Can we finally fix Rogues and Rangers? Thanks!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Master Kahleem, Jun 17, 2020.

1. haaaalp Augur

L2P and Get Gud
  2. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

You don't actually know how defensive stats work in EQ do you?
  3. Dexxeaa00 Elder

I agree that the melee dps classes should all be kind of similar in how much dps they do. Unless there is a specific need of the class other then dps.

Yes rogues can pick lock, traps, doors, but rarely. So the job of the rogue is almost obsolete . Therefore they should do close the the amount of dps a monk does, unless they already do.
  4. Fluid Augur

+1
    I have never seen a Cleric top a parse and they probably couldn't unless the group had 5 other Clerics in it. Some people!<sigh> They seem to have a focus on things that don't really apply to the game or the way it is designed or played.
  5. Dyzalot Augur

Clerics usually top the heal parses.
  6. Megazen Elder

One parse of a rogue keeping up with an epic fist monk, actually, one parse where a rogue is within 30% of an epic fist monk would do it. I'll paypal you 100 bucks.

Rogues and Rangers are hot garbage in classic, and it's self evident to anyone that's ever actually played one either when the game was live or on a TLP. Melee in general needs to start with higher skill values. Watching a rogue hit something for 10 damage once ever 10 seconds, while a mage pet WTFBBQs 5 mobs in that time period is still laughable.

Melee (sans monks) has needed an adjustment in early game since the game first opened. It's always sucked, it still sucks.

Rangers look great on paper, especially to theory crafters. Snare, heals, damage shields, chain, looks awesome. The problem is, they suck at everything. Their damage is sub par, their "tanking" is a joke unless you are fighting very low cons. Lol....try keeping a ranger "main tank" alive against a red con mob, you'll be OOM before the fight is half over.

I played a fairly well twinked ranger on an earlier TLP, and it still sucked.
    Rebelicious likes this.
  7. Redgnome1 Lorekeeper

nothing about this server is even being close to classic, mobs are so tuned down and hit for nothing

casters can tank group mobs