TOV Loot - Just hit 6 month mark!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Raid Gear has been going to alts for many many expansions now, it's nothing new. The only thing different now is the amount of gear has increased. Back in RoS I was able to fully gear my main and 2 alts, this expansion will probably be the same. Overall, I think our guild will just see an increase in Rot Gear as those who were gearing alts before will be doing the same and the rots will just come faster. As others have pointed out this helps some of the lower tier guilds catch up.

If you you're so adamant about not having the extra gear talk your guild leadership into destroying it to get the "old school" feel back. I have a feeling you won't have much luck with that though. I think the majority of players are welcoming the new change.
    Skuz likes this.
  2. Intenso Augur

Load it onto heroic mules and transfer to the chop shop fv?
  3. Triconix Augur

If you don't think that being able to deck an alt out in full current expansion gear by the beginning of summer isn't a new concept, please show me where that occurred so commonly in prior expansions. Since coming back to the game tail end of VoA, I don't remember a single moment that people were gearing up multiple alts with current level raid gear by the beginning of summer. Not once.

Because many players have alts and are *shocking* greedy. Someone in /gu literally said he raids primarily for alt gear. If that's what this game has come to, it's pathetic. Live servers are quickly becoming the game of handouts. People may initially like this change, but I'm sure there will be people who don't have tons of alts who will quickly become discouraged as they see the same people looting everything for their half dozen alts.

And why should DPG arbitrarily "catch casual guilds up?" What happened to what you put in is what you get out? Does nobody feel the need to earn anything? Do they just expect the best available by simply having a pulse? This expansion is arguably one of the easiest ever. If you cannot successful beat at least half the raids in it, I'm sorry, you don't deserve any extra benefit. There are literal not full alt raids that are consistently clearing at least T1. If a guild of mains, regardless if they are casual or not, cannot complete at least do that, you should probably look to improve rather than hoping gear is just handed out for no reason other than you've been alive for the last 6 months.
  4. Baradorn Lorekeeper

You don't need to be an uber guild to beat ToV expansion.
    Some mid tier guild reached the top 10 this expansion, and some low tier guild have yet finished the expansion only 5 months after its release.
    The most accurate picture of which guild belong to which tier is the ranking for TBL raids Mearatas (to distinguish between high tier and mid tier guilds) and Palace Gate (to distinguish between mid tier and low tier guilds).

The only negative effect would be RA %, as you are in a high end raiding guild, i assume you need to maintain a certain RA ? Yeah a lower RA % would just limit your loot ability and you don't need any stuff, but having to time when to start again building your RA before next expansion starts ?
    I feel really what you are saying btw. I have only my main and no alts, and this loot increase will just again make it worse on time lost to gear alts. Last year in TBL the primary alt of each main was fully geared, this year this will be at least the primary alt and the secondary alt of everyone, if not their third alt too likely.
  5. Marton Augur

This.

I don't have much enthusiasm to raid week after week just so people with an army of alts can gear them up with raid gear. But like the other guy said, people in high end guilds need Raid Attendance so I have to show up.
    Cailen likes this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think a better solution is for such things like these ores to be a clickable item that doesn't stack (raw ore) that transforms into a stackable item once clicked (useable ore).

I think the tech for this does exist in EQ already (like the overseer collectibles) though it may be too late to change it for ToV it is something that could be used for future stacking items which are from Chests.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Its all an unnecessary waste of time. Its fine as is.
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Wouldn't hurt my feelings, and this is as someone that gears up alts every year. Though I will go weeks sometimes without asking for it, as its just a hassle to log them in sometimes.

Loot up for a month, the xfer to FV, convert to krono, and random to guild.

We experimented once with selling loot for krono from rotting chests, in RoS I think. Was a huge market (like, 10-15 krono to just have one person come loot off every chest that night), lots of krono to the guild. But made things take longer every night and we scrapped it.

30 minutes of our lives >>>> some cheap krono
  9. Solanli Journeyman

Reading this thread was hilarious. "grrrr - I don't want anyone else to have anything nice! Only me!!!"
    Broozer likes this.