NPCs in Classic through Luclin will inflict 20% less damage while charmed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Jun 17, 2020.

1. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Did you think this was going to be managed in a better fashion by the left over team they have?
    They put zero thought into almost every decision it seems.

I'm surprised they haven't laid off half the staff and roll a dice for decisions going foward.

I'll agree the nerfs are stupid and EQ loses some of it's magic, but in the end the TLPs they just stumbled upon then gave them zero attention or stupid choices and they'll lose this subscriber base just like they lost most of their original base way back when.
  2. Redgnome1 Lorekeeper

Wish they would make it 50% or having charm last 10 seconds or break constantly to get rid of all these crappy enchanters
  3. Thalliius Augur

It doesn't, just that the enchanters are throwing a tantrum because they got their insane DPS throttled back slightly.. They are still very much the highest DPS class in game by a long shot, along with all of their other utility, but if you read posts from people like OP you would think the Enchanter was removed as a class from Everquest lol

Its quite amusing to watch
  4. Thalliius Augur

lol what? it was a huge game balance issue, and it still hasnt even been addressed.. 20% is nothing, it changes basically nothing
  5. Thalliius Augur

yea its so cringy to read
  6. Thalliius Augur

haahahahahahahaha
  7. Thalliius Augur

they have literally destroyed the enchanter class, its not even worth playing anymore!!11!
  8. Thalliius Augur

Lucky for you Enchanters are still OP as ****
  9. Shadix New Member

The nerf is on TLP is really and i mean REALLY inappropriate with the queues. We need that 20% till they fix it. If they want to do balance changes, that fine, but why is that priority now.

Its a huge statement of the company not getting why people are quieting. It's because the cant log in, not because someone's pet is out dpsing them. Hell, if you can only play an hour a night I'm grateful for that high dps pet!
  10. JustDarryl Journeyman

Diversity will always have its place in Everquest,

Which reminds me, I'm listening to this great book on tape, Studying Diversity.

But what do I know, I'm just Darryl.
  11. Thalliius Augur

i have a 50 mage, and i honestly feel like he's really weak and have debated making a SK or something else to pair with my shaman because of it

I heard all about how awesome their pets were supposed to be, but i have the level 49 pet and it gets wrecked by stuff.. and unless i hit an Incapacitate on a mob with my shaman, he doesnt hit all that often or hard

what is so great about mages exactly in classic?
  12. Thalliius Augur

honestly cant believe the crying.. i was on last night in hole group, we desperately tried to get any enchanter we saw to join, but they were all getting snatched up or were super, super picky about what they would do.. what camp you had, who else you had in your group, etc..

Even tho there are more enchanters than any other class on Aradune, its hard to even find one on the LFG list because they're scooped up instantly and they get their choice of any group/camp/zone etc of their choosing

I played a lot on Selos, and Enchanters were still in crazy demand during Luclin and PoP.. especially PoP, in fact most people would refuse to join your group unless you had an enchanter in PoP

So all of this violin playing and ridiculous rants about how the enchanter isn't really OP and is now ruined is so mid-teen angst level drama its insane

This 20% charm nerf changes none of the above
    Sokanist likes this.
  13. Thalliius Augur

Thank you sir for calling this BS out

They threw the entire kitchen sink at a mob for 1 fight, grabbed the parse, then came to the forums and is like "see! necros do more damage than an Enchanter!"
  14. Komodon Augur

I'm guessing a whole lot more thought went into this change then any opposing stance that seemingly just revolves around some super generalized "nerfs are bad" base belief, and especially in relationship to one that is addressing a game imbalance a said person was finding "magical" to personally benefit from along with the other record #'s of people doing the same.

There was a lengthy thread here that popped up a month ago attempting to discuss this fairly predictably in need of a balance adjustment that was coming up on the horizon, and which was only more likely to get expedited in the aftermath of the Aradune launch. Who knows, maybe if the people who were going to be that opposed to this made an actual effort in there to present alternative solutions, instead of simply just trolling and/or attempting to derail the thread, this shakes out differently.

But hey, last I heard those 'risky" charm mobs like rock golems in the Hole were still quadding with only a single 1her equipped (but not quadding on breaks), and i didn't see anything about that in the patch notes. Can you confirm if that is indeed the case for me (assuming that isn't further breaking the surrounding magic feel factor, of course)?
  15. Thalliius Augur

Shaman is as busy as an Enchanter is, and we can't out DPS all other classes, tank and CC
  16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I already agree with you, enchanters are easy mode, have been for awhile.
    I was responding to Risko just to state the nerfs are stupid and EQ is losing something but in the end the TLPs aren't anywhere near the original 1999 - 2000 era, hence yes the enchanter nerfs could use more % off.

Add in the hack / exploit that allows charm to never break and you are going to laugh seeing it.
  17. Redgnome1 Lorekeeper

You are playing on a heavily nerfed server, i play a mage as well and my pets are terrible so far
  18. Hinastorm86 Augur

Any response Risiko? Maybe time to admit you read a patch note and made a post without thinking?
  19. Dyzalot Augur

Pretty much all classes should be "nerfed" in terms of dps for TLPs except maybe a couple like rogues. We are all so OP compared to actual classic that any minor dps reduction like this one on charm pets barely makes a difference.
  20. Neemo1983 Journeyman

Honestly anyone saying enchanter is no risk. Compare them to all other classes...... Easily highest risk of any mechanic in group play is enchanter charm. That being said it is OP and i couldnt care less about nerf. But people saying you can just box charm and not pay attention, are you buffing group to full potential, nuking? Mezzing? Noone is saying enchanter is really hard bit it is 100% the busiest class. And thats why we love it.