TOV Loot - Just hit 6 month mark!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You can manually unstack them but it requires dropping them on the chest & when people loot using CTRL+Click to only take one at a time, it's far from ideal but it is a workaround should you need it.

I agree that they shouldn't really be stacked though or if that's unavoidable then there should be a way for the Master-Looter to assign partial amounts from stacked items.

Thing that I learned from Underfoot though is that the "time before roll" on doubled loot chest was not enough for a single Master-Looter to get all the loot bidded on & handed out before some of it ended up timing out, leaving the advanced loot window & onto the chest.
    Master looter on raid chests should have better control & not be racing against time so hard especially with double the amount of loot to work though.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Which makes the advance looting system completely useless. They really need to roll each item individually when they are stacked.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I said as much so not sure why you quoted me just to repeat what I said with slightly altered wording...

4. Triconix Augur

Remember the days where people would go whole expansions without re-outfitting their entire char? Sometimes go multiple expansions without replacing certain items? These changes to gear seems to go hand in hand with the "give me everything asap" mindset that we see all the time in this game nowadays. Now it's just gotten overboard.

Get rid of raid currency. Bring back the need to strategize and plan the gear upgrades to focus on. Make DKP and chests matter again!
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Only by making the ores themselves not stack :/ Which would be a VERY bad idea.... As anyone with a stack of them would loose all but one.
    Unfortunately the stacking of stack-able items is automatic.
    Metanis likes this.
  6. Metanis Bad Company

I welcome this change!

But I help to distribute loot in my guild so last night was tell hell and that's the biggest drawback I see! The minor result that loot distribution is taking a bit longer. So hey, while you wait between events just do your overseer missions or clear event trash!

Yes, for the sake of full disclosure, my wife and I try to gear up 4 alts every expansion. This will make that process a lot easier! It also means that her and I should be able to use ore for every slot! What's not to like about that?
  7. Intenso Augur

just need raids to lock after kills now
  8. Triconix Augur

Raids were not designed to be revolving doors for alt gear distribution. They were intended for mains and even then, not intended to fully outfit a main raider each expansion release. The amount of loot, the availability of loot, and the ease to acquire such loot has only created further mudflation (soon you can expect more stuff being tuned around having raid gear because it's just so damn easy to get now), eliminated the gap between casuals, raiders, and hardcore raiders, and took any novelty there was left in raids/rewards and thrown it into the trash. It's just a thing to do each week, receive your participation reward (coins), and continue doing whatever it is you do outside of raids.

I raid now for my coins and only coins. I have no need for chest rewards anymore so I'm essentially helping people acquire loot for their X number of alts + my coins. I don't even have to plan my upgrades as it has 0 effect on my character. I don't have to worry about not being geared for next expansion, not maximizing my character as much as possible before next expansion, having the best upgrades for my class done, etc. Whatever I need I will have guaranteed by mid summer - almost 5 months prior to another expansion release. That means for 5 months, if I were selfish and self-centered, I can essentially not raid a single day and it wouldn't have any negative effect on my character's effectiveness for next expansion.

There was a time when focusing on gear paths and weighing pros/cons for character development actually mattered. Now there is no thought required. There isn't even much effort required other than just showing up because the amount of gear available means means will be full T2 geared from just coins by August.
    Cailen and Baradorn like this.
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I believe there is a workaround for this, although you may not wish to implement it.

Create another ore item with the exact same abilities and have that in chest along with the original one. And create a recipe that uses the new ore item but gets the same final result.

This is extra work so I'm not sure if you want to do it. But it should solve the problem.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

People have been fully outfitting mains and alts from raids in recent history since expansions last a full year. The big thing from this change is a better chance to get something of use instead of having every drop be something that no one needs.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Triconix Augur

It was highly unprobable a main could gear from coins alone in a single expansion. I'd have to look at the math, but unless you were raiding basedo n lockouts and not weekly, I think it may be impossible. That at least made chests somewhat valuable to mains throughout an entirety of an expansion. Now it's fully possible to get all your gear exclusively from coins by summers end, leaving ample time of not needing anything on your main (20%+ of an expansion's lifetime).

Prior to coins, it was almost impossible to fully gear within an expansion or 1 year (if expansions were 6 months per). There were times people were wearing gear from 2-3 expansions prior because it's just how things went in terms of RNG chests, overall gear decision-making of procs and cons, etc. There were even times when upgrades were literally not even available between expansion to expansion. Perfect example...my class. There wasn't a true upgrade to BBoB in OOW or DoN and many could argue in DoDh. That means warriors were running around with a primary 2+ years old. It was essentially BIS for years and situations such as that, people still raided older expansions years after its "End of Life." Now, outside of achievements/alts, people don't even have to raid current level raids any more by end of summer as they'll be topped off and ready to go come December. All we are doing is cutting longevity of expansions more and more, needing expansions sooner, but not having the resources available to have those expansions sooner. The loot style we have now was better suited for 6-month expansion cycles, not the 12-month we have and the vise versa when looking at the past. The system we had years ago should be what we have now, and what we have now should have been what was in place years ago.
  12. Toscuro New Member

Triconix, the assumption behind your math is that every guild is able to beat every raid the day it launches, and clears all 9 raids each week. My guild is only able to clear two raids a week (though we may have the third down soon). For us, this double loot is amazing and nothing rots nor will it probably ever rot (except boots / gloves / shoulders and probably bracers because OMG a lot of bracers drop in T1).

This change is not for the uber guilds. It helps guilds that are trying to catch up. It helps guilds that are blocked by ToFS. It helps open raid forces that have an inconsistent raid base. And it helps FV raiders.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I never said they where getting fully geared from coins alone. What I said was that based on a full year raid schedule mains are able to fully gear up from both drops and coins in plenty of time which also allowed for alts to get a lot of gear. This change isn't allowing them to fully gear up when they haven't been able to in the past. All this does is change how fast it happens.
  14. Enja New Member

I like this change. It was a surprise when we saw that. My guild has a lot of return and causal players, these changes allow them to catch up. If your guild has too much loots, just leave them, it is not going to hurt anyone.
    Skuz, Metanis, minimind and 2 others like this.
  15. Triconix Augur

And? A guild that cannot complete an expansion should not be entitled to as much loot and therefore should have a ton of difficulty in gearing out completely. You are rewarded with what you've earned. Why should guilds just be handed out more loot based on an arbitrary date? That doesn't make any sense. The events didn't get any harder. The only thing that occurred was time passed. And I'm sorry, but alt raids beat T1 events with relative ease. If you cannot beat T1, you should have no complaints in the amount of gear you acquire during an expansion.

This concept is expanded to everyone - casual or hardcore. Why at a certain date and time should a guild who has been beating an event be rewarded more than they were previously? There is no other excuse than entitlement. People feel the need that they should be gearing themselves out completely each time an expansion rolls around.

No. It completely diminishes the need for a chest outside of spells, which one can argue could also just be added to a vendor. A main can fully gear without a chest even spawning. Even if a guild can only beat 3 events a week (33% of the raids), maintaining a 100% RA from now until end of November, they will have acquired 8* ores. That's nearly half set of gear just having a pulse and showing up to a raid for 6 months and it's well over half if anyone made any effort and got any of the 5 group-based evolving items cutting the need of raid gear from 20/21 to 15/16. That's insanity. Considering how we are 6 months in and most likely those are the same 3 events they could beat since day 1, a person just showing up, collecting coins and winning 3 events a week is more than likely going to be 90% geared in T2 loot. You get 90% gear completed doing 33% of the expansion. Ridiculous.

*Edit: more like 9 or 10 because we go from 30 to 40 coins in September. That means people who beat 1/3 of raids will have 2/3 T2 gear needed by November if they have their evolving items.
  16. CrazyLarth Augur

I think this is great it makes up for the way the LOCKS were put in place for TOV and low number of raids over months and months and the changes to the T2 raids that made them once on farm and the patch changed how you had to get a win on T2.1.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Are you arguing against the loot doubling or the coins being increased? If it is about the coin increase this is not new and has been happening for a while now.
  18. Triconix Augur

I'm arguing both merits. There's no valid reason why all loot in a chest should just arbitrarily double because we've reached some date and time on a calendar. Nothing changed. Why should we inherit more loot than previously? It's the same raid we've been beating. Also, with the already ridiculous amount of coins acquired per week, there's absolutely no need to expand chest loot (outside of spells). All it is for a majority of raids is more alt loot. And like I said before, raids were NEVER intended to be a flood gate opening of alt loot. The amount of gear being passed out is getting out of hand. Soon the norm for raiders is expecting to gear at least 1 raid and 1 alt completely per expansion. There's no reason for that other than greed and entitlement. And honestly, this is the first time I'm gearing my sham in raid gear ever since I created him in RoF and the only gear I've given him was going to rot. My alt has looted more raid gear from a chest than Triconix this expansion (I've looted 4 things this expansion). I think it's stupidity at its finest.

I don't want to raid to gear people's alts. If this is what raiding becomes, it's going to just fully discourage me from raiding after about 6 months once I completely gear my main from coins. I can only take so much of So-And-So's 6th alt getting another BIS item. Why should I care about someone's box alt that they play outside of raids? It doesn't do me or the guild any good. It more than likely helps only that person because they are more than likely just boxing with themselves.

Same thing can be said for coins. And "awhile" is a very relative term. It's been happening for what, less than half a year? In a game that's 21 years old, that's not awhile. The concept is still in its infancy stages at this point.
  19. Jumbur Improved Familiar

My guild is sorta casual, our goal is mainly beating the expansion before the next one comes out(and being decked out in full current raid-gear on our mains by then).

This change just means we have time to also visit older expansions we missed and still meet our gear quota.
    We somehow fell behind on our time schedule on TBL progression, and is now able to BOTH gear up on ToV loot AND beat the TBL-raids from last year that we still missed.
    Sure, some of the gear will rot or go to alts, but I don't really see any problem with that, as long as our raiders are motivated enough to raid. :)
    Celephane likes this.
  20. Lianeb Augur

As far as I know they don't even stack.
    We are talking the Diamondized Nuggets here or are we talking the Aug Ores?
    The Aug Ore stacks but is not in the chests.