Can GM confirm if Guise Of Deceiver is now permanent drop?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kartis-Coirnav, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Kartis-Coirnav New Member

Its still dropping on Mangler, and Mangler is on Planes of Power. Will this be the same for Aradune?
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

Aaaaand you just ruined it for everyone.
  3. Kartis-Coirnav New Member

Hey man, just trying to see if I should buy a LR or not lol. Cause if its permanent you know I don't need to rush it for my alts, and I can save alot of krono getting it on a few alts :D
  4. Dazinth New Member

Got mine on mangler less than a week ago, idk if aradune will be the same.
  5. Kubo New Member

If people haven't gotten their mask by PoP, then they don't need it. This guy ruined nothing.
  6. Pumpernickel Lorekeeper

This is why we can't have nice things.
    Xanadas likes this.
  7. Riddish Lorekeeper

Bring back guise availability on agnarr then! :)
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

If it was dropping it's a fluke. I went on server and checked and it's dropping the Mask of Deception. From the sounds of it, from a player I encountered while checking, it fixed itself.
  9. Imukai Augur

The obvious answer is to just roll a dark elf.

To support this, the obvious followup is to allow dark elves to be any class.
  10. Kergan New Member

When is it supposed to change from deceiver to deception on Aradune?
  11. Zansobar Augur

I believe it is a little bit after Kunark launches.
  12. Truetotheblue Augur

I was wondering who stole my Assassin camp earlier.. you probably got it on the first try too. Typical...
  13. Protagonist Tank

120 days after server launch.
    Yinla and Duality like this.
  14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Actually it's 90 days. The variable used for this calculations uses 30 day months. And it's checking for 3 months.
    The time diff we use for expansion unlocks are 4 week intervals (28 days) So we can have them happen on the same day of the week (where 30 day will shift the day around each unlock which is more disruptive to players.)
    that means that it will last approximately 6 days within Kunark.
    Skuz and Tucoh like this.
  15. Captain Video Augur

Umm, not to be a pain in the rear, but... doesn't six days after Kunark unlock = 90 days after server launch? (I'm not interested in one of those mask things, so it doesn't matter to me either way.)
  16. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Actually you are correct. I was not thinking on my math correctly.

It's 3 months, at 30 days per month. So 90 days.

I corrected my comment above.
  17. Korea numbah3 Elder

Was this ever changed? I was getting multiple people saying different things a couple years ago, so when coirnav launched I started keeping track and the last time I personally saw the guise was 93 days into the server. And while they could have been troll posts, I kept seeing loot rights being auctioned up to day 105.
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

What probably happened is... the daylight savings problem we fixed.
    The code that calculates the 30 days uses "EPOC (UNIX) time" which does nto accoutn for Daylight savings time.
    The 30 days is 30 days to the second. That one hour shift was NOT accounted for, and when the 90th day should have triggered, it was 89 days 23 hours... so it says "Oh, its' not 90 days... we'll check again in 30 days..." which makes it 120 days. So it would only happen if a DST change was just right...
    We fixed the DST issue, so it should go okay. And... if it last 120 days... I'm not that worried about it. WE just don't want a year or two...
    Prathun, Boze and Bittin Darear like this.
  19. Tierdal Augur

why are there no dark elf bards :(
  20. Tucoh Augur

caves don't have the right acoustics
    Aneuren and Teylana like this.