Why are guilds raid mobs for hours every day?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Whatsgoingonthistlp, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Whatsgoingonthistlp New Member

Just curious, what has changed on this TLP where all the sudden guilds are back to p**psocking OW raid mobs? I've played the TLP's for a long time and last time I remember this happening on a daily basis for non-epic stuff is back before MOTM was added. Yesterday I watched two guilds p**psock naggy for nearly 7 hours, with peak numbers hitting over 200 in zone. It seems to be an every day occurrence over the last few weeks. It reminds me of back in fippy days where guilds p**psocked mobs with army's of SK's to insta HT the mob, even more so because it appears TEB rolled all monks/wizards. They had 46 wizard/monks in solb yesterday.

It's just been interesting to watch this happening again, although my group was camping skarlorn for 2 hours and it wasn't very fun when it finally popped to see 200 people rush in and KS it before my very eyes.

Also, how is it even possible when there was 5 hour que's, within a minute of OW mob spawns you see 100 That's EQ Baby pour in? Are they being forced to poopsock 2 zones over?
    Xanathol likes this.
  2. Tucoh Augur

Better question: Why struggle through TLP instead of just rolling on live where you can get a full suit of defiant gear and have a merc carry you for the first 60 or so levels?

The answer is basically the same: because it's fun.
    FubarEQ likes this.
  3. Arrk Augur

There was almost no queue most of the day yesterday...
  4. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

5. HicksAradune Augur

To answer this question - our guild just is extremely fast when it comes to mobilisation. Sometimes even i cant believe it.

And other guilds are almost forced to poopsock and hope they catch us sleeping one time to get an OW kill.

Btw, thanks for the Mithril Arms :)
  6. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Poop socking
    Fun

Pick one
    Vinlail and Xanathol like this.
  7. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]
  8. Arrk Augur

Nothing wrong with a good old fashion poopsock... the conversations in chat during those times are a lot of gold moments...
  9. Aegir Augur

The only good thing about Poopsock is, that it eventually caused Devs to implement AoC's on all future TLP servers.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

One of my favorite EQ nights was the 5 way poopsock event trying to get Seru keyed. 200+ people in 7 picks, everyone drunk and over caffeineated.
  11. Alakshak Journeyman

The reasons for po*psocking is one of necessity if you really think about it. Lets take a look at one of the better dragon items, Cloak of Flames.

Naggy can drop up to 2 of them per kill. You have 12 weeks where classic is "in era". So even with amazing luck if you only do DZs that is a grand total of 24 Cloaks during classic. This is assuming he drops two every week and your first kill happens week one.

Now, how many classes does your raid force roll with that would make great use of it? Most likely more characters than cloaks to go around.

There are only two ways to circumnavigate this problem. Either you fight for OW targets or you split your raid force and do targets with the bare minimum amount of people which also then requires all of those people to bring their A game. Lets face it even the big dogs usually have 20% filler (bad players). So their ability to split is hampered by that filler.

So they po*psock open world.

Some expansions are worse than others but Classic and Kunark are particularly bad for this due to the limited amount of encounters.
  12. Kiaro Augur

The dudes (the ones I personally know from back on Fennin Ro) who are in Thats EQ Baby are some of the best players you will find in this game. They CREATED the A Game. They're great dudes if you understand that you will not get any brownie points for crying in your cereal about them rolling you on loot.

I mean, compared to what TMO and DoA(and its many iterations) did to each other (and everyone else who just happened to be in the way) back then, makes stealing one Skarlon from you a laughable thing to get upset about. At least you still have your levels.
  13. Whitesoul Journeyman

14. Xanathol Augur

Some people are sad on the inside and think they can find relief making people sad in a game.
    Pelrond likes this.
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

literally comes down to the fact that it's one of the few meta games involving the MMO aspect of EQ.

There's no more discovery, we all know the gear is meaningless, and for a lot of people there isn't much to actually do in EQ outside of raiding (especially in early EQ).

So you end up with the situation where high playtime players have literally nothing better to do if they're playing EQ.
  16. Arrk Augur

17. Tierdal Augur

Poop socking

No Loot (fixed*)
  18. Thez69 Elder

some people still doing both
  19. Fixit Journeyman

It's not the loot, because most of it sucks. It's the thrill of the race. Honestly I just hope that other guilds can step up and actually race.
  20. Dazinth New Member

You dont need to wait in the queue if you sit in character select with an autoclicker hitting the rotate button... might have something to do with it