charmed pet nerfed

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Rooksmirk, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Rooksmirk Journeyman

Hey folks !
    i read charmed pet have now a 20 % damage decrease.
    That is good news for me, at least in principle, because enchanters are not suppose to be dps, but crowd controllers.
    I don't think it will change much, enchanters will still charm and use pet in groups, however.

This will affect bards and necros also, but both will probably feel less bothered by this change.

When i first played on tlps after returning from Kunark s release, i was surprised to see that the enchanter became a dps class .
    I wasn't "brought up " that way.
    "Back in the days" charm wasn 't used much on my server ( pvp Vallon Zek ) because it was not only unreliable but because it would also affect party members.
    Vallon Zek was a racial pvp server, so as a HIE, grouping with a gnome, dwarf or any other race could lead to a pvp situation if an aoe spell was used. We learned to play without using aoe spells and not charming either except at higher levels.

That said, when i see an enchanter charm a pet one or two levels higher than him, and spending most of the time recharming the loose pet, and not mezzing anything, i think of him/her as a bs enchanter...
    And there are many many across tlp servers ...
    An enchanter is not a mage, and should not rely on charm as main tool.

But i have to admit things have changed, the game got generally easier over all and now people won't consider an anchanter who doesn't grab a pet.
    I had to adapt, but i prefer so much camps wich require mezzing over charming.
    Cheers.
  2. Verily Tjark Augur

3. dreadlord Augur

suck IMHO
    there are various classes which, over the years, have been able to be played several different ways
    Then the Devs come with their big stick and demand that x class be played a certain way
    (indeed that the whole game be played a certain way)
    Doesn't make sense to me at all /shakes head
  4. Nylrem Augur

Some of the best times I've ever had (and most exciting) were playing a chanter with a charmed, hastened pet, LOL.

Way back when, was some quest NPC in Nadox, I believe, that hit SUPER hard, and super fast, and was charmable.

Mez, tash, charm, and haste him, and absolutely OWN the zone with him, til charm broke, LOL.

Players nowadays are FAR more skilled than the average player in early 2000.

A charmed, hastened mob is 2x the damage of any player character on early TLP server like Aradune or Rizlona and players nowadays are FAR better than used to be when EQ was new.

The nerf is justified. 20% less DPS, plus a chanter's dots and nukes, is still far above what the average toon can do.