Minimum level to use a collectible

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nennius, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

Is there a minimum level to use a collectible and get experience? For instance, could a level 2 character complete a set of collectibles get experience from it?
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

If he could. he would probably still only get 2% xp for it...:p

Haven't tried though.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Mostly a matter of curiosity, but some collectibles sell for very little and they are not worth putting on a bazaar mule for me.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You can claim them, but I want to say you need to be level 75? to claim the reward, just get that pearl necklace graphic on the quest reward window that isn't claimable. May have changed, that was a LONG time ago.

Can definitely still claim them, have accidentally clicked on the mules where I store mine before, level 1.
  5. Duder Augur

I have claimed them on a lvl 52, but I think it awarded only 1 or 2 aa, I forget. And the reg exp is 2% max I do believe.

Pretty sure you can click preview reward and it'll show you the reward scaled to your level.
  6. Cydonia Elder

Because they only give 2% exp a pop you’re definitely better off saving them for much higher levels (110+) for maximum benefit.
  7. Zamiam Augur

to help cut down on the amount of collectibles in storage you can claim all but 1 in a set so you dont actually get reward, then when you get to acceptable lvl then just claim the 1 from each set that you need and viola .. that should cut down on the collectible storage req's .. you can also do that for all your alts. I rarely have too many collects because of my multitude of accounts and alts that i have ..
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I did that about a year and a half back, I was just returning, and playing F2P for a bit, so couldn't claim the AA rewards. Collected all but 1 for a whole bunch of collections, and then had a couple bags waiting. The day I went all-access, made well over 500 AA :)
    CrazyLarth, Yinla and Velisaris_MS like this.
  9. Celephane Augur

OMG thank you, hate when someone says walla instead, know the word if you are going to use it
    Zamiam likes this.
  10. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

The stringed instrument? You really don't see enough use of that in written conversation.

And at level 40, completing the Embalming Tools collection from ToFS, gives you a reward of 4.3% xp and .83 of a merc aa point (at least that is what the reward window says).

So, you can get more than 2 percent xp, at least at lower levels.
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Never saw anyone type "walla" before.

But its voila.
    Zamiam and Elyssanda like this.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Never seen anyone type it either.

But heard Bing mention it in a movie, once. Well, actually twice ;)