Why a change?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Stune, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Stune Augur

You Devs actually crippled the class enchanter now. Takes 10 minutes to kill a mob at lower lvls. I was so shocked to see how you nerfed it, in fact i am going to just make a shm, druid, or mage now so i can kill the same lvl cons or lower much easier.

Btw this hurts lvl 50 below chanters, mostly in the 30's

Thanks guys, i am extremely disappointed. I cant compete against the bot mages being allowed to control areas. It would have been better if you left the classes alone and disabled krono in game, only used for account purposes and reduced the prices to 10 dollars.
    Dunamys likes this.
  2. Stune Augur

Basically Devs what class would you like me to play? ill sub to your game but please tell me how to play the game now.
    Dunamys likes this.
  3. ayoforYayoh Augur

I hereby declare thee a RANGER!!
    KimchiGoddess and Aenvar like this.
  4. sirelothar New Member

Who knew enchanters were so whiny over a simple 20% nerf.
  5. Tucoh Augur

A few times at mistmoore todayatoday mage went hard and out dps'd my charm pet. Charm is unusable
    KimchiGoddess and Spyte like this.
  6. Delphwind Augur

Loving all these Enchanter tears!

Should have been a 50% nerf TBH, they are still overtuned.
  7. Thrawnseg Augur

Everyone is missing the main point here - he fought a mob for 10 minutes and didn't die. I'm not sure any other class wouldn't of mana or just die Enchanters are still overpowered, as proven by the poster above.
    Nolrog and Thalliius like this.
  8. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

[x] My class was marginally nerfed, now it's useless
    [x] I am disappoint
    [x] Disable krono
    [x] Lower prices
    [ ] I need compensation for the queue times
    [ ] Nobody respects my camps
    [ ] My idea for a new TLP ruleset
    [ ] More bonus xp plz

You really started strong. This post had potential.
  9. Pikles Journeyman

This is simply not true. Are you two boxing? Or just soloing as an enc? The dps is less, but it was completely OP before, and still in a way is. Backstabbing mobs will still backstab for 3x their normal dmg, and you can still get them to backstab from the front!

I duo with enc/druid. And just the druids dot/nukes/DS makes up that type of dps in most encounters. People overreact to so many things now, I guess that's just the world we created. Whoever complains the most will get their way eventually...
  10. Cydonia Elder

Please. So you can only outdps 4 other players now, instead of a full group. However will you get by? /facepalm
  11. Hinastorm86 Augur

You're a clown.

I could elaborate, but that sufficiently sums it up.
    topple, VandilIzer and Thalliius like this.
  12. Bardsong29 New Member

NPCs in the Hole being so much stronger than everything else in era is a big reason for this nerf.

This is because the Hole is not actually a Classic zone but was released after certain content was cleared. It should be time-locked rather than achievement-locked as guilds are unlocking it within 4 or 5 days now.

What this leads to is a situation where Charm is absolutely required for any Hole group to meet expectations. Previously a group could clear the entire Hamlord hall without any Charm, however in the Hole there is a major power difference between a charming Enchanter and the rest of the classes.

The best groups will stack 2-5 enchanters which is amazing but at the same time denies other groups the ability to meet any kind of experience expectations. Lowering charm DPS will lower the community's expectations of what is acceptable in the Hole and will encourage more groups to operate.

I would often see a tank, a puller, a cleric and many DPS all LFG in Paineel not willing to form up without an Enchanter. I would also see them form up, kill a few entrance mobs and just wait for an hour before breaking up having failed to recruit an enchanter.

I would have preferred a different solution to address this problem that wouldn't affect low level charming but it was a major problem and would continue through the next four expansions. It was effectively impossible to create your own group in the Hole because you could not recruit an enchanter without a camp established and your group was not willing to look for a camp without charm DPS.
    Thalliius likes this.
  13. Nordgaren Elder

And yet it didn't nearly achieve that.

In Hate last night Enchanters were doing 2K more damage than the Necros.

The Hole still requires an enchanter.

Everyone still wants an Enchanter in their group because we're not just pets. We're also buffs and crowd controll.
  14. Nordgaren Elder

which part?
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No we don't have to trust Darkpaw at all, we shouldn't in fact because that would actually be a big mistake & we would not be helping the development of the game.

Nobody gets it right 100% of the time & the devs themselves would be the first to tell you that.
    I am sure you mean well but you have to be balanced, constructive criticism by players has been key across the full 21 years this game has been running.

If you 100% believe an individual decision is right fair enough support it, but at least take things on a case by case basis rather than giving DPG carte-blanche on everything which this & all of your recent posts I have seen seem to do, there absolutely has to be a place for players giving constructive feedback even when that is negative to help this great game we play move in the direction that works for the health of the game.
    Nordgaren likes this.
  16. Nordgaren Elder

He also still thinks that Hole groups don't require enchanters after the nerf, so...
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I am not sure if you are straight-up trolling or really are that much of an unquestioning true believer, this is a very dangerous mindset to hold onto if you aren't trolling however and really do place 100% of your trust into authorities.

It is far better to question everything, to be a skeptic, to always engage critical thinking skills & weigh things up yourself than to blindly follow like a sheep.

Even experts are humans, humans make mistakes, humans need other humans to correct them or to at least point out that they are headed in the wrong direction, this game is built on this important interplay between developer & audience - many of the developers who have worked on EverQuest actually started out as players who understood the game better than the devs at the time did sometimes.

Plenty of the players of EQ have been programmers, software developers, even game developers, the EQ player-base come from ALL walks of life.

So you are just plain wrong if you truly do not think players should ever question the devs decisions or design choices, and the history of EverQuest is rife with examples of this.
    Sokanist likes this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That's fine so long as you aren't expecting or telling others to do the same.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

:rolleyes:
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

Here's the acid test...

You need a dps to fill the last slot in your group. You have 1 enchanter.

If you see an enc lfg and any other dps what do you take? A second enc or anything else?