Official CHA debate

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Jixxlestix, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Jixxlestix New Member

Can we get an official comment on the effects of CHA for an enchanter ?
  2. Nniki Augur

Here you go:
    3 Movement Rate
    20 Blindness
    22 Charm
    31 Enthrall (Mez)
    34 Confuse
    63 NPC-WipeHatelist
    99 Root
    Skuz, Wulfhere, kizant and 1 other person like this.
  3. Tucoh Augur

I'm at the point where the only thing I'll believe are well-done parses with different variables of MR debuffs / gear, charisma and relative levels. I have the same level of trust in EQ dev's understanding of EQ as I do in their ability to release a TLP server with better performance than EQ's releases had back in 1999 with when running on Pentium IIs.

If Niente posted the source code for calculating charm breaks I *might* believe that too, but it's probably spaghetti with nobody to refactor it, so I'd put it as less-trusted than parses.
  4. kizant Augur

Not only isn't there a debate, it just doesn't matter. Charm rarely breaks early as it is and it definitely shouldn't be made even easier.
    Beimeith and Szilent like this.
  5. enclee Augur

No one could prove anything conclusive on TheRunes back in the day, before spells were changed. Agree with you that it’d be helpful to post the calculations on mob resists.
  6. That0neguy Augur

Kind of ridiculous to say that you don't trust Niente's word and you want to see the actual source code for it (and then still wouldn't trust it). Remember this is a game where they have stated many times that part of the adventure is figuring it out yourself. With that being said they have shared things like this in the past which is greatly helpful for a lot of people. Only to in turn be told, well we don't believe you because you suck. Why would they bother posting in other information about how the game works if that is the response they get.
  7. Tucoh Augur

FYI: I continued this thread
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...rtance-of-charisma.220085/page-3#post-3931021

But to your point, I don't disagree. If I was niente or any EQ dev I wouldn't post about game mechanics either unless I'm trying to figure out a bug.
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

No amount of hCHA will justify the sacrifice of hSTA or hAGI. One is used in a specific instance, having no impact on any other aspect of gameplay, and the benefits are unknown. The other 2 are beneficial in all instances, having impacts in all aspect of gameplay, and the benefits are known.

hCHA - Charming, maybe but probably not
    hAGI - anytime you take a hit, mez and charm breaks
    hSTA - anytime you take a hit, mez or charm breaks, plus spell damage from AEs etc.

Even if hCHA does impact charming, it's really quite irrelevant because it's just not worth the trade off.
  9. Nylrem Augur

Vumad,

I would have to guess this question is in respect to the new TLPs that have been released.

Where ANY boosts to any stats are quite hard to come by, and are definitely a choice, of either this, or that, and there is no heroic stats yet.

My guess is, this is someone playing a very low level, classic only server, that has to choose whether it's better to get those +4 int, or +4 cha jewelry items, type thing, for a very low level chanter, and that paying the 50p or whatever, per each item, is a huge depletion on their bank account, to get it wrong, lol.
  10. Megazen Elder

The argument has never been that CHA didn't make any difference, the argument is that it makes so little difference compared to mob level and magic resist, as to be completely irrelevant. It's especially a dumb stat to dump into on a TLP where things like hit points and STR actually will make a tangible difference in your play experience.

This is also really really easy to test yourself. Go make a heroic chanter on the TLP, charm mobs with and without CHA buffs and gear on. All the CHA in the world won't do a damn thing if you are trying to charm an even level mob, or a mob with high magic resist.

I've said it before, CHA for chanters is like....an extra bag of groceries in your car, yes, it will technically reduce your gas mileage but....it's inconsequential.

The other thing about this debate, is that it's really a moot point, in any kind of gear, with no effort, you're going to be capped. It's just a huge non issue. I will always get a chuckle out of enchanters on TLPs with 2 steins, no health, and no str. /golf clap.
    Szilent likes this.