Necromancer - June 17 Game Update Notes

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Jhinx, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

Anyone have an idea what it means to "use resource taps rather than a reflected recourse spell"? What affect will this have - or is this just us peaking behind the scenes at something that changes nothing for us?
    Thanks

Reference:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-june-17-2020.268216/
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

From EQ Resource (it's the Test Necro changes since Live changes haven't hit their db just yet):
    https://spells.eqresource.com/histo...&mdy=06092020&source=test&Submit=Submit Query

I'm not a necro, nor do I play one on TV … but it looks to me like those spells used to land a recourse buff on the caster and that buff is where the healing would be … and now it's just part of the dot on the mob.

So … less buffs?
    Riou likes this.
  3. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

solving the wrong buff cap issue /mourn

Also, it means extremely OP healing ability, since each instance of the DoT returns healing now, rather than the single recourse
    kizant likes this.
  4. pickles Journeyman

SHOCKER !
    Necros get Nurfed again .....
  5. Dawgrin New Member

What I am worried about is whether this means that the heals will stop coming when the mob dies. Before a necro could cast the and the recourse buff would continue healing for the remainder of the ticks even after the mob casted on had died. Now the mob has to stay alive to get any heals. So no more casting on a low level mob or on a mob at the end of the fight to get some regen.
  6. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

Thanks~
  7. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

I dropped Vampiric Curse on a level 1 beetle, 300ish mana for it to tick once, heal me for 210, beetle dies, and I won't ever use that spell again.
  8. Clawzzx New Member

Personally I’m totally fine with this change. 2x dmg and 3-8x the healing for about 2x the mana. For the lowbies, skullcap still applies a recourse buff.
  9. Siddar Augur

Sometimes I ask my self if it was worth giving up necro recourse taps to get enchanter mana recourse nerfed.

Then I say yes yes it was.

Cept I don't remember shift life draw ever having broken recourse like the rest.