Can Darkpaw pleeeaasse for the love of Pete fix rogues?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rebelicious, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Baradorn Lorekeeper

I don't know, I'm not playing a rogue.
  2. KimchiGoddess Augur

But on live (and TLP) the backstabbing mobs will backstab you from the front, wtf?!
  3. Sarvis Journeyman

If you adopt a rogue the onus is on you to have them spayed or neutered. But since the crisis of rogue homelessness swells maybe direct action by Darkpaw is warranted.
  4. Arclyte Augur

maybe a bandaid fix that improves backstab modifier for popular classic/kunark weapons only? so it doesnt affect any future expansions
  5. Tucoh Augur

Tons of trivial changes that DPG could make. No idea which dev was tasked with the enchanter change, but I'm surprised they don't do a quick balance pass before each TLP.
  6. Kudofo New Member

Wouldn't it be nice to see a dps class that can really only open doors actually get to do some dps? Maybe? Any utility to them at all? #roguelivesmatter
  7. Arclyte Augur

Or add more lethal traps / locked doors to the game :)
  8. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I don't know enough about the finer points of Rogues to understand how best to buff them, but I certainly believe they are due for an improvement. Just by the numbers alone, I see less Rogues playing than other DPS classes whenever I look and, on TLP servers where popularity is often synonymous with class power, I feel that this alone conveys a message.
  9. bbqpulledpork New Member

its been so long since ive seen a rogue I forgot they were even in the game.

Mob in camp!
    Mage and rogue initiate combat!
    Auto attack is on!
    Rogue pierces a werebat for 6 damage!
    Rogue swings but misses!
    Rogue backstabs a werebat for 21 damage!
    Gabarn hits a werebat for 18!
    Rogue pierces a werebat for 11 damage!
    Rogue swings but misses!
    Rogue can't backstab, it's still on cooldown!
    Mage fireball hits werebat for 218!
    Werebat dies!
    You gain experience!
    Aneuren likes this.
  10. Maneuvre Augur

11. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I believe this is what you were looking for :p

Bard summons water from his boots
    Druid: You mind?
    Bard summons food from his pants
    Bard: What? Can't you see I'm using my armor's special abilities
    Rogue backstabs A Sky Blue Dragon for 400 damage
    Jenkins backstabs A Sky Blue Dragon for 500 damage
    Jenkins laughs an elemental laugh at Rogue
  12. Dexxeaa00 Elder

Please do something for the rogues if they are not performing well. The idea of making the rogue more powerful is great. I play a rogue on Aradune
  13. Bullwyf Journeyman

Careful here or they'll nerf mages
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

Rogues don't want that. It's just an annoyance.
    Tucoh likes this.
  15. Arclyte Augur

once upon a time this game was supposed to be an RPG and not just an illustrated DPS meter :\
  16. Kiaro Augur

As someone who generally ends up leading raids, I don't want that either.
    Me: Ok theres a manadrain trap around the corner, no one poke your hea....&%@!. Ok rogues please go disarm that before we get hit with it again.
    Rogue(singular): I never trained my disarm trap skill.
    &%@!
    Accipiter likes this.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

That's the problem. Rogues were absolutely about DPS and little utility. Sure pick locks and disarm traps was there from the beginning but then Sony decided they needed some utility (probably feedback from rogues at the time). So they came up with smoke bombs and other dumb stuff to "help" rogues. It just made the class messy, IMO.
    Rebelicious likes this.
  18. merkmerk73 Journeyman

I am curious what holds devs back from some small changes?

A normal damage front stab would allow rogues to at least solo greens during downtime

Some small buffs would go a long way
    Rebelicious likes this.
  19. Honkietonk Lorekeeper

Rogues are in a pretty sorry state, and have been forever during classic on TLPs. I doubt that'll suddenly change. On the plus side, if you really, really want to play one, their gear is pretty cheap as a result.