Why a change?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Stune, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Redgnome1 Lorekeeper

1. Too many enchanters hogging #1 dps spot making everything trivial
    2. Too easy for enchanters to camp difficult named mobs that normally require a group
    3. Too many enchanters who are garbage and just die and leave hasted pets around
    4. Too many enchanters because charm pet is top dps
    5. Too many enchanters we dont need that will be worthless later

In b4 jewelcrafting
  2. Komodon Augur

Charmed pet damage could of been doing double what it was before, had seen an adjustment down to what it was previous to this one, and you'd still of seen most of the same people who really care that much about this one screaming "you are ruining the game" bloody murder here.
  3. Thalliius Augur

Pretty pathetic if you don't know how to play this game after they implemented a 20% dmg reduction.

Actually, if that is really true (which I would bet my house its not true and you're just another hyperbolic troll) then that would actually further support the damage nerf to make players think about other strategies

Unfortunately the damage nerf isn't enough to change any strategies or meta, Enchanters are still the most dominate class by a wide margin.. and will just get even more powerful with future expansions and AE killing waves of mobs down
    Sokanist likes this.
  4. Thalliius Augur

I worked for a game development company for 11 years, so i guess that makes me an expert.

DPG has been pretty incompetent throughout this process. I still support them, I still have my accounts subbed, I still bought four 40 slot bags, I still buy DBG cash, I still buy XP/SoW/Clarity pots, etc... but that doesn't change the fact that they've been incompetent in delivering this new TLP

If P99 is able to launch 2 servers and then merge them together later on, as a passion project full of volunteers working in their spare time, a full fledged game development studio like DPG should be able to do the same thing

So its either a matter of them being incapable, which means their IT staff are incompetent, or they just choose not to which means their management is incompetent

This is the opinion of an expert, as you defined
    Dunamys, Sokanist and HoodenShuklak like this.
  5. wade_watts Augur

As an enchanter in the hole, it's annoying to have to group with so many people that don't really contribute DPS. I mean, a healer is a plus and I could even use a tank to grab the occasional aggro during my pet breaks but really just need heals. Wish you all could step up your game a bit and start pitching in.
  6. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Agree. With my pet I'm tanking, dpsing, pulling, buffing, debuffing, and CCing. Everybody else needs to start pulling their weight.
  7. Nordgaren Elder

"your experience is anecdotal"

And your experience is what?

HAHAHA
    Dunamys likes this.
  8. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I admire your commitment to this troll persona!
    Skuz and Machen like this.
  9. Acidjunkie New Member

This. Chanter class is still busted beyond belief lol
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

You know damn well you'd pick a bard over the rogue.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. kamikazeheart Elder

Anyone who thinks that an enchanter’s power is solely their ability to charm pet has already lost much credibility. Enchanters would still be sought after in groups even without charm: CC, haste, clarity, PBAOE long duration stuns, and tash are all powerful tools that greatly increase group effectiveness and reduce downtime between pulls. There’s usually no need for mana breaks when you have a good enchanter in the group, even with the nerf to charm pet DPS. Bard CC requires their full attention against more than an extra mob or two, making it impossible for them to weave in any buff songs, effectively neutering the effectiveness of their haste and mana regen songs by at last half during a battle. Enchanters don’t have this problem and can CC 10+ mobs with ease, all while providing their passive benefits to the group in the form of haste and mana regen without interruption. They are still a very potent class, and the charm pet is simply a bonus IMO.
    Thalliius likes this.
  12. Stune Augur

Box 50 cleric
  13. Nolrog Augur

/popcorn . . . .
  14. Delphwind Augur

Just went through a LDON with an enchanter, one of the charmed mobs was pulling 900-1100 DPS.

More nerfs are needed.
    Thalliius likes this.
  15. Kiaro Augur

Barton likes this.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

How this wasn't seen as a 100% troll/sarcasm post is beyond me.