Limit People to 8 hours Per Day

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zipper, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Jenna New Member

Well since I am one of his band of misfits, I have to tell you it is true. We have gone just about any camp and found something. We stayed away a good bit from Lower Guk cause of the sheer madness of it. But we're been SOl A and B, Kedge Keep, The hole, whereever we could find EXP.[/quote]
  2. DamastaShonuff Journeyman

They had a hardcore server back around 2003. I loved it, it was probably the most fun I ever had in any game. It was a pvp server and if you died after level 6, your character was deleted upon death. You couldnt be attacked in the noob zones if you were under level 8 (I think, been a while). I reigned supreme in the halfling areas until my untimely, ironic death at the hands of a gorge hound. I had a druid and used tracking and /who to hunt down anyone who leveled to 8. I was ruthless. The lamentations were non stop in /ooc. I ventured out to East Karana and saw someone running for the zone with a train. For some reason I let him live. Later I was low on mana, couldnt finish off a yellow con Gorge Hound and ran it for the zone line. The guy I let live rooted me and the hound killed me. I actually laughed at the irony. So much fun was had!
    Vlahkmaak and Zipper like this.
  3. Kiaro Augur

If only the Enchanter epic mobs were not 100% assured spawn on pick creation I might have some sympathy, but if you can't convince your guild to pile into the zone for a few minutes to net you a goodie than I don't know what to tell you.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

Do the city zones spawn picks now? I didn't think they did...?
  5. Kiaro Augur

They did on Phinigel, its how my guild there got our enc epics.
  6. Dyzalot Augur

Is it a locked door and is he a bard or rogue? I sit at doors and click them endlessly sometimes too in order to level lockpicking. I could even see someone do this while watching a movie or something since it is pretty boring and can take a while. If its just some random, normal door then yeah, no idea what he's doing.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

Hmm they probably nerfed it then, can't see why all the enchanters would be complaining if it was as simple as that.
  8. Trevalon Augur

Cities do not spawn picks anymore...
  9. Vlahkmaak Augur

I loved EQ2 pvp while it lasted/had a healthy community but I remember this hard core EQ1 server and it was a blast. However, fear did not work on players (which sucked for my necro) but running up and HT players on an SK was a blast!
  10. Malachi Augur

I can't believe this thread engaged in the enchanter epic "argument". That poster was obviously in over their head and ran away as soon as the emptiness of their responses was called out.
  11. Idget Lorekeeper

Just log all the level 1 toons off every so often. I watch many level 1 toons sit, stand in my home city every time im there.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

Its something to talk about that's not the queue
  13. Ishbu Augur

No it was a quick example for the idiotic things being said not expected to be a dissertation and the poster clearly said they werent continuing it because their job isnt to teach basic examples and how that would be used in any scenario to the masses
    Malachi likes this.
  14. jmsgalla Journeyman

It was a shop door near the bank.

15. Machen New Member

For the umpteenth time, it's not "your" queue time. It's not meant to be an accurate estimate of how long it will take you personally to log in. It's the average length of time people had to wait who got in to the game right before you joined the queue.
  16. Machen New Member

Limiting people to 8 hours a day wouldn't change hardly anything, because most everyone would still want to log in during prime time.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

I'm surprised it took this long to come up with "EQueue". Well done.