DISCONNECT ?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ethyre, Jun 19, 2020.

1. ethyre Augur

Mid fight in /Sup camp *BOTH* pc's say "you have been disconnected"

I have to re-log in and now I'm in the queue.

My internet did not even hiccup - it was something upstream.

This sucks
  2. Kiaro Augur

Don't spam keys while trueboxing.
  3. yerm Augur

You must construct additional pylons.
    Eetra likes this.
  4. Cheet Elder

True box gotcha.
  5. ethyre Augur

Of course I'm spamming keys - I'm playing on two different computers *WITHOUT* software assists so my left hand is mashing my heal macro key while my right hind is flying over the keyboard doing everything else.

This sucks so bad
  6. ethyre Augur

Then Truebox code is totally F-ed and written completely wrong.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

Use a VPN on the second box.
  8. KimchiGoddess Augur

You just need to make sure they're not the same keys. Make sure your heal macro is different than whatever you're mashing on the other keyboard. It's hitting the same numbers repeatedly that's doing it.
    Pikles likes this.
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

^^^
  10. Xeris Augur

No... just don't mash keys like a neanderthal and you won't get disconnected. So many times I see people go:

There's 0 need to hit keys like that in this game.
    Dexxeaa00 likes this.
  11. Vaxpo Elder

Are you really saying that it is completely okay that a game disconnects you for hitting too many buttons? How about blame the company that has coded the game so poorly that people get kicked out for playing the game completely legally? How about demand the company fix their game rather than try to blame the player for playing it?
    Aenvar likes this.
  12. KimchiGoddess Augur

It's the truebox code to ensure people aren't using third party programs sending key commands to multiple PCs. It only happens on truebox servers.
  13. Pikles Journeyman

Yeah when this was originally put it, the devs felt is was essential as key command programs were being widely used by a lot of the people taking advantage of spawns/zones.

Right now it's really the queue that's the problem, otherwise you would be back in like 2 minutes later.
    I've actually used it to immediately exit the game when someone trained my camp. Only to log back on and get my camp back because it immediately exits you from the game.

Best thing to do is what others said, don't make your main spells the same key on both computers. And no reason to freak out mashing buttons on every fight.

Food for thought, a lot of us 6 box like this (I make 4 my nuke key on every computer!) If you think it's tough 2 boxing, just imagine.. haha. Once you get used to it you will be fine!
  14. Xeris Augur

Yes, because there's a purpose to why it does that. It's a low level safeguard to prevent people from using illegal automation programs.

Obviously if you're smart and have some know-how you can bypass this, but it does work. Point is... If you're just mashing buttons, you have bigger things to worry about with your game than getting trueboxed
  15. Vaxpo Elder

I know what truebox code is. It is clearly not working correctly if people using multiple computers are getting "trueboxed" as you put it. Using two computers is not illegal. If their code is disconnecting people using multiple computers then it is poorly written and needs to be fixed. It is not the players fault.
  16. Dexxeaa00 Elder

i used to truebox on mangler with 6 characters. I never got true box disconnected. I've even tried to get myself to disconnect purposely by spam keys. Could never get myself to disconnect. You must be pushing the same keys on multiple keypads hella fast.

I two box on aradune and have not been disconnected either.

Pretty sure your spamming way too fast. slow and steady ftw
    Dythan likes this.
  17. Dexxeaa00 Elder

I AGREE
  18. Machen New Member

We spent years demanding they fix this when the first truebox server launched. And yet here we are. Good luck if you want to take up the crusade now, but don't be surprised if players who have been around a while are a bit jaded at this point.
  19. Tucoh Augur

It's funny because it does exactly nothing to stop key broadcasters, but does hurt random players and give exploiters a way to safely quit.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  20. Febb Augur

Were you spamming question marks and exclamation points in game? That's probably why.