The AFK necro bots at Hill Giants on Aradune, do these ever get banned?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sethisto, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Tierdal Augur

How is it hard for this "Dedicated" GM to just log on and watch these AFK bots sit in the same spot every day?
    Xanathol and KimchiGoddess like this.
  2. Whitesoul Journeyman

They don't care. I reported someone who was using "Monk Track" and an automated clicker. They did absolutely nothing. They don't care because it's $$$ in pocket.
  3. haaaalp Augur

TLP players are so pathetic.
    Dythan likes this.
  4. Protagonist Tank

/report is deprecated.

Open a petition.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Considering the fact I've seen players selling 1000 stacks of deepwater ink since agnarr, I'm going out on a limb and saying they don't care.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  6. KimchiGoddess Augur

I don't know how they managed to confirm that it was botting, but I did a petition on someone once who would leave their toons running automated in Tactics, deep in the zone somewhere bot farming stuff. I knew that they had audio triggers and stuff and I also knew that they would leave it running while they were working and sleeping. They also had scripts that would do /who all GM and sound an alert if one was online and not anon. I included all of this in the petition and all his accounts were banned.

Of course he just started 6 new ones and they never keep their krono stockpiles on their AFK botters, so yeah ;p

But anyway you're actually correct I feel like this was just a perfect storm that ended up with confirmation of cheating and the banhammer coming down. 99.9% of the time it's not that easy.

edit: my experience comes from Agnarr.
  7. Xanathol Augur

Did you really believe they would have GMs watching the server past launch?
    TrollMan and Pumpernickel like this.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

/report should always be accompanied by a petition so that they know what it is about as all that does is report some lines from the chat window. The GM's won't know what to look for if you don't also include a petition.
  9. Redgnome1 Lorekeeper

Yea botters dont keep krono on their bot chars they do dumps

you wont win or stop this as long as you have RMT or real money kronos , also most of you need jobs asap
  10. Tucoh Augur

Doesn't take much anti-botting enforcement to cut into the profitability of a giant farming op.
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

While botting is bad and has a measureable detriment on the server economy, the stacks of deep water ink entering the game should be viewed as a blessing to everyone except people hoping to make huge profits off potions. It enables dirt cheap alchemy (which is good for the shamans who want to raise their skill) but also means potions are cheap and plentiful. If ink wasn't an abundant resource and everyone had to farm their own potions would cost 10x more if not more than that. *shrug*
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

Yeah, you think you hate botters until you're forced to farm your own TS mats.
  13. Zarth New Member

Damn you seem to protest a lot about this thread, you happen to have a couple of Necros camping HG?
  14. tofu stir fry Augur

honestly trying to fight this is a moot point .... the same guys have been doing this on the last three TLPs .. if they get banned within a week there back at it .... just ignore them and move on to something worth your time .... RMT isnt going away ... its always been in the game and krono just cemented that fact
  15. TrollMan Elder

Couldn't have said it better. DBG encourages this kind of behavior. They say it's not allowed, but clearly don't care or mind.
  16. PeterPansicle Journeyman

It's extremely sad but also very true. If they're going to turn a blind eye to it the least they could do is tweak pick spawn numbers so that more picks pop and allow other people to also enjoy some of these camps.
  17. PeterPansicle Journeyman

Oh so you're one of them, got it.
  18. Dontaskme New Member

Don't feed the trolls is what they say. I normally would not even respond to stuff like that but all you have to do is read his profile and see he's been Trolling since his first post in April of 2018, Worship. Not one helpful post has he contributed. Pathetic that he devoted so much time to bothering others and that so many people fall for his bait. He is persistent though and he won't quit. So just ignore people like that.
    PeterPansicle likes this.
  19. PeterPansicle Journeyman

Yeah someone just gave me a heads up in another thread, apparently he made a thread about being a troll or something. Definitely a few bricks short of a load.
  20. KimchiGoddess Augur

Definitely not worth engaging, I added him to ignore and the forums are a much better place. It actually makes for some funny threads because it completely removes his posts from the thread. So you see what seems to be someone talking to themselves over and over, hehe ;p