What the F.. Merc?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elyee, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Elyee Lorekeeper

So now, after the patch, healer mercs are seriously sucking ...
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

To be fair, they've always sucked.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Details? Like, what level, what setting on the merc, what looks different from before the patch, etc?

Otherwise, fairly worthless post.
    Nolrog and Andarriel like this.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Havent noticed any difference on merc healing on my ranger same as always.

Andarriel
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Zamiam Augur

are you just use to dying alot .. or that healer merc rezes fine ?
  6. Cydonia Elder

Haven’t noticed any issues personally.

You sure you haven’t accidentally switched it to passive? I’ve done that often enough lol
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

my ranger rarely dies actually not sure what people are talking about ranger gate. only place I died a lot is when I tried doing plane of fear revisited for hunter gotta be the hardest zone ever for a char plus merc. zone in get like 6 adds get stripped of all buffs and then u gotta worry about the raid mobs. cazic ht me for 1.3m unresistable damage lol I got almost all the hunters but lots of death and agony that zone just sucks.

Andarriel
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Zamiam Augur

I have a baby ranger (lvl 88) .. im thinking of lvling are they good to molo or box as a main. can they tank ok-ish ..I'm not expecting them to tank like an actual "tank" but can they get the job done.. also any tips would be nice.. thinking of boxing with a wizy or shaman or mage ?
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea they do fine some ppl think there bow range only but do alright in close melee. Im high level and use my archery spells to headshot mobs its pretty cool. been long while since ive been in the 80's so u might not have all that good stuff but you should do fine I love my ranger. retired this (andarriel) to the baz lol got tired of summoning mobs on wizard.

Andarriel
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I noticed a massive change like a month ago, think 2 patches ago. Merc started running away like it was some t1 merc or something. Would just stop healing.

Resolved itself in a week though, so unsure if it was a bug or just something being wonky. Maybe something intermittent that was happening to this person too.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Mercs, in general, are pretty bad.
  12. Tasi New Member

Mercs are the only reason I came back after years of being gone. I looked into coming back and probably wouldn't have if it wasn't for mercs being available. I've had no issues with mercs of any type as long as they are journeyman level.
    Ranger Dave and Cydonia like this.
  13. Cydonia Elder

Sometimes they can be screwey, but in general, they make many things much more possible, and I’d much rather have them in game at this point in the games life than not have them.
  14. svann Augur

My theory is that they use separate servers for many things. Chat, zoning, dps, mercs all separate. Sometimes the merc server gets lag.
  15. Nadisia Augur

When it's laggy, mercs are just laughable.
    Last week, I was doing tests in GD with 3 rogue mercs.
    During the test, the zone slowly went from 20ish players to 40+, even 50+ in the end.

Then the rogues started to act like a swarm of mosquitos, unable to acquire their target correctly and unable to stay in place behind the mob.
    I was in a flat spot, no rock, no slope, nothing the interfere with their script.

I don't know how it's coded, and how the resources are separated (agree with Svann just above), but sometimes, mercs are just plain trash.

And for the healer mercs, it's a pain to use.
    You need to block so many spells, on you, and also on your pets, because sometimes if you let them play , they often use the worst spell ever, on the worst target ever.

And when you're back to your normal group, with a real cleric, you need to unblock everything.

And wiz mercs ... OOM in no time, while dealing the dps of drunk wizard in defiant gear :p

It's a decent crutch for leveling, but that's all.
    At max level, it's not even decent, it's just bad.
  16. kizant Augur

You shouldn't put your wiz merc on burn unless you're actually burning or they will run out of mana quickly.
  17. Tasi New Member

On my caster main, with a caster merc, my merc had more mana than I did and I had good gear for my level. They will constantly be oom if you never upgrade their mana aa
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Dunno - had a caster merc and she would never come close to the group except when we were moving. Would cast her spells from across the zone or in another room. So I dismissed her and got a new one. Same thing - will not stay with the group unless we are moving. Which is all fine and dandy, except for that one time last week when he got like a gazillion mobs on him. We all ran away like they do to us and left him to deal with it.:D
  19. Zamiam Augur

^^ lol payback is a B**ch
    CatsPaws likes this.
  20. Newb Tank Not so Newb

I love my cleric mercs. Sometimes I choose one over certain clerics I know. Not because they're crappy clerics but because mine have typically done a good job. I often just have more faith in merc clerics is really my point. Thank Innoruuk for mercs.