ToV Review Change My Mind

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pawtato, Jun 16, 2020.

1. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You can play how you want to play. But if you want to choose to ignore options available to you, then no one is going to listen to your complaints that the way you want to play isn't as fast as the way other people play.
  2. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

See this is an advertisement for what is possible if you get a code for free EQ tip line at 1800-DUDZORS..... where are the EQ tips help you negotiate the impossible EQ task system.
  3. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

But really, the tips you have to finagle from people regarding progression in some cases are just fake difficulty.....spurned from a lack of dev imagination. Sorry bruhs...that's the harsh reality.
  4. Pawtato Augur

I’m so confused by your posts.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Tappin Augur

Can you please let me know what my “options” are besides do it their way?
  6. Nadisia Augur

You can ignore Overseer, completely.
    That's what I do. I checked, and tested, and for me, it's just garbage.
    Another facebook/WoW garrison-like system, brainless, stupid, without any strategy involved.

And you can even ignore some parts of the ToV progression for leveling, kind of.
    Or at least, delay it.

Most of the ToV progression is clear, simple, and straightforward.

The only time consuming parts are : Crystal Cavern Partisan (Invading Ice), Wolf Bites Giant in Kael (it can be tricky to spawn Frost, the doggy, or find it without a tracker) and ... the annoying Lake-Effect Snow Devils merc task in Great Divide.
    That's all.
    Everything else is just a list of kills/items collections with high drop rate.

And you can decide to use the old mob grind system.
    During ToV, with husband, we have leveled 4 brand new characters, from scratch : a new zerker, a beastlord, another new mage, and another bard, mainly by grinding.
    And that, on top of all our previous characters (SK,WAR, CLE, ENC, WIZ, 1st MAG, RNG, SHM, DRU, ROG, 1st BRD, 1st BER)

All these characters are now 115, and some are still missing some ToV progression parts, so it's doable.
    It's not perfect, by far, but it's not that bad.

I won't bring back the old debate about the hell levels, and memories can be misleading sometimes, but in the EQ history, I guess we've had some pretty harsh and long leveling times.
    I remember killing frogs for weeks in Old Seb, back in the days, to reach the level 60.
    PoP leveling was pretty long too (mobs with a ton of HPs, and AC since Luclin, and a lot of required progression, with keys, flags, trials, etc).

So yes, mob grind is less effective in ToV than it was in EoK/RoS and TBL (but in EoK/RoS, with the right classes, it was probably too much : RNG headshot + ROG assassinate on gobs, burinais or sarnaks was a bit silly with the fast respawn :p)

But there are alternatives.
    Maybe not the most efficient ones, but perfectly viable.
    If your fun is to set a camp, and kill tons of mobs while joking on discord or IRL with somebody else in the same room, then do it, you'll be 115 pretty fast.

Just don't stick your eyes on the XP bar, because it's depressing and boring ... but it has always been. ;)
    Leasa Bloodrose, Szilent and yepmetoo like this.