aas and hotkey bar let us recolor them !

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by quseio, Jun 16, 2020.

1. quseio Augur

My vision isnt the greatest and i have a hard time distinguishing which is which sometimes i am hopeing that you let us color hotkeys to make it easier to distinguish tme and they arent all grey and white, id like to be able to change the text and background color, .Is there some sort of ui mod that does this ?
    IblisTheMage and Duder like this.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

I just change the icon to the icon of the spell/effect being cast, if available (and most are). The text you can also change to say whatever you want (obviously within character limitations for legibility). Just right-click a key that you want to alter, and have at it.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

You can add an icon to a hotkey made directly from the AA window, and also change the text on the hotkey by right clicking on it.

However, if you want to be able to change the text color (which I find I need to based on the icon I pick), you have to make a social with the /alt activate command for that AA. Then, you can edit the text color of the hotkey.
  4. Coagagin Guild house cat

So simple its difficult.

Changing the background color for an entire row or hot bar keys would also help so that say the yellow bar is all AA abilities, bright white could be spells based on personal preference, of course.

Yeah, I see the benefit. Also consider buying a larger screen as the expense of 27 inch and higher LCDs and LED monitors has dropped considerably.

Just food for thought. Keep your tomatoes where they are, please.

- Coag
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  5. Raccoo Augur

You can replace the menuicons01.tga file with this image, and then use the colors on background of hotkeys.

[IMG]
    svann, minimind, Maxxer and 1 other person like this.
  6. Szilent Augur

Buttons can be enlarged, by right clicking the border of the hot bar to select Button Size.

You can't change the text color on default AA/disc buttons (you can on socials), but I find it more helpful to assign abilities their own icons. Right click & hold on each hot button to pick out the right ones.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You can also change the button size on a bar if you left click on any of the buttons, if they are empty/blank.
  8. Pelrond Elder

I had no idea you could change things like this. I know I will be making some tweaks next time I am in game. Makes me wonder how many easy QoL things like this I just don't know about. QQ: Is there anyway to easily change the font size of the track window or the quest journal? Kind of like /chatf but that affects other window types too?
    Garmr likes this.
  9. Falien New Member

It sounds like you don't know that you can already change the background color for the hot bars. Right click the hot bar (not button), chose window, then look at background options. Instead of texture, pick tint and then chose your color.
    IblisTheMage and Pelrond like this.
  10. quseio Augur

yes i know but the color is muddy and not bright and it doesnt change the color of the button
  11. Garmr Augur

For quest journal, track window and quest overlay you need to edit the .xml file. I do this myself after every patch day for the quest overlay window. It's pretty simple, just open the .xml file you want to change and look for anything that says font and if you want to change colors, RGB. Then just fiddle with it until you get the desired result. It would be great if there was an in game option to do this but until then, manually taking care of it once a month isnt to bad.
    Pelrond likes this.
  12. Szilent Augur

... you should just save a copy of your edited file to a \uifiles\Garmr subdirectory.
    Tatanka likes this.
  13. Tasi New Member

What's the name of the file and does it change all text, including hotbars, spell gems, ect ect?
  14. Szilent Augur

no
  15. Garmr Augur

Your'e right, I should. I'm terribly lazy at organizing folders and files. Think I'll do a good spring cleaning today lol.

As for the file name Tasi, I'm referencing multiple different files there of type .xml. For instance if your want to change the quest overlay window you would look for the file, quest_overlay.xml, (or something like that, I'm at work cant dbl check) in your UI folder.