Ranger bow primary and secondary

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Rngr0122, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Rngr0122 New Member

Hi,

Are the best ones still obulus and darkened cone of mystics?
  2. Brohg Augur

if you can get one during the month each year its raid is live, the Darkened Trakanon's Tooth has a DD sympathetic proc instead of Darkened Cone's mana proc; depending on fight duration that would be preferred. On the "evergreen" side, Possessed Dreadstone Huntsman's Axe also has one, but just 16 hDex instead of 25 like Tooth or 19+55=74 on Cone
  3. Cicelee Augur

Is there anything Brohg does not know about EQ???
  4. Brohg Augur

Mostly it's not what I'd call "my" knowledge. I ask a lot of questions; I'm good at remembering the answers. And my google-fu (magelo/allas/raidloot/eqresource/etc) is strong :)
    minimind, code-zero and Cicelee like this.
  5. Rngr0122 New Member

Ahhh gotcha thanks, appreciate it.
  6. Rngr0122 New Member

I didn't want to start a new thread...but what about bow augs? Still the proc augs from TDS? Which is what I have.
  7. Brohg Augur

Yep, Siren's Demise & Venomous Tear
  8. Rngr0122 New Member

thanks man, appreciate responses. I assume none of those augs from TBL you need achieves for are better?
  9. Brohg Augur

they're much better, but they don't fit range slot :(
  10. Hoskins New Member

Ok, so a 110 Ranger that does not raid should sit back nuke and shoot? I have max AA all gear is either T3 or GMM. I have (all in the Bank) the Possessed Dreadstone Huntsman's Axe, Tome of Oblus and Oathbound Hammer. Aug for the Bow is Siren's Demise(Grim Memento in bank). What 2 Weapons items should I use in pri and sec? Should I go buy Venomous Tear instead or Siren's Demise?
    thanks
  11. Moldar Augur

I would work on getting the Venomous Tear, the proc on it is slightly higher than Siren's Demise.

You want to make sure that as you "sit back nuke and shoot" you'e close enough that you can cast Jolting Wheel Kicks everytime it is available it is a serious DPS tool, that gives you 3 procs of Synergy which will proc 100% on every type of skill based attack including Kick, Bash, Backstab, Flying Kick, Frenzy, (all of the others as well), and all Archery attacks. The base proc's damge is something like 14,500, and it has a chance to critical.

As far as weapons if you're going to just be bowing primarily then you want some sort of a weapon that has a sympathetic damage proc or sympathetic healing proc on it (damage ones tend to come from raids, so your best bet is to acquire a healing one, then work on getting a DPS one, unless you have a darkened cone of mystics, then I would suggest that one), currently the tome of obulos is your best secondary option at the current moment for both mana return and DPS.

Generally speaking archery is going to be your best bet unless you're in a group set up that is extemly melee favorable (and that usually only ever happens in raids), and even then it is stupidly close there really is no parseable difference. So yes Ranged DPS is going to be the best thing you can do.
  12. Hoskins New Member

Thanks Moldar. I'm working on getting it now.
  13. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

You can get and equip both.
    Hoskins likes this.
  14. Szilent Augur

not in group bows. raid bows have two aug slots
    Hoskins and Tarvas like this.
  15. McGraw New Member

Ok,
    Now that ToV has been out for a while... Whats the best non-Raiding combo for a group geared ranger. That's Primary, Secondary and Bow with all the augs? Looking forward to all opinions and thank you.
    Hoskins of Bristlebane
  16. Derka Power Ranger

Best non raid setup would be:
    Bow: Ice Encrusted Compound Bow with reactive velium infused gem of striking and venomous tear.
    Primary: Velium Infused Spear with reactive velium infused gem of devastation. (9k sympathetic procs stack up quick)
    Type 5s will be the new Jasper dex augs

There are other setups for more mana conservation but that would be best DPS.
    McGraw likes this.
  17. McGraw New Member

a 2Hander for ranger!!?
  18. Szilent Augur

19. Derka Power Ranger

It's mostly for the sympathetic wave of poison. Under burns with cheetah, one summer's cast can easily yield 250k+ damage from wave of poison procs. Multiply that by the rate at which we can spam cast
    McGraw likes this.