Fixed Internally HA scaling in The Broken Mirror on Phinny

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Dragari, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Dragari Journeyman

I originally posted a bit about this in the TLP forum, now posting here as I believe its a bug, and do not think I can move the post.

I have been trying to do the HA in TBM required for progression - I need to win each 6 times.
    In particular I did "We Make our own rewards".
    All was fine until the final named, just a yellow mob. Looking at writeups he has a 87k ae, guardian swing, that's bad enough. However when I tried it turns out the AE has now scaled up to 107k!

Next try, different named, this time with a single target one, this one hit me for 178k ! that's more than most Aes I have come across in TOV a level 115 expansion.

I suspect this is due to the (terrible if you ask me) change made in December 2019

How on earth are progression servers meant to deal with that? Even Empire of Kunark aes would be too much - this is the expansion before that, not sure how I will manage o get my TBM progression done now, I do not have 178k hp fully buffed!
    Illy, xaga, Baldur and 27 others like this.
  2. Mithra Augur

Heroic Adventure: Force the Forceful (full group of level 105s)
    [Thu Jun 18 19:33:04 2020] Seraphina begins casting Wing Slash.
    [Thu Jun 18 19:33:04 2020] Seraphina hit you for 104209 points of chromatic damage by Wing Slash.
    [Thu Jun 18 19:33:24 2020] Seraphina begins casting Wing Slash.
    [Thu Jun 18 19:33:24 2020] Seraphina hit you for 104209 points of chromatic damage by Wing Slash.

[40797] Wing Slash
    2: Decrease Current HP by 79222

Heroic Adventure: We Make Our Own Rewards (full group of level 105s)
    [Thu Jun 18 14:21:52 2020] Gurndal the Graceful hit you for 91080 points of chromatic damage by Deadman's Mind.

[40752] Deadman's Mind
    1: Decrease Current HP by 61539
    minimind and Skuz like this.
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I am curious if anyone has some old parses from TBM era. The few HA named I've fought in TBM seem quite difficult compared to past expansion named.

[46421] Wretched Bile
    Target: Caster PB
    AE Range: 62'
    Resist: Disease -950, Min Resist Chance: 10%, Max Resist Chance: 25%
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 1.5s
    Duration: 36s+ (6 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Decrease Current HP by 12300 per tick
    2: Decrease Melee Haste by 40% (v371, Incremental)
    3: Increase Disease Counter by 26
    Text: Your arms feel heavy and pained.

[Fri Jun 19 09:55:15 2020] Farladar has taken 16203 damage from Wretched Bile by Bilemonger.
    [Fri Jun 19 09:55:45 2020] Farladar has taken 16203 damage from Wretched Bile by Bilemonger.
    [Fri Jun 19 09:55:51 2020] Farladar has taken 16203 damage from Wretched Bile by Bilemonger.
    [Fri Jun 19 09:56:28 2020] Farladar has taken 16203 damage from Wretched Bile by Bilemonger.
    [Fri Jun 19 09:57:04 2020] Farladar has taken 16203 damage from Wretched Bile by Bilemonger.

[Fri Jun 19 09:57:10 2020] Farladar has taken 16203 damage from Wretched Bile by Bilemonger's corpse.

Seems like it is is dealing double damage from the base value (which then gets mitigated down to the value shown in that log).

Also the parse I have for this mob puts it at about 19 million HP which seems pretty high for these named I thought.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Dragari Journeyman

Okay, been hunting some old archived logs from when I did all this on Luclin, now okay gear and thus shielding might be slightly different, but not vastly, in both cases this is the ae from Exalted Guardian Relph

[Mon Nov 30 21:57:02 2015] You stagger back. You have taken 68697 points of damage.

[Thu Jun 18 22:24:22 2020] Exalted Guardian Relph hit you for 100753 points of chromatic damage by Guardian Swing.
    [Thu Jun 18 22:24:22 2020] You stagger back.

Huge difference in damage, no idea if it was always chromatic. Thats quite an increase, very not in era...
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Prathun Developer

Created ticket for this. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Boze and Dythan like this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Honestly that scaling up on prior HA was a dumb move I wholeheartedly disagreed with it when it was done to live servers & now on TLP it bites us in the backside really hard, just as I expected it would.

Still makes zero logical sense after all this time, hopefully this can be fixed.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

Content in an expansion should be scaled to the difficulty of that expansion...no more, no less...no matter how easy it becomes years down the road. Period.

Anything else is idiotic.
    lockjaws, Tiane, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

HA Scaling changes introduced in January 2018 and the successive tweaks thereafter are THE WORST change to EQ. Ever.
    Boze and Skuz like this.
  9. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Out of curiousity does the scaling only impact AE damage or is it also impacting mob HP / DI/DBs etc.
  10. Rajaah Elder

I also got completely stomped by the named at the end of "We make our own rewards" after having no trouble up to that point. His proc one-shots people.

I've noticed that nameds in TBM are about a zillion times stronger than regular enemies and feel more like they belong in future expansions instead. I can steamroll through most of a TBM mission and then run into an insurmountable wall at a named if I didn't bring a high-geared tank.
    minimind, Skuz and CatsPaws like this.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, these named in the TBM HA are way overpowered. Thought it was just me but I don't have this hard of a time with the named in the regular zone outside of the HA.

That Guardian at the end of "We make our own rewards" is really deadly. He has decimated many in my group (thank goodness for rez tokens so the mercs can stay up at least lol) but never the merc tank.

I can fight the named all day in FM without that kind of damage.
    Skuz and Yinla like this.
  12. blackninja New Member

This stuff needs to be beatable with 3 average toons + mercs.
    Right now you have max raid geared groups struggling.
    lockjaws and Skuz like this.
  13. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Bump, let's keep this front page fodder since Aradune is fixed now.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

These changes didn't just effect TBM, they effected GMM as well. Good luck when you get to that. :)
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Aegir Augur

Finished all of group progression this weekend. Full group of non-boxed players. Cleric, Monk, Rogue, Bard, Enchanter and SK.

The final Mission in Crypt of Sul, this was close to un-beatable with TDS Raid Gear and max AAs.
    Dythan likes this.
  16. Moege Augur

And live players reported TBM/GMM changes yet we were told to suck it up. Weird that it is now being looked at.
    Yinla likes this.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well in Fairness Yinla wasn't saying suck it up:

18. Boze TLP complaint factory

If y'all could please bump HAs back down to their respective era of difficulty, that would be amazing. It makes zero sense for TLP, since we simply don't have access to the same tier of ability. It makes almost zero sense for Live since there's no way to use older HAs to gear up before moving to newer content. No motivation to touch Phinny again unless this is fixed.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Let's not sully a bug thread up with garbage.

GMM was tuned too low using prior expansion numbers. It was pointed out from the start and ignored, and changed later when a dev finally realized, hey, we know what we're talking about sometimes.

It is perfectly fine and in line. It is still way easier than TBL, which it should have been tuned as in the first place.

That has nothing to do with them adjusting things out of era to be much harder than it is supposed to be.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Any ETA on a fix for this?
    Dythan likes this.