removed, or a twincast blocker on the spells and their triggers.
    Knowm and Duder like this.
  10. menown Augur

Heretic's Twincast needs to up the mana cost restriction to prevent Burning Venom/Poison procs from consuming charges. This would be way easier than adding twincast blockers to 2 proc spell lines and future spells within the line. The poison procs, which only cost 10 mana, are a waste of twincast counters as they do so little damage. Necros have been clicking off the proc buff before using heretic's twincast. This is a bad design.

Heretic's Twincast [51491]
    Slot 1: Increase Chance to Twincast by 100%
    Slot 2: Limit Type: Detrimental
    Slot 3: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10 (Change to 100)
    Slot 4: Limit Effect: Current Hit Points
    Slot 5: Limit Effect: Exclude Twincast Blocker
    Slot 6: Stacking: Block New Spell if Slot 1 is Twincast Chance and Less Than 150

As for the 2 combo DoTs (Livianus' Grip of Decay [49219] and Mourgis' Grip of Decay [58145]), I agree that the simple fix would be to add a twincast blockers to the container DoT. This would have to be tested to see if it works. Next expansion, necros are likely to receive an upgrade to this line. It would be nice to know on expansion launch that this line plays nicely with Heretic's Twincast AA.

Livianus' Grip of Decay [49219]
    Slot 1: Cast Highest Rank Known: Livianus' Decay
    Slot 2: Cast Highest Rank Known: Grip of Jabaum
    Slot 3: Decrease Current Hit Points by 1 per tick
    Slot 4: Stacking: Twincast Blocker <- (Add this Twincast Blocker slot)

Mourgis' Grip of Decay [58145]
    Slot 1: Cast Highest Rank Known: Mourgis' Decay
    Slot 2: Cast Highest Rank Known: Grip of Kraz
    Slot 3: Decrease Current Hit Points by 1 per tick
    Slot 4: Stacking Twincast Blocker <- (Add this Twincast Blocker slot)