Selo Truebox

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pappasalt, Jun 19, 2020.

1. KimchiGoddess Augur

My work hours are 10pm-6am EST I doubt I'll find a raid guild that starts at 7 or 8am EST ;p
  2. Aegir Augur

The latest post regarding this, was drowning in 14-15 pages of Queue/lag/zone-time complaints for Aradune. I was trying to search for it the other day, but I had no luck going back 18 pages on the TLP discussion forum.

Dedicated TLP players are looking for common ground with the devs for the future of their dedicated servers, but with a TLP forum for all eras, including recent performance complaints with the latest, I kinda understand why people are making desperate bumps making sure, that their request are read by the people responsible.
    Tweakfour17, KimchiGoddess and Skuz like this.
  3. Duality Augur

Closest thing I've found to that was 1:30pm EST from the CET guilds. I think I've only seen one guild on a TLP that raided EST mornings but it had a very bad foundation.

Now how about that truebox getting dropped?!
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Since we are wish listing things, I would like to see the mission arc spells from DoDh put on the PoK vendors at TSS launch. Having to wait till SoF to see those spells sucks.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  5. Duality Augur

I bet you non truebox would help you get those faster
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

It would though I would personally prefer what some other's have mentioned and for it to happen later. How much later I haven't really formed an opinion on. That it should happen, I think so.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

Having access to spells sooner either via research or PoK would be welcome by alot, especially on the ones where you need to complete group missions to aquire them.
    Back on topic though, I wonder if today is the day a dev will comment on if Truebox can be removed at some point in a mature TLPs life cycle?
  8. Aneuren Tempered Steel

What's actually interesting is that the posts in this thread covered a spread from Thursday to Friday to Saturday to Sunday to Monday, without really any breaks or irrelevant additions to the conversation.

I've actually always been somewhat unsure (both here and on Reddit) on the etiquette for when it's appropriate to search for and comment on an older thread, rather than posting a completely fresh thread.
    Skuz and Rasper Helpdesk like this.
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

Yeah, some people get uppity if you necro a 3 year old thread even if the discussion remains relevant. Our best bet is to probably keep this thread going as long as possible, more views/replies and keep it staying on main page will hopefully attract the devs sooner than later. Still crossing my fingers for today =D
  10. Korea numbah3 Elder

We had enough of those "Today?" Threads going a few months ago!! Hopefully they are talking about truebox internally and will soon announce a change coming!

I also think removing true box restrictions would actually make finding a group easier. I know I would be more likely to ask someone to join up and drop a toon oog if I didn't have to put as much effort into running them. They do it on live servers all the time. Join up and stay LFG till ya find something more normal!
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

You aren't wrong, I think the guy was doing it as a way to bump the thread w/o just writing bump, like "Today, yes?" was a new question haha

I agree, all around it would be a nice QoL improvement. Have not really heard any solid counter points yet either...
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Riddish Lorekeeper

I wouldn't be opposed to removing truebox from TLPs after a certain point. If they removed truebox from Agnarr I'd opened 1-2 more accounts today.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

if they removed truebox then it would almost assuredly be sometime around level 70 and at or just before por. Not sure when agnarr gets there, but I doubt it's soon.
  14. Kakashi77 Elder

There's no value sustaining truebox on TLP servers past a certain point that's impacted by newer TLP's. Truebox was meant to encourage grouping where population is healthy; unless DPG stops dishing out new TLPs every year something's gotta give. Reducing the stress of sustaining guilds on older TLPs by removing truebox after a certain expansion should be applied to all current and future truebox TLPs.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. VandilIzer Augur

This is 100% correct.

Seriously, just remove Truebox from all servers past SoD, Mercs fill in allot but all TLP's past that point are far away from needing or wanting Truebox and it is only a hindrance to those servers at that point. We all get the need for truebox early on for most TLP's it does a great job forcing more peopel to group up, however later in the game when boxing on live was much more common allot of things are both smoother and frankly better when you can fill in with a box to do certain farming, quests, etc without having to run 2+ computers to do it.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. ForumBoss Augur

The real question and overlooked concern is, what would you do with all the extra desk space if truebox was removed? I'd have to prepare 4 course meals to fill the void.
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

I'll be able to spread the pile of papers over more of the desk.

And my carbon footprint will go down.
  18. PeterPansicle Journeyman

It would be nice if they'd drop Truebox after a certain point. I wish there was more communication from the devs on this type of stuff.
  19. Duality Augur

I would like to see it gone at OOW. Once you hit that, there are usually new TLPs and normally the players still on the server are planning on sticking around. The next few expansions are like getting stuck in the mud.
    ForumBoss and KimchiGoddess like this.
  20. KimchiGoddess Augur

As much as I think they'll never change a thing, I totally back this idea, OOW would be a great point for this to happen.