The AFK necro bots at Hill Giants on Aradune, do these ever get banned?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sethisto, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Sethisto Elder

Every time I swing by hill giants in Rathe mountains, there are always teams of duo necros sitting there completely 100% bots just killing on one HJ spawn point. You can train them all day and they just mindlessly attack whatever is next to them. A lot of people have started using them as a sort of finisher once mobs are at 50%.

Wasn't this supposed to be a GM patrolled server? How are they not banned yet?
  2. KimchiGoddess Augur

Did you submit a petition including all details of the automated AFK gameplay? Were you able to record evidence and include it with your petition? Because if you do nothing, nothing happens.
  3. Relentless Insomnia

Make rogues and pick pocket the mobs as they are killing them lol
    Imyur, Mezrah and Dexxeaa00 like this.
  4. Sethisto Elder

Playing better is dotting giants to 50% and dragging them over so the necros finish them because they are literally afk turrets that will do this all day.
    Dunamys likes this.
  5. Tierdal Augur

Nope. It is the same Chinese guy on every TLP paying his rent with Hill Giant platinum.

He lives by his PC and has an audio trigger that fires when a GM tells him.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

At least tell the whole story.

He doesn't even know if the GINA trigger even works because he never had to use it yet.
    Dexxeaa00 and Pumpernickel like this.
  7. dirgenoobforreal New Member

Yes of course, thats why the server was announced with full GM support. Just PM them, if you ever manage to find one online.

Another marketing stun with zero following up.
  8. Imukai Augur

I think one necro crew on Mangler got banned once. Maybe. Wouldn't bet on it happening tho.
  9. Machen New Member

For what it's worth, he's not on Rizlona. Funny, you would think he might be, since boxing is allowed here. But there are typically hill giants up for minutes at a time before anyone pulls them.
  10. Dunamys New Member

While much of the community is great, there are a tremendous amount of turds too :)
  11. Boosi Lorekeeper

Lol good point. Does a dedicated GM even exist? I’ve never seen in game nor seen any kind of announcement on who our gm was. Was this a scam?
  12. Xeris Augur

There are GMs...
  13. KimchiGoddess Augur

I haven't seen one in my brief stint on Aradune or my longer stint on Rizlona. I've seen some other people post that they initially saw a GM around giving out cake and stuff.

I think the dedicated GM server we all expected upon it's announcement is radically different than the dedicated GM server darkpaw actually planned for.

I honestly see no difference in the petition system, it's still support tickets, I still get answers from random GM names that I've had responses from on previous TLPs. They never did the GM introduction they promised.

I'm not sure if the Aradune launch was kind of an arrow to the knee for them and things kind of went out the window or what. But the GM announcement/introduction stuff should have happened prior to the server launches, so they definitely dropped the ball on that one.

The GM dedicated servers seem no different than any other TLP.
  14. tofu stir fry Augur

perhaps these Gms are stuck in the cue as well? hahahahah
    Tucoh and Thewiz like this.
  15. Thrawnseg Augur

There are now 2 sets of AFK necro's in Rathe. One on each side of the hill. They have been reported multiple times.
    Xanathol likes this.
  16. Weebles101 Journeyman

To answer the OP: "No"

All the GM's do is send a message to the botters to verify they are "at keyboard." The botters are then notified IRL via software and respond to the GM.

Essentially, you can bot all you want as long as you reply to check-ins.

To clarify: This is based on my observation and experiences reporting botters. Even people that were very clearly automating entire teams (tank pulling everything that enters radius in a robotic fashion)... things that a human can very clearly observe within 30 seconds, are almost never banned/suspended, and I do know for a fact that this software enables triggers for receiving tells and such.
  17. Silver-Crow Augur

Sounds like a great time to roll up a character called Gmorning or something like that and send them tells repeatedly to trigger the tell alert. Once on the ignore list, rinse and repeat :).

Heck maybe encourage the whole server to send them tells on a random basis
  18. Weebles101 Journeyman

Yeah I don’t know exactly how it works. It may be configured to detect if the tell is from a GM vs a normal player. Or it may not be sophisticated enough to do that. Not sure.
  19. Mercanyin Augur

Come on, the GM is still in the Queue.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  20. Whitesoul Journeyman

I highly doubt DBG cares to be quite honest. It's money in their pockets. A dedicated GM is probably doing other stuff that won't lose them money. GM's can easily tell when there's a bot / automated program but like I said... if they ban this person, they lose on potential money.

Best thing you can do is... I don't even know at this point lol.